Jowblob

Got initiated into Kriya Yoga

93 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Let's get real. What is Sadhguru gonna do for you if you accidentally activate kundalini in the wrong way?

You're never even gonna get access to him over email. So I just can't take this stuff seriously.

Nothing for sure.

But he is not the only one,

I'm just saying just because it's hard to access one genuine one you shouldn't do it yourself and enter this territory which you have no clue what would happen to you if things get out of your control I did it myself on my own and I wish I didn't do it at all, but I was reckless with my practices...

And there's no way to put the Kundalini back to sleep, at least out of our control.

Edited by TheSelf

@TheSelf

but I was reckless with my practices

Can you tell us what you did in more details?

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, TheSelf said:

And there's no way to put the Kundalini back to sleep, at least out of our control.

If this is true, there's little a guru can do to help you other than pointing out the traps. Which could be written down in a book. And said book exists in my book list.

In the old days you would live with your guru 24/7 and get constant one-on-one guidance. That is nearly impossible to find these days and not accessible to householders. In the end, yoga is designed to activate kundalini, which comes with risks. From what I understand the best way to minimize those risks is to not do too much yoga too quickly.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, bazera said:

@TheSelf

Can you tell us what you did in more details?

In short I was very sensitive to the practices I mean I quickly felt the energies and it all worked and excited me to dive deeply into it (it was mind-blowing and so exciting to find out it was all real), this quickly awakned my Kundalini, the energies then started to rise up to the head causing lots of headaches at those days, pain in the spine and some other side effects resulting of the energy functioning totally on its own still present.

I stoped all practices long ago but once the Kundalini is awakened it can get only stronger and release more and more energies as time pass by.

I believe experienced yogis or gurus gain some control over these energies, unlike Leo I don't think they're powerless when it comes to these stuff, so surely they can help.

Edited by TheSelf

Posted (edited)

@TheSelf And so how are you living with that energy today?

What would a guru have you do differently to avoid that problem?

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura Did you restart your Kriya routine? Do you still find it useful after all your awakenings?

Edited by bazera

8 minutes ago, bazera said:

@Leo Gura Did you restart your Kriya routine? Do you still find it useful after all your awakenings?

I am planning to but had to hold off for weird health reasons.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is BS.

You don't need any guru to do a practice. And it is the practice that gives you the benefits, not the guru.

If a guru helps you stay motivated, that's understandable, but also you could just keep yourself motivated. You don't need a guru to go to the gym every day. And if you had a gym guru he would not grow your muscles for you.

These gurus BS you about initiation because its how they get business and maintain their monopoly. You could just do the practices on your own like a mature adult. Of course then the guru will be out of a job.

@Leo Gura With all due respect Leo but you're wrong on this one. Energy is constantly being transmissioned and it's something you can become conciouss of.

You have even said that you have got to experience being a tiger in the past on Psychedelics ( gotten to experience that same consciousness state) and the same thing can happen with a "Guru s " state of concioussness.  That's what is being pointed at when they talk about initiation.

^^^ you get intiated ( getting to experience a certain consciousness for the first time) and can then choose to make that concioussness grow and intensify if you nurture it. That's what's refered to as the spark.🔥

I've both experienced the transmission and being the one that transmissions the energy. It's real and a possibility for all who wish to experience it. Don't let your bias against bhaki yoga and worship hinder you from seeing what is actually being pointed at🙏🏻

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

@SamC No guru will save you when shit hits the fan.

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@TheSelf And so how are you living with that energy today?

I'm dealing with it, still the same side effects except no intense headaches, I've attended a hatha yoga class a while ago and it's a bit better.

The most annoying thing about the Kundalini is that it's always present in my experience, I haven't had a single day from the day it awakened that I didn't feel any energy.

Forget about meditations, If you sit in quite and read a book, the calmness causes the Kundalini to rise up (it's always there but the intensity varies depending on your activities) it usually concentrates on head which makes it challenging to think once so much energy rises up and or makes you sleepy, feeling woozy, hallucinating, and painful in that area sometimes.

Though, I've stoped the practices long ago, the energies only rises more and more as time did pass.

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What would a guru have you do differently to avoid that problem?

I could tell him how I'm doing with my practices and how I feel and then he would give me the watered-down version of the techniques to suite me better for my specific situation, then everything would've been much more controllable and better for me, I didn't have to deal with any of these! 🙂

Edited by TheSelf

I've had kundalini awakenings before I knew what they were. I think there is a lot of dramatization with the whole thing.

It's wild but you'll be okay in the end. Kundalini is the embodied consciousness of physicality, ground up consciousness, instead of top down consciousness, it's the whole body awakening like hitting an asleep cobra with a stick.

If someone is worried of messing up the kundalini, buy a good rudraksha mala and wear it. That really helps a lot, from newbies to pros, Rudraksha helps everyone in this energetic process. I wear hundreds of Rudraksha seeds on me right now, it's one of my well kept secrets. Rudrakshas by themselves will handle and guide your kundalini better than other methodologies.

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Ayham said:

@Salvijus got it, so the difference is huge for you, and what do you mean by "where you belong to karmicly"

If you were at the stage of where you can feel chi I could share with you what are the changes that could take place in the energy system, the kind channels that open up and begin to function and how it manifests in the body that otherwise wouldn't open up. I mean, it's wild... 

If I had to describe some of the initiations into Christ lineage that I went through then it would look like the last scene of Shrek where Fiora transforms and windows brake. 

:D

Haha, don't take it literally of course. But it is like that in many ways. Even music is befitting here. 

One thing I want to say, without initiation even simple things like meditation or prayer does not work as it should. For example in Christianity initiation usually it is called baptism. These days I don't know if it's still alive but if it's done properly, that ritual is meant to open up your crown center, attune you to the gods rays of love and through that channel (called tian chi in Chinese literature) the pouring of light can happen into your heart. This opens up many messianic possiblities like clairvoyance, ability to heal, ability to read the soul of another, leave the body at will etc. You see... It can be life changing and that's why it is so significant. Without this attunement/empowerment/baptism/initiation, even if you mutter words all your life nothing significant is going to happen. The real practice of prayer is going to be missed entirely. It's the same with the kriya and every other spiritual path including zen. 

Also I thought I would share this book about African shamanism. It would give you a better understanding of the power of initiation, the significance of a lineage, and what wild things are possible out there in the world of spirituality. 

"Of Water and the Spirit: Ritual, Magic, and Initiation in the Life of an African Shaman" 

https://a.co/d/eGxTcHt

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

5 minutes ago, TheSelf said:

Though, I've stoped the practices long ago, the energies only rises more and more as time did pass.

I've read reports like this. It seems that you'll have to learn and practice kundalini yoga. It's not gonna stop till it does what it wants to do, so better help in the process instead of resisting. Learn how to work with it and it will become your best friend. I know the side effects are severe, I have also talked with people going through the same situation like you, maybe talking with @Giulio Bevilacqua will make you feel more understood.

Going to a good physiotherapist, chiropractic or osteopath can really help you with this. So search the nearest centre from where you live and get an appointment.

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@SamC No guru will save you when shit hits the fan.

Never said a Guru would. What I was argumenting for was that initiation and energy transmission is real. I agree with you that one should be careful and take full responsibility for one's actions but that doesn't mean that the Guru can't ignite your energies and that it is BS. Two truths can be true at the same time@Leo Gura

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

1 hour ago, SamC said:

but that doesn't mean that the Guru can't ignite your energies

Sure, that's possible.

But what if he ignites your energies and it worsens your situation? The danager of yoga is not a lack of energy but an abundance of it.

1 hour ago, Davino said:

I've read reports like this. It seems that you'll have to learn and practice kundalini yoga.

I don't know, I don't want to engage in any other form of yoga just to see the energy rises to even another levels and screw me up totally.

@Salvijus

Interesting, so it's another one of those things that you can find in multiple traditions and religions, I'm not familiar with baptism, though since I'm from a Muslim country, I do know that Sufis also have a form of initiation into their orders

When something is found in all great spiritual traditions, it ought to be of value, which is why all of them have it in their own way, you could say the idea of initiation is part of the collective unconscious.

Which is why I always think the core of all religions is the same, we can take the core and throw away the dogma.

I will take a look into the book you mentioned, and I would like you to describe chi to me, because i have had some "out there" experiences that might be connected, so how do you feel chi?

@Leo Gura  I like the way you make people here question beliefs and set in stone ideas, especially the spiritual ones, those tend to become our dogmas as "spiritual" people.

Your point is that basically initation can be helpful but it's more yogic dogma and you can do it all on your own.

But have you directly experienced some sort of initation or transmission? If so, did you feel anything? Are you open to trying it out?

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Your point is that basically initation can be helpful but it's more yogic dogma and you can do it all on your own

There are tradeoffs with each approach.

Some people might benefit from a more traditonal approach that holds their hand. Others might get trapped in it.

But have you directly experienced some sort of initation or transmission? If so, did you feel anything? Are you open to trying it out?

I went through Sadhguru's basic intitiation. But he wasn't even there so it doesn't count for much.

I have had sprititual people try to do energy transmissions on me. None of it worked a damn bit.

If you really wanna do the traditional approach, the biggest key is to find yourself a serious, hardcore guru who will be there for you. Not someone like Sadhguru who is mostly doing celebrity guru stuff. You have to look for a lesser known guru who can give you one-on-one attention. Basically this means moving to India. I would consider that a valid path, but it's not suitable for most Westerners.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura got you, i agree it's not applicable for most westerns, imo the main danger of the traditional route would be the dogma that would get rooted in you, you can see this in a lot of kriya schools and basically any tradition, arguments about the right guru, right techniques, etc.

Sadhguru seems to be doing a business around teaching yoga superficially to the most number of people, rather than teaching team real yoga

I personally found gamana's approach to kriya perfect for me, and also there's a kriya book called "synthesis of personal experience" by Ennio nimis, it's free online, and highly skimmable, it's very high quality.

First part is his story, no need to read if not interested, i skipped personally

Second part is the "original techniques", you can read the first two chapters which are the first kriya, others are advanced higher kriyas

Third part compares different spiritual traditions and talks about why some people practice for years and go nowhere, very useful

Fourth part is just other variations of kriya, one of them is like gamana's 

Personally I like the approach of taking the practices without the beliefs and dogmas, doing them in a modern secular way, but even if though I do that, I still get a lot of unconscious dogmas anyway, but it helps to be aware.

It seems to me that you haven't taken spiritual practice as seriously as something like psychedelics, I'm not against psychedelics at all but what's the point of consciousness highs without having a solid baseline?