NightHawkBuzz

Why is everything in the world so bad, awful, evil and horrible?

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've been questioning my existence and why I was even born since I have now realized how bad and evil the world is.

Their is a quote that I now believe to be so true since I see it everywhere in the world which is "To bear children into this world is like carrying wood to a burning house".

The fact that I'm just one person out of 8 billion people and that my existence means nothing. The fact that it doesn't matter if I'm here. People die everyday and the world doesn't stop for them and the same thing will happen with me.

Here are some things that have shown me how bad the world is

1. The Parkland Shooter who killed 17 people and who attempted to kill 17 more at Marjory Stoneman Douglas.

2. The Sandy Hook Elementary Shooter who killed 20 first graders and six employees at Sandy Hook Elementary then he killed himself.

3. The News literally talks about all the Tragedies every single day of other people who have died tragically whether that be from a murder, accident, disease or something else.

4. The fact that there are countless murders, rapist, robbers, looters and terrorist in the world and no matter how many individual you lock up it will never stop.

5. The fact that so many people can die young and the world doesn't stop at all it's just another tragedy. For example I saw on the news there were two young kids who went out onto frozen ice near there house. The ice broke and they died as their family members couldn't get to them in time.

6. The fact that there are countless mass shooters and evil people in this world who will kill anyone and not care.

I just don't understand why I was born into this evil world. 

Edited by NightHawkBuzz

Maybe start to be the change you wanna see.. 

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Sabth said:

Maybe start to be the change you wanna see.. 

@Sabth Sadly it seems like a losing battle the world is already on fire anyway we are all just living through it. 

Edited by NightHawkBuzz

1 hour ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

@Sabth Sadly it seems like a losing battle the world is already on fire anywhere we are all just living through it. 

Scooby-Doo was right…

QauE0wn.jpg

(or is that Woofy Holmes..?!)

Why did the snake need glasses? Because it had a reptile dysfunction!

Be careful about poisoning your mind with negative news and media.

Make your own life happy and meaningful and then the world will stop looking so evil.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

"To bear children into this world is like carrying wood to a burning house".

nice one

stop seeing the news, they only report about negative stuff

May you realize you are sitting on your Inmortal Throne of Bliss, and you have no obligations of any kind but to enjoy What You Are. Shambo

Because human game is savage.  

The devil is in the details.

This is a two fold process.  First You are right, the world in general sucks, and when someone tells You to stop watching or reading the news, that is them telling You to hide from it, which is one way to handle it but the shit is still happening. I see it everyday too, and I live in Canada, but its more like 1st world problems, inconveniences and stupidity all around with is sad in and of itself, and there are tragedies here too on a regular basis, hit and runs, drunk driving, shooting/stabbings, and what is not so good is the news focuses on this stuff to get ratings, that in and of itself is very sad, never mind what is happening in 3rd world situations which is absolutely horrific...

I've dropped this idea of "Being the change I want to see in the world" BS, I can change all I want, nothing in society will change of that, mass Enlightenment is not going to happen for a very very long time if ever. But if I do change within myself to experience life as I want to experience it, then that is important for me and  no one else, that is the only reason as to why to do it, like they say with addicts, if You want to change change for yourself and no one else, because as You said the World does not care what happens to any of us individually, your family may, you friends may, and if You have some fame they may but it doesn't mean anything in the larger scope of things, famous ppl have the same problems as You and I! 

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

8 hours ago, royce said:

nice one

@royce Yeah I feel that it is a good representation of what is happening in the world when you have children honestly.

It's like as soon as you have kids you just brought them in a messed up world where nobody cares about them there life and death won't matter much at all. Also, they will have to experience tragedy in this world like everyone else in some way shape and form. 

This world is so messed up and I feel like that quote is such a good representation of what you are doing when you have children. 

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Be careful about poisoning your mind with negative news and media.

Make your own life happy and meaningful and then the world will stop looking so evil.

@Leo Gura Yeah it can be poisoning my mind to keep watching the news and media. 

Isn't the news and media the truth about what is going on in the world though?

Like if the world really is tragic and life really is bad doesn't the news highlight and support that with facts everyday by what they report?

The news talks about countless murders, accidents, suicides, mass shootings, serial killers and more tragedy's every single day. 

If I do the best I can to make my own life happy and meaningful, the news still supports the fact that life is a tragedy even when you try to do the best you can. 

I agree you should make your own life happy and meaningful but the news still shows that life is a tragic affair even when you try to. 

The news is almost highlighting and supporting with evidence every single day that the world is on fire. 

Edited by NightHawkBuzz

6 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

stop seeing the news, they only report about negative stuff

@Javfly33 Yeah I've heard that not watching the news can help.

However isn't that like hiding from the bad things that are happening in life?

Like if I avoid the news it's almost like I'm trying to avoid and hide from the bad things that are happening in this world.

Posted (edited)

Stop focusing on that stuff. World is diverse. Focus on what you want. 

I do at times find it important to contemplate the dark stuff. But, don’t let that paint the whole world for you.

Your Mind is good.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

Isn't the news and media the truth about what is going on in the world though?

It's a very uneven, distorted picture of the world. Good news is rarely reported. If you consume too much news it will seem like the world is going to hell. But if you walk outside and touch grass you will see that things are mostly fine and even improving.

Most of the news is just petty drama and clickbait. It doesn't capture the big picture of how civilization is advancing.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

Do you ever notice how beautiful plants are? Sunsets? Mountains? Birds? Open skies? People laughing? Children playing?

Go for a walk in nature. Feel the difference between standing on the forest floor and flat stone tiles. Feel the difference between standing next to a tree and the concrete jungle of your home. This is the world you were born into.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

Do you ever notice how beautiful plants are? Sunsets? Mountains? Birds? Open skies? People laughing? Children playing?

Go for a walk in nature. Feel the difference between standing on the forest floor and flat stone tiles. Feel the difference between standing next to a tree and the concrete jungle of your home. This is the world you were born into.

This is Good advice, I advocate that as well, for Inner Wellbeing and Happiness/Health on a Individual level, for sure you want to be able to go outside or anywhere and experience the Miracle of Life is, what is available and in a way perfection at our door step. This is all about our Inner Experience and Gratitude!

But there is lots of shit happening too, and when you ask "Do I want to bring a Child into this world" you have to look as well at what is going on, all of it, never mind the Wars and Mental/Physical health situation which is poor generally, culturally the way things are going, in 15 yrs free speech will not exist in places where that is the foundation of Human Rights, culture wars, men going in women's washroom because they identify as a woman, etc..

Then there is this Climate problem, one should not just stop watching the news and ignore it if you want to have kids, in Canada we are not on track to our carbon targets, and even if we were, so what, we are a small contributor to the problem if China, India and other big countries don't take care of it, then what sort of world are we living in..

Overpopulation, even though in lots of places the birth rate is down, we will have more ppl on this planet in 10yrs than we do now, and we have used up more than half the resources the planet has, if every person on the planet lived like the avg American we would need 4 planets to supply it, so we are basically screwed there, the only solution is to not be a consumer based economy anymore immediately and that won't happen!

So does anyone with any sort of level of Consciousness want to bring a child into this? I for sure don't and its sad in a way!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

@royce Yeah I feel that it is a good representation of what is happening in the world when you have children honestly.

It's like as soon as you have kids you just brought them in a messed up world where nobody cares about them there life and death won't matter much at all. Also, they will have to experience tragedy in this world like everyone else in some way shape and form. 

This world is so messed up and I feel like that quote is such a good representation of what you are doing when you have children. 

In my opinion, don't bring a child to this world , but you can live good if you are not located in a danger zone ( like in war , or in some fucked up country)  you can have a good time , for me what's making me going on for now is  weed , and because i know there's something mysterious in this world and its Psychedelics  , I want to explore it 

Edited by royce

This is a good book on the subject 

Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think by Peter H Diamandis

Posted (edited)

Because infinity just can’t help itself but to appear as infinite suffering 

We catch one serial killer? Infinity just spawns another one 

it sucks I wish shit was limited 

Edited by Sugarcoat