Keryo Koffa

What does survive death?

20 posts in this topic

I guess this formulation is rather strange, since nothing survives death, as death itself is literally defined by the disappearance of the very thing that dies. So what I'm really asking then is what reality warps into and what shape consciousness takes after the body disappears. I guess there's infinite potential for illusion and wishful thinking regarding that this cannot be confirmed except by actually dying, unless psychedelics expand the mind enough to somehow reach it.

Reality constantly changes, or my experience of it does, the surroundings, what they're made of, the time on the clock shifts. Living things appear to age, the environment reforms. I only really experience motion, though some things seem more static than others.

One time, when I was on a solid amount of psychedelics, I looked into the mirror and the shapes and colors on my face seemed to flow outwards while new ones replaced the old ones flowing behind them, like the form of my face was constantly changing and being replaced, yet the overall silhouette stayed the same. Imagine an invisible force field which dematerializes and rematerializes itself with whatever resources are available around it, knowing how to form itself and the material its made of just a means to an end to take on physical form, constantly changing while its essence and awareness remained the same. Like I'm dying and being reborn every millisecond of existence and yet I seem to be continuously present and perceiving and knowing despite constantly dying and being reborn and not being the same as before and every some often huge amount of cells, body cells, brain cells and the structure of my body are replaced, yet my sense of self remains, like a form that is the constant among the change. Like I materialize reality this way while all that I see is constantly morphing and changing, but the essence exists outside of that change.

3c0c157cad0af1d1ef5f25ff2a288de9.gif

My greatest bias is continuity, knowing, being conscious, having a broad sense of awareness, the ability to perceive and understand my environment or integrate my past experiences into a greater whole which allows me to see and access everything at once and appreciate where I am and the experiences I collected. My greatest fear is not this body dying or eventually changing, but losing awareness and memory and especially the conscious experience of existence.

What experiences and insights have you gathered so far regarding death and its relation to conscious experience?

Consciousness. Since it imagines death.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Consciousness. Since it imagines death.

Why does Spiritual concepts have to be repeated so much before the answer is understood. You don't want to know how many times you have said Death is imagination or Death is imaginary or Consciousness imagines death etc. LOL

This forum needs to move on at some point to some other point.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Razard86 Do you think it's a matter of hearing and understanding an answer?

If it were that easy...

Edited by UnbornTao

36 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Why does Spiritual concepts have to be repeated so much before the answer is understood. You don't want to know how many times you have said Death is imagination or Death is imaginary or Consciousness imagines death etc. LOL

If you keep asking the same questions, you keep getting the same answers.

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

Why does Spiritual concepts have to be repeated so much before the answer is understood

Because for most, as you wrote, they are concepts. Ideas. Thinking. Replacing an old worldview with a new one.

And concepts won't help when the Boogeyman comes.

7 hours ago, Water by the River said:

Because for most, as you wrote, they are concepts. Ideas. Thinking. Replacing an old worldview with a new one.

And concepts won't help when the Boogeyman comes.

who is the boogeyman? @Water by the River

11 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

My greatest fear is not this body dying or eventually changing, but losing awareness and memory and especially the conscious experience of existence.

You cannot lose what you innately are. You are what you are. You cannot lose Awareness. Awareness is what is aware of your fears. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

12 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Reality constantly changes, or my experience of it does, the surroundings, what they're made of

They're made of Consciousness.

12 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

My greatest bias is continuity, knowing, being conscious, having a broad sense of awareness, the ability to perceive and understand my environment or integrate my past experiences into a greater whole which allows me to see and access everything at once and appreciate where I am and the experiences I collected

Before you were "born", you knew of none of these things. Do you think your presence here changes that? Embody the unknown. It is not up to you. Allow the mind to wander without getting involved. This is just mind and thought. They have no life, only what you give them, which is groundless. They will not survive if you pay them no attention.

Edited by Princess Arabia

[Fill in with correct answer].

What does hearing an assertion change in your consciousness? At best it opens up new doors; you may even get a hint of its reality experientially. 

In any case, it's best to get serious with grasping one's nature, and that of life, for yourself independent of confabulation.

Edited by UnbornTao

12 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Repetition is the key to learning.

;)

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

;)

God has too much patience. Infinite repetition is too much.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Razard86..

Hey, life isn't about learning actually. 

Everything u learn ,all knowledge was already in existence, u simply revealed it t u,so key idea isn't about learning things, well yes u can learn about specific consciousness and it's evolution-since it's part of game of life,but whatever u learn all knowledge is pre known by Universe, so all efforts are meaningless, the key is to cause yourself to remember what u know as total consciousness. 

It's about your state of being.

Remember what u already know in totality,that's the key

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

;)

Consciousness wins 

Consciousness wins 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

9 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

who is the boogeyman? @Water by the River

well, large choice at the buffet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_death_deities

For the journey:

Grof, Stanislav: Books of the Dead: Manuals for Living and Dying

https://www.amazon.com/Books-Dead-Manuals-Living-Imagination/dp/0500810419/

"The art of dying and the posthumous journey of the soul have been described and depicted in many cultures. 'Dying before dying', or practice in dying, has been sought throughout history, not just to overcome fear and give help at the moment of death, but to transfigure the quality of life. Stanislav Grof considers some of the most striking and important of the so-called 'books of the dead': ancient Egyptian funerary texts; the Tibetan Bardo Thodol; Maya and Aztec myths of the death and rebirth of the Hero Twins and the Plumed Serpent, Quetzalcoatl. From Europe come Christian visions of the soul's journey, the danses macabres, and imagery of mortal decay that recalls Tibetan practices. The 'books of the dead' are universally relevant as maps of a terrain that each of us will one day traverse."

and a more up-to-date version:

Ziewe, Jürgen: Vistas of Infinity - How to Enjoy Life When You Are Dead

https://www.amazon.com/Vistas-Infinity-Enjoy-Life-When/dp/1326353381

Coming back to the boogeyman:

The most handsome and charming:

the most hilarious:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mort

so, its always, for sure: You never walk alone

Why should the illusion stop just because one is dead? That would be easy...

When you die, existence remains, which exists outside of time, the question is what form that existence will take and whether that will affect you, the entity created by taking this specific form or not. For me it is almost impossible to think this, since the one who thinks is the one who will disappear. Existence remains but it is already infinite forms, so what does death mean to me? Most speak of continuity of my energy pattern. As you said when you looked in the mirror, your entire form is being replaced, energy flowing in a pattern. It seems that a new pattern will emerge based on the previous one, one would say that it is an inevitable cyclical natural phenomenon. How does that affect you? really in nothing, since the patterns are only forms into infinite forms, it does not matter one or another and they are all, that is, there is no "yours" but you are the form therefore you are apparent

4 hours ago, Razard86 said:

God has too much patience. Infinite repetition is too much.

We are not trying to learn a catechism, we are trying to see, it's more complicated 

the paradox is that “after death” doesn’t make sense without an ego-mind. if you didn’t have an ego, there wouldn’t be an “after” or a “before” , since those concepts are dependent on memory, which is another part of the dream.

another way of saying it, is if you became omniscient there would be no memory, and therefore no time.

Edited by Oppositionless

Who created consciousness? 

Being seperated from God is eternal death. 
Those who walk with God can never die.