Someone here

Nothing exists outside of my consciousness

45 posts in this topic

you see guys  ..the bottom line is that Solipsism can't be disproved. Not in a zillion years lol. And I know this very well.   we are all solipsists deep down as Leo says .

What is the problem with solipsism? Why is it bad or scary ?  It seems like I'm looking for a solution without a problem.

Philosophically..I am a solipsist and a panpsychist.

My position is that we are all solipsists in superposition with each other and so the only mind that exists that we can know for certain is our own.

From that standpoint (mine).. all the other entities (solipsists) might as well be NPC'S (8 billion at least lol).

For example: I am writing these words and from my vantage I am a sentient being that experiences all these words . Qualia and physicality are mine and exist because I consciously create and experience them.

To "you"  guys reading this i am whatever you conjure as an abstract concept. I am the pixels on a screen that you conceive/perceive as some forum user with the label “Someone here” generated in continuous threads about solip-fucking-ism. 

What do i mean by this?  You are projecting the idea that what you are experiencing right now has a deeper independent reality to it. Which you call the external objective world. You Believe the world exists when you are not perceiving it. 

You have  recognize it’s a more of convoluted belief system that requires extra mind baggage.. that careful and  objective direct study of experience and reality does not need.

your consciousness of the present moment is actual. regardless of whether you deny perception/consciousness..it’s here.. it’s primary..it’s completely undeniable. Any extra metaphysical claims about the substance of reality are subject to unfalsifiable skepticism. 

And again.. It's impossible to prove an objective external world outside of your imagination due to the nature of conscious experience only having the ability to exist as experience. Consciousness is all you have to prove a world. So you are always using consciousness as the actual substance of inquiry and you cannot step outside of consciousness to verify is something outside of consciousness. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here Leo talks about a much deeper solipsism. You are just talking about the typical wikipedia solipsism here.

Posted (edited)

All identities are imaginary. 

Now what?

Your identity can also be real. Depends…

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

To "you"  guys reading this i am whatever you conjure as an abstract concept. I am the pixels on a screen that you conceive/perceive as some forum user with the label “Someone here” generated in continuous threads about solip-fucking-ism. 

You are imagining others.  Everything is held within your imagination.   Including the thoughts about what "us" guys are doing 

You act like you know solipsism is true, but if you ever actually directly realized it via awakening, you would shit your pants and lose all sense of reality.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Someone here Leo talks about a much deeper solipsism. You are just talking about the typical wikipedia solipsism here.

It's the same other than the egoic state is not all there is - there is the God state which is Infinite Consciousness.   Wikipedia mentions subjective idealism and a much deeper version of Solipsism but still it doesn't quite go far enough as far your Mind being infinite Mind and nothing outside of your Mind can exist as Infinity.  (God)

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

15 minutes ago, OBEler said:

Oh really?  Care to elaborate on which kind of solipsism Leo have talked about ..because I've watched the solipsism video and the "infinity of Gods " episode thousands of times already 😂. 

7 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

All identities are imaginary. 

Now what?

Your identity can also be real. Depends…

Has absolutely nothing to do with OP.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

You are imagining others.  Everything is held within your imagination.   Including the thoughts about what "us" guys are doing 

Which is exactly what I'm saying my love .

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You act like you know solipsism is true, but if you ever actually directly realized it via awakening, you would shit your pants and lose all sense of reality.  

I'm gonna unleash it and not give a fuck .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I'm gonna unleash it and not give a fuck .

That's the spirit.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

39 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

That's the spirit.  

LOL Not sure he realizes what he is saying. Absolute Solipsism is no different than closing his eyes and dreaming. Waking dream is identical to sleeping dream. Not sure he realizes that all there is, is dream. An inescapable dream, an infinite dream. There is the dream of content and the dream of no content. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Posted (edited)

It's a cycle more precise than the movement of the celestial bodies.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Someone here Is very simple mate.

If you sit and close your eyes whatever thought arises will feel of separation, be it solipsism, other exist, others not exist, etc.

If you let go of all thoughts and intensely sit with LIFE (this phenomena), you will merge with It, you are IT.

At this point, there will be no solipsism, but also no not-solipsism.

You have to surrender all thoughts and ideas, including that one of solipsism.

It does not matter if is true or not, you holding that is blocking you. All that matters is, let go and surrender all concepts that block you. 

Posted (edited)

Nothing exists outside consciousness including you pretend conciousness was a huge circle on the planet and everyone is at the edge of it where they are standing. Its not your conciousness its our conciousness. To say my conciousness suggests you exist to be in consciousness but you are conciousness you aren't seperate. Self reference problem. Conciousness cant say my consciousness.

Its not your conciousness thats impossible! Its gods consciousness!

Notice how you can describe yourself in everyway except by conciousness because you cannot point to yourself so to say 'my' conciousness is not logically correct and cannot be.

You can say I am a man i am a human i am hairy I am mean, but you can't say I am conciousness because of the self reference problem.. you cannot point to yourself. And you cannot limit consciousness by calling it mine.

Edited by Hojo

Posted (edited)

Why solipsism? . Your experience is absolute for you, but that doesn't mean there aren't others. how do you know? Because can't you be in other experiences? It is absurd reasoning. You cannot be in another experience because you are this experience, so if you were in my experience you would no longer be you, you would be me. obviously not? but experience is not the key but the substance of experience, which makes experience irrelevant. In substance all experiences are one, so yes, there is solipsism, but it is rather unity.

Edited by Breakingthewall

4 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Your experience is absolute for you, but that doesn't mean there aren't others.

How is the "you" separate from something else absolute now? 🤨

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

How is the "you" separate from something else absolute now? 🤨

In the eternity of existence, has anything other than Carl Richard ever existed? If so, where is that something now? in the past?

14 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

In the eternity of existence, has anything other than Carl Richard ever existed?

Consciousness.

14 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

If so, where is that something now? in the past?

Everywhere.

There is impossible to experience other than ONE CONSCIOUSNESS.

But you can increase radically your perception to access deeper and deeper dimensions and Unity of this ONE CONSCIOUSNESS.

Posted (edited)

The "oneness" in non-duality is not a logical mathematical "one" like a digit or a number that you calculate. It is nothing. Actual nothing. It is a lack of duality or division. Anything you imagine about it divides it. 

Non-existence is not nothing, it is an intellectual conclusion, it is still in the realm of imagination. You never experience non-existence.

Consciousness is not a thing with an "outside" and "inside", that is your imagination creating a duality from within consciousness. Consciousness does not have imagined boundaries like that. This is why you cannot intellectually get there, your intellect only deals in divisions. You must become directly aware of it by removing the false self.

When you say "nothing is outside of consciousness" you might as well say "only existence exists." It is just an intellectual word salad that states the obvious but in a more complex and philosophical way. What actually is existence? Becoming aware of that is what matters.

You can't figure out what consciousness is by pointing to it with things that don't exist. If I tell you "Santa Claus doesn't exist outside of consciousness", that doesn't get you closer to figuring out what consciousness actually is, because it has nothing to do with what actually exists.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Posted (edited)

Everything x which is sufficiently different from the thing y upon which it follows must stand in relation to every other thing through a distinct self that contains the very attributes in relation to which that x, though the intellect could find no analogy between it and y for which the spontaneity of subsequents in general are owed, is spontaneously occurring.

In plain language, our many kinds of memories are not only there to inform us of itself when something in experience is sufficiently similar to it, but informs us of itself because of the purpose something in experience has towards its achievement and only a distinct I could be the 1. mediatory reason and 2. ultimate end thereof, if you want to live purposefully you can not also become one with everything all the time.

When you take solipsism or even idealism so seriously that the world around you is experientially identical with yourself your sense of identity will fade away (being needed less than before), the principled outlined above entails that your thinking will become merely analytical, where the spontaneity of your thinking is reactive to environments. I have used myself as a test subject for these "metaphysical" doctrines and lost my self-identity for certain periods in consequence, there have been benefits and drawbacks in these states of mind but it becomes obvious to me that if I want to be discerning and critical of the world, as opposed to merely reflect it back, then I have to maintain a strong sense of self.

On the other hand, you can come to realise in a Neoplatonic/Plotinutic fashion that everything is one or an advaita style non-dualism without going through years of solipsistic and idealistic delusions, and this is what I would suggest.

Kant helped us realise that proper metaphysics are faith-based by applying general skepticism of 1. synthetic propositions the possible ground for which are empirical to 2. synthetic propositions without any possible empirical grounds. Your beliefs about non-natural entities are conditioned either on concepts that you get from experience or concepts that you do not get from experience, but since as Kant demonstrated the concepts that you may not get directly from experience are intertwined and indeed the condition of possibility for these experiences and inconceivable without these experiences then not even these have any reason to apply beyond experiences such as is asked of metaphysics/metanature proper.

Edited by Reciprocality

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Posted (edited)

Nope. That's delusion and if taken all the way it will fuck you up bad.

Also, no such thing as 'my consciousness'. That's your 'ego' trying to get a slice of the cake.

It's just consciousness, dude. This whole NPC story... it's not healthy for ya. And it's also not true.

Edited by ivankiss

1 hour ago, Osaid said:

It is a lack of duality or division. Anything you imagine about it divides it. 

Non-existence is not nothing, it is an intellectual conclusion, it is still in the realm of imagination. You never experience non-existence.

Consciousness is not a thing with an "outside" and "inside", that is your imagination creating a duality from within consciousness. Consciousness does not have imagined boundaries like that. This is why you cannot intellectually get there, your intellect only deals in divisions. You must become directly aware of it by removing the false self.

Amazing.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.