Jowblob

Got initiated into Kriya Yoga

93 posts in this topic

Damn now i'm getting scared, and don't know if i should procceed. I know what consciousness is capable off, and i know that there is a possebility you can get stuck in another dream/dimension of reality if you're not careful. There is a reason there is saying " path to god realization is like walking on razor" .

I just don't know what to do with my life anymore. I just work/sleep/drink and have little money to enjoy the life fully. I'm also scared that if i'm gonna do kriya yoga it will change the aspects of reality forever, and i don't know if i'm gonna be happy about it. I have seen at high levels of consciousness why GOD uses ego's. And the reason is against the eternal/loneliness and his own questioning about himself, like the question what am i? What i'm doing here, how did i came to existence. That's what i saw at the highest levels.

I also know that life right now, is a projection of my ego mind. SO basically life right now is just my ego's mind/dream.

What's the point being an eternal/infinite avatar that just creates everything with his own mind, eventually you will get bored of that. I think @Leo Gura , is giving great pointers. Do we really want to awaken, and then eventually restart the cycle again to birth/death? Because considiring everything that i know, the cycle of birth/death might be the only option/best option. "ignorance is bliss" 

From what i have seen if you die unawakened for example jumping down from a building, you will let universe decide. And i saw that i killed myself from jumping down and i got reborn as a beby boy with an empty/clean mind. I don't think any avatar or god has such a clean mind as being reborn again and not knowing what you are. I also saw at the highest level that i've reached, that this was the best option. God always goes for the lowest suffering possible considiring at all the things he has to look at, and this will is deeply rooted inside of you. I saw that it was better to reborn as a cave deweller than an ascended master that plays around with his mind/himself.

@Razard86

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

Posted (edited)

And you have to remember, if you're eternal/infinity and they always say "happiness is within you or Happiness can only be found in the eternal/god". Yet at the highest levels i deconstructed why it is being "said" , and the reason was: It is your own mind/will to escape your eternal always awakened mind. That's why you're putting all these constructs on yourself like dumbing yourself down, sleep / time etc. Yet it isn';t enough to "not exist" since you're eternal mind

Even an ascended master said , Buddha: the middle path is the best. Meaning you will never escape your own suffering. I know it was for earth. But trust me at these level of consciousness, you can access god/spiritual planes etc. So he knows what's up.

Edited by Jowblob

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

@Anon212 Thanks for sharing your experience, can you tell me if you have any knowledge about the kriya yoga mentioned in books here? is it similar to your practice?
and also if you have received sadhguru's most advanced form of kriya or just doing the beginner thing? (i am clueless about his system so sorry if the question is stupid)

@Jowblob if Kriya Yoga will not suit you, you won’t follow that path and it’s ok. Simple as that. There are many paths. Don’t worry. You’ll find one, or when you are truly ready, a proper path will find you😉.

9 hours ago, Ayham said:

@Leo Gura got you, i agree it's not applicable for most westerns, imo the main danger of the traditional route would be the dogma that would get rooted in you, you can see this in a lot of kriya schools and basically any tradition, arguments about the right guru, right techniques, etc.

Sadhguru seems to be doing a business around teaching yoga superficially to the most number of people, rather than teaching team real yoga

I personally found gamana's approach to kriya perfect for me, and also there's a kriya book called "synthesis of personal experience" by Ennio nimis, it's free online, and highly skimmable, it's very high quality.

First part is his story, no need to read if not interested, i skipped personally

Second part is the "original techniques", you can read the first two chapters which are the first kriya, others are advanced higher kriyas

Third part compares different spiritual traditions and talks about why some people practice for years and go nowhere, very useful

Fourth part is just other variations of kriya, one of them is like gamana's 

Personally I like the approach of taking the practices without the beliefs and dogmas, doing them in a modern secular way, but even if though I do that, I still get a lot of unconscious dogmas anyway, but it helps to be aware.

It seems to me that you haven't taken spiritual practice as seriously as something like psychedelics, I'm not against psychedelics at all but what's the point of consciousness highs without having a solid baseline?

Your making a big mistake making Assumptions about what Sadhguru is doing, without really investigating it, now if You can't travel I posted something for You to try, but You won't because someone else says it won't work... Does Sadhguru have businesses? Yes for sure, he's got lots of mouths to feed, hospitals to support, schools to run and programs to provide, so money has to come in, that doesn't mean the stuff doesn't work,  or that what he is saying is bogus!  Just try it for 3-4 mths, see what happens, open  Yourself up to it (this is not about belief or brainwashing, think or investigate the technique and method of it, rather than personalities and judgements about what someone is doing that you have no idea about)!) and if You experience difference stick with it, if not drop it, its your LIfe!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

2 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Just try it for 3-4 mths, see what happens, open  Yourself up to it (this is not about belief or brainwashing, think or investigate the technique and method of it, rather than personalities and judgements about what someone is doing that you have no idea about)!) and if You experience difference stick with it, if not drop it, its your LIfe!

If you're talking about Kriya Yoga, if things get out of control or you needed a guidance along your journey, Sadhguru will not help you at all.

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, TheSelf said:

If you're talking about Kriya Yoga, if things get out of control or you needed a guidance along your journey, Sadhguru will not help you at all.

Well I think with the Inner Engineering program and the way it is set up with the Shambhavi Mahamudra, there shouldn't be any "Problems" since it s a slow and steady approach, the idea is not too have "Grand Experiences" right off the bat, you will have more pleasant experiences, I was having laughing fits after a couple of weeks for no reason, and lots of peace of mind since then... Now with him helping or not helping, I haven't experienced anything extraordinary, but from what he says he is available to You always, obviously this means he is available in a non physical way, he says he has initiated more ppl that he hasn't met than he's met, so he may be working on another plane of existence or something like that, I don't believe or disbelieve this stuff, its just what he says and that's that... I just look at his life, how he lives and I see that something massive is up with him, I can't describe it, but he's got something that most other do not so I would like a piece of that if that is okay lol:) I don't believe he is in it for the $$ or fame, or power, some of the things he does doesn''t make that stuff happen so why do it then??

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

@TheSelf Also, Isha has a great support system in place, ppl to talk with and such about practices and such, there are other in the Isha world that are quite advanced as well, besides Sadhguru, other Swami's and such that are under him, so that is there too to help those in need!

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, TheSelf said:

I mean yoga is powerful is not like you are taking a psychedelic. You guys are exaggerating a bit I think. I´ve had some crazy reactions doing the shamavhi kriya but is very gradual, you get one every few weeks, then you get one every few days, then you might have 2-3 reactions every day you go the kriya for a month, but at that point the body/mind is so used to that level of energy is not a problem anymore, there is no a trace of suffering of fear, just pure explosivity. Psychedelics just put you in that intensity non-stop for 5-6 hours before any kind of preparation. Is not the same.

Also imo is still not potent enough, that´s why I personally keep doing the yoga, even me that have gone pretty hardcore and serious with this stuff still find I would like more potency. So unless you are schizophrenic or something if is a well designed kriya nothing serious should happen to you. 

Also you can literally connect with sadhguru via consciousness if you want if you get enough conscious. You dont need to send him an email. One time I channeled him for a couple a minutes after finishing the shamavhi.

Edited by Javfly33

Posted (edited)

There is something worth saying about this groupthink, groupthink, sheep thing I keep hearing. 

Now if I understand it correctly, sheep thinking or group thinking simply means, somebody else is doing the thinking for you. It means you blindly accept what somebody else is saying because you trust them and you believe they know the answers. 

Now the question I would ask is. What's wrong in allowing someone you trust do the thinking for you? For example if I suck at muscle building, I may hire a coach and say, "tell me what to do and I'll follow your instructions without trying to figure out what's best myself". We do that with doctors also, we say just tell me how can I heal this or that and will simply follow it. 

Now there is always an option, to do things yourself, to use your own mind, to try to figure things out by yourself. And there is always an option to allow someone who you trust to tell what is the Way.  And you know what, I don't see why one option is better than the other. Or why one option should be seen a bad thing. Especially the option of allowing someone you trust to do the thinking for you. In fact if you find the right guide, it will save you lots and lots of time when you're just a "sheep" so to speak. Because figuring some of the things in spirituality for yourself can take lifetimes whereas to follow it blindly takes no time.

The only danger is that you could get scammed if you happen to give your trust to a faulty guide. But this danger is there even when you choose to listen to a doctor, or a weather caster, or automobile expert, gym coach, hiking guide, any teacher of any field that you choose to listen to, whenever you accept other experts thinking without doing the research yourself, know that you're a sheep. But the negative connotation should be removed actually. Because being a sheep might be the wisest thing you have ever done in your life, if you've chosen the right guide. Because who has the time to do everything yourself? In some area of your life you'll be lacking knowledge and you'll be forced to accept someone's opinion that you trust, and you will be a sheep. Hehe. 

Basic conclusion is this. Don't be so hard on sheeps. Because there is nobody in the world who is not a sheep on some level. And also being a sheep can be the wise thing to do

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Ayham said:

@Anon212 Thanks for sharing your experience, can you tell me if you have any knowledge about the kriya yoga mentioned in books here? is it similar to your practice?
and also if you have received sadhguru's most advanced form of kriya or just doing the beginner thing? (i am clueless about his system so sorry if the question is stupid)

It's impossible to compare practices given by a guru and those from a book. There is no book in the universe that could give you what a guru plants in a student energetically. So there's nothing to compare.

And practices given by a guru are not the important part. It is the seed planted that is the important part, and the practices are there just to nurture that seed. And as the seed grows, transformation happens of a very profound levels. 

On book yoga you have no such seed to nurture. But it's still useful in a way. There are things you can achieve with it aswell. But it's impossible to compare these two forms of practice. The nature of practice is very different. Although there could be some common elements. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

Although there is one side to sheepism that I could criticize for being fanatical, and unhealthy and stems from deep attachment. But I find it difficult to articulate it. Perhaps I would simply overlook that since no seeker is perfect and there needs to be some room left for people not to be perfect and wait for them to grow certain phases. There're interesting neuances in this topic. 

Edited by Salvijus

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

It's impossible to compare practices given by a guru and those from a book. There is no book in the universe that could give you what a guru plants in a student energetically. So there's nothing to compare.

And practices given by a guru are not the important part. It is the seed planted that is the important part, and the practices are there just to nurture that seed. And as the seed grows, transformation happens of a very profound levels. 

On book yoga you have no such seed to nurture. But it's still useful in a way. There are things you can achieve with it aswell. But it's impossible to compare these two forms of practice. The nature of practice is very different. Although there could be some common elements. 

Well said this matches my experience very accurately.