Jowblob

Got initiated into Kriya Yoga

93 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Sure, that's possible.

But what if he ignites your energies and it worsens your situation? The danager of yoga is not a lack of energy but an abundance of it.

@Leo Gura That is a possibility which is why Sadhguru for example makes you go thourgh a very long and blithering process before you get intitated into Shambavi Mahamudra. It's to weed out the people that aren't serious and ready to learn the Kriya.

This is also the same reason why he and a lot of other spiritual gurus are against psychadelics. He knows that they can be vary dangerous and destabilizing and that especially if it's combined with an energy transmission process and or an intense yogic practice.

Sadhguru is so anal about this that you're not even allowed to eat for 5 hours before the intiation and need an even larger gap of 8 hours if you have consumed alcohol or any other drugs. The same goes for when you do the Kriya on your own.

Bottom line, yes it is dangerous but that's because intiations are powerful.. Just like psychedelics. What has a possibility to transform your life can also destroy it - it all boils down to how you use it and if you're ready and capable of making use of the tool as it shall be used. 

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Posted (edited)

It's worth mentioning also that there are many different types of transmissions with many different effects. That are designed to do mamy different things. To impact many different systems and energetic pathways or energy bodies. To download different energetic softwares. To plant different energetic seeds. To awaken this or that. For this purpose or that purpose. Accordingly transmissions are done, and also accordingly to what a guru has to offer. Accordingly systems are designed also, these systems become very rigid for a reason, because it is designed very consciously to a achieve a very precise outcome. You can't just start mixing random things in whatever way you like. And that's why it's so important to follow a genuine system/lineage that is authentic and not some scrap of different things

And like this it goes... 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

and I would like you to describe chi to me

It's something that vibrates in your body but it's not subtle. When it awakens and builds, it's very much not subtle at all. It can make your wholy body buzz from within. And it's something you can project out of your body aswell.

Some people experience it from psychedelics but it's a wrong way to experience it because you're draining it and dispersing it rather than building it and condensing it in your body to than reach higher levels of energy and consciousness. 

If I had to show you chi then this would be the best demonstration. 

He also has a video on the importance of a system

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, Ayham said:

It seems to me that you haven't taken spiritual practice as seriously as something like psychedelics

That is correct. Because I haven't found any practice that is effective enough for me. But I haven't given up on spiritual practice.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That is correct. Because I haven't found any practice that is effective enough for me. But I haven't given up on spiritual practice.

Have you thought about Taking 5-MeO or DMT and while you are in in that absolute level of consciousness you create your own spiritual practice? So later when you are 'sober' you can use it. 

Just now, Javfly33 said:

Have you thought about Taking 5-MeO or DMT and while you are in in that absolute level of consciousness you create your own spiritual practice? So later when you are 'sober' you can use it. 

lol, You don't even know that you've taken a psychedelic in that state, or if you'll ever come back to the ego state.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

At those levels of consciousness spiritual practice doesn't even make sense. You are barely holding yourself together not to shit yourself or jump out a window.

It doesn't really reveal any magic secret formula for massive consciousness. At least not for me.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura If there wasn't dangers associated with Ketamine, you could utilize it in your practices, such that you take some doses to effectively calm down your mind and in that state the spiritual practices could becomes very effective.

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Struggling with finding a point in spiritual practice after a profound God-Realization. If the ultimate understanding of reality is the goal, why continue any spiritual practice after it happens?

Edited by Terell Kirby

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, TheSelf said:

@Leo Gura If there wasn't dangers associated with Ketamine, you could utilize it in your practices, such that you take some doses to effectively calm down your mind and in that state the spiritual practices could becomes very effective.

1) Ketamine is not that dangerous. I know people who take it regularly. Not that I recommend that.

2) Personally I dislike ketamine.

3) Ketamine is not going to do much for your baseline state. At least in my experience.

4) Psychedelics will be more effective for this work than ketamine for most users. With some exceptions.

15 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Struggling with finding a point in spiritual practice after a profound God-Realization. If the ultimate understanding of reality is the goal, why continue any spiritual practice after it happens?

Nobody on this planet is even 5% conscious of God on a regular basis.

Edited by Leo Gura

21 minutes ago, TheSelf said:

If there wasn't dangers associated with Ketamine, you could utilize it in your practices, such that you take some doses to effectively calm down your mind and in that state the spiritual practices could becomes very effective.

Consider that when psychedelics mindfuck you IS a critical part the healing. 

Of course, we don’t promote it like that because then you wouldn’t even want to touch them.

My OCD went through the roof weeks after I finished ketamine infusions. But this was completely necessary to push me to do the healing work. Everything before that was me BSing myself.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 3/24/2024 at 10:24 PM, Jowblob said:

Wanted to do kriya yoga in a while , and behold i'm initiated. Still can't comprehend what's the point of all that work to initialize an experience when you can just take LSD and surrender to an experience. 

Isn't Kriya Yoga just a science based on belief? Or is our avatar build on these chakras. 

Anyone has any experience with Kriya Yoga? After knowing what lsd can do, i feel like Kriya Yoga is just a waste of time...

I have had experience with kriya yoga. It's very worth doing. I have encountered two types of kriya yoga. One form is like putting your body in certain shapes another is to work on your past memory and trauma to burn your karmas. Both have different effects that tend to overlap. 2nd type feels more contemporary and simpler for the western mind. 1st is more traditional like tapas. I have not taken LSD, but I don't believe it has the effects that you get from kriya yoga, especially the mental clarity and stability aspect.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's not an argument in your favor.

You can damage your system with psychedelics. And this is not a good thing.

You should be careful with activating kundalini, so you don't harm yourself.

What I'm saying is there are reports of people "allegedly" doing that. I haven't actually seen any proof of that happening. So all this fear behind activating the kundalini in my opinion is uncalled for. Do you know how many disorders exist? For all you know the supposed people who fried their nervous system did so because they had an underlying neurological disorder.

In direct experience some weird things happened to me in deep meditation while in altered states and everything was fine. For example I temporarily lost hearing once but I stayed calm and it came back. There are so many beware of this beware of that stuff that I have debunked in my life. For example people say don't stare at screens for a long time in a dark room because its bad for your eyes and I have debunked that one. 

The truth is you won't know what is good or bad for you until it happens and even then it could be a momentary symptom.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

2 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

I haven't actually seen any proof of that happening.

Well, I have.

But of course, some things must be seen to be believed. Although by the time you personally see it, it might be too late.

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

2) Personally I dislike ketamine.

3) Ketamine is not going to do much for your baseline state. At least in my experience.

But in your video about it, you said that it gave you such a calm thought-free state of mind you've never experienced before, why you don't like it now?

Doing the practices In such calm, concentrated state of mind can be very effective.

Edited by TheSelf

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, TheSelf said:

But in your video about it, you said that it gave you such a calm thought-free state of mind you've never experienced before, why you don't like it now?

I never liked it.

It's got a very medical, clinical quality. You're taking a cat tranqulizer. Your eyes won't even work properly. It doesn't feel right. At least for me. I know some people love it. 

Doing the practices In such state can be very effective.

I have never found it effective to do practices in the middle of a psychedelic state. But again, maybe that works for you, I don't know.

Edited by Leo Gura

41 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's got a very medical, clinical quality. You're taking a cat tranqulizer. Your eyes won't even work properly. It doesn't feel right. At least for me. I know some people love it.

Totally agree here. Ketamine seems to actually dim my consciousness and state of presence. There's also something to be said for how addictive it is. I believe that's an indication of the lesser quality states it's producing. Not to mention the organ damage that can occur with frequent use. There's some horror stories on the /r/ketamine subreddit.

2 hours ago, TheSelf said:

lol, You don't even know that you've taken a psychedelic in that state, or if you'll ever come back to the ego state.

Thats a bit exagerated. I know ive taken a psychedelic in all of my trips even the most hardcore mindblowing ones. Of course IS not like im thinking that during the trip... But if someone would enter the room and ask me is not like i wouldnt know, like, is not salvia or something. 

But yeah, is true that the state of consciousness of those chems is too radical and Intense to be thinking about creating a spiritual practice. 

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Posted (edited)

Hey OP,

I think I can offer some insight here as I have done maybe 2000 hours of Kriya Yoga. It is Sadhguru's yoga and I started 4 years ago. I have done so much in that time because I really prioritized it; it has been a central component of my life and I do 3 hours of yoga every day at the minute. I have naturally - NATURALLY (not forced) reduced my sleep quota quite a bit, so I have the time to be doing these yogas even with work, gym, relationships...

Firstly, when it comes to Sadhguru, 99% of the analysis and commentary on this forum, including the stuff from Leo, is just a lot of yap. Very few people know what he is about. Secondly, most of the people that do his yogas and that hang around the ashram and associate with him and his work are (to put it blatantly) RETARDED. I think they have certain tendencies which will definitely turn Isha Foundation into a cult in a few hundred years or at least some ridiculous religion. I have no problem with them, but there is a lack of skepticism, openness, and even interest in other spiritual teachers and methods, which includes psychedelics. I have spoken to many of these folks at retreats, and I struggle to get along with them because of the groupthink. Thirdly, people benefit differently from these yogas. I have met people who quit smoking in one week, lost weight, dropped to 5 hours of sleep, and so on very quickly, and others who are exactly the same after two years of practicing, so I don't know why this is the case, to be honest. My brother has done his yogas (not as seriously as me), but he has had little to no benefit, and that is weird since we are genetically similar. Whether or not you will benefit is unknown, but you won't know without trying.

About Sadhguru - he is a fucking freak of nature. The level of mastery over life energies is absolutely astonishing, unfathomable, just insane, with one clap he can send 1000 people off their heads. The guy is not a fucking joke, and it is such a shame that he might be perceived in a lesser way because of the development of the people that follow him and also because of his social media presence. A being of that caliber hanging around celebs and going on social media just doesn't make sense, so it is very deceptive. I have firsthand experience with his energies and also with energy forms that he has created, including Devi and Dhyanalinga.

In the span of a few years, I have overcome brutal traumas and many health issues including high blood sugar, high blood pressure, acute kidney issues, sleep problems, crippling anxiety, sexual dysfunction, and so on. 95% of all of these have dissipated, but I give myself a lot of credit here because of my commitment and drive to just keep going. Further, I have overcome an eating disorder, and my personality seems to be a lot more fluid. I am generally very happy, and most days there are short periods of time where I become fucking ecstatic; this is usually random. Focus is better blah blah, I could go on about benefits all day...

At the end of the day, I could be lying. You just need to go learn some kriya whether it's Sadhguru's or someone else's. If it doesn't work after six months, drop it and move on. But try to practice 1-2 hours a day for those 6 months. I also recommend a transmission; LEO is wrong on this, his comment that initiations are used by gurus to keep business going is not true. Sometimes it's the case, sometimes it's not, but he does not know what an initiation or a transmission is, it will speed everything up significantly and it will reduce risk. Initiation is like a software being planted, part of those softwares, depending on the quality of the guru, is that they block out the capacity to develop siddhis, these are like stoppers but you can still blow these stoppers off if you become very intense, I still developed the capacity to see auras. I do agree with anyone who sees one-on-one guru work is the best, but that just ain't gonna happen lol. Best of luck with everything, bro.

Note: I love Leo and take his work very seriously. I take it very seriously when he says that non-duality, yoga, etc., that none of this is truth. There is also something inside me telling me to do 5 MeO and something very intriguing about alien consciousness. Leo has prevented me from becoming disillusioned. Yoga has led to some awakenings but I am not forming any conclusions here and telling you it's the only way. I will say that Leo and most others are not qualified to speak on Kriya Yoga. Heck, neither am I but I shared my experience.

Edited by Anon212

You know but you don't care.

A big part of the issue is that what you care about totally changes in a serious trip.