TheEnigma

What's it like to have lots of consciousness?

58 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Are You Peaceful of Your own nature, every moment of everyday? If not work on that, then go from there,  This sort of thing is real, infinity is not real, God is not real, its just concepts implanted in our heads, just be Peaceful of Your own nature every moment, then go from there.. 

Talking, arguing about things like Infinity and God get you further away from Truth and Reality, because You get too trapped in conceptualizing, intellect, and thinking process, it also engages Your ego, false identities and such things...Infinity cannot be explained, even our concept that the universe is 13.5 billion years old (very large but finite) is not imaginable or understandable by our minds, intellect, current ways of thinking, so never mind infinity and so called God... 

🤷‍♂️

I felt inspired writing most of what I wrote. Like it was flowing from me. :) Haha. Surprised myself a little bit.

5 minutes ago, Cosmic-Resplendence said:

Just a thought…

Do you think that… Wanting to be as conscious as God, could hinder ones progress since wanting to be like that could have selfish egotistical motivations behind it? “I Want” or does the ego want… to be bigger, better? Seems to go against, dropping ones ego to attain higher perspective. 

Yes thinking "I want to be Like God" is egoic, since God is just a concept, something learned via the culture You are brought up in, in some places of the world there is no concept of God so they don't aspire to be that...but wanting to Be More than what You are right now, this is Desiring Process, Desire is Life, wanting to be more than what You are right now is built into us, it makes us Strive..

But Awareness/Consciousness has to be heightened along with this Desiring Process, otherwise we have what we have today, ppl in search of happiness, of success, of more ppl, places and things but burning up the planet to do so and still not feeling fulfilled or happy in any significant or real way..

Wanting to be at our highest potential and possibility is just what it means to be Human, its our Beingness, first establish that, BE-->DO-->then Have, then there is no problems arising, you have fulfilment and are helping others along the way to do the same..

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Yes… I agree with you Ishanga. Definitely! Probably the highest, purest form of higher consciousness comes when you least expect it, cause you’re busy just being, and aren’t consciously thinking of arriving to some higher state or someplace different than you are now. 

On a side note, I think the only reason psychedelics even work in having shifts in perspective is simply because ones ego is squashed, and when the ego is gone, it creates room for higher realization. Maybe there’s more to it than that, but I believe this is a huge factor.

Edited by Cosmic-Resplendence

Don't know. Beyond speculating, figure it out for yourself and then come back and tell us. Then, we'll have to do the same. :) 

1 minute ago, Cosmic-Resplendence said:

Yes… I agree with you Ishanga. Definitely! Probably the highest, purest form of higher consciousness comes when you least expect it, cause you’re busy just being, and aren’t consciously thinking of arriving to some higher state or someplace different than you are now. 

On a side note, I think the only reason psychedelics even work in having shifts in perspective is simply because ones ego is squashed, and when the ego is gone, it creates room for higher realization. 

Yes for sure..Beingness is just being Aware intensely that Now is everything (past/memory/wisdom not wounded..  future/imagination/creating what we want,  we just use), How I respond to it makes all the difference, and that when I don't Accept what is as Inevitable, then resistance/stress comes, in that sort of Experience then Ease is Your inner state, Harmony happens, Peace is normal, from that things get Intensified and other possibilities arise, Enlightenment comes then sooner or later...

I think psychedelics are good at a certain stage, doing them at a beginning stage without any prep work or sadhana in place, is not so safe, but after allot of prep work and sadhana I think they can help one along for sure...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Another thing… I’m getting a little off topic, but while we’re on the subject of Ego. 

I think the “Devil” in Christianity is really the symbolic meaning of full embodiment of Ego, like personification of ego into a walking talking entity. All Satan does is want, takes, tricks others for his own selfish reasons, to take or steal souls. Christians take the devil as an actual being, but maybe its simply Ego they’re talking about, ego taken to the full extreme. If you look at all the evil persons in history, what’s the one common denominator they all have which makes them that way… Unrestrained, excessive out of control ego. The worst of them kill just for self gratification, makes them feel bigger, stronger than others. 

On the other hand, all the good, righteous persons in history, love all others, go out of their way only to help, giving without expecting anything in return. Its the old, service to self, vs. service to others. 

Edited by Cosmic-Resplendence

5 hours ago, Water by the River said:

Does an ant have Buddha Nature?

Does a rat have Buddha Nature?

Does a human have Buddha Nature?

Does an alien have Buddha Nature?

Does an alien (n+1) have Buddha Nature?

Exactly.

All of these little Koans work if concentrated on long enough...

And then: Is the Buddha Nature of the ant different than that of the alien n+1? Not its contents, or the objects or n+1 understandings it is holding within its field of awareness. But its Buddha Nature, its essence.

This comes as a synchonicity, since yesterday, after meditation, it became as obvious as to write it down that, as impersonal Awareness lies beyond the game of vibrational frequencies, there´s no ultimate Identity to search or find within the bubbles of individual consciousness and their unending vibratory forms and vibrational avatars and realms. What marks our real Identity is just the capability of being Aware, the very  existence of Awareness, not the scope of a particular individual body-mind perspective. As Jackson Peterson said, "if you´re aware, you´re the Absolute". 

Once anchored as what we are ( unimprovable Impersonal Awareness), there´s no reason to not engage in "improving techniques" (energetic traditions, esoteric meditations, Light Body practices, etc.) that apply to the avatar (while the game is on, we better have a nice avatar), and we could do that without falling into deception or contradiction. 

This is my forest, my joy, my love and my shelter, the music I compose: loismusic.com

10 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

What keeps a very advanced alien from merging with God? I mean once you hit a certain level of consciousness, it would be hard to keep your form, wouldn't it?

Alien Consciousness is a very advanced form of God Consciousness.

There are human forms of God Consciosness and then alien ones, which put the human ones to shame.

10 hours ago, Judy2 said:

@Leo Gura

isn't the distinction between "ant consicousness", "human consciousness" and "alien consciousness" itself relative? meanwhile, absolute Consciousness should denote their underlying commonality, right? and isn't alien consciousness a bias, while all "forms of consciousness" ultimately share an equal status in the absolute sense?

No

and speaking of personal biases, don't you think it's already complicated enough to be human? if anything i'd prefer to be an ant next time around. my life would be so much simpler.

I will ask God to make you a chair in the next incarnation ;)

10 hours ago, Water by the River said:

Does an ant have Buddha Nature?

Does a rat have Buddha Nature?

Does a human have Buddha Nature?

Does an alien have Buddha Nature?

Does an alien (n+1) have Buddha Nature?

Exactly.

Buddhist bullshit.

Is an ant made out of atoms?

Is a rat made out of atoms?

Is a human made of atoms?

Is an alien made of atoms?

Yeah. But that says nothing of their consciousness.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Alien Love, baby

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I would say look at a severely autistic person thats what it looks like. Someone that is drooling and pissing spitting and shitting all over themselves and not caring at all. They are angels, vibration too high to function in a human body. Human is too low for them.

Edited by Hojo

46 minutes ago, Hojo said:

I would say look at a severely autistic person thats what it looks like.

Just NO.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Gee Leo, I don't know, severely autistic people shit on carpets just as much as you do in your Alien Consciousness :P

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

22 hours ago, TheEnigma said:

Thank you. Have you ever reached many times consciousness than your normal state? And would someone with 1000 times more consciousness be able to explain it to an average person if the average person is indeed open minded enough? Or is it simply impossible?

Yes I have.

If you were openminded enough you could reach this states on your own ;)

words fall short.

what 100 times more consciousness feels like:

What 1000 more consciousness feels like:

Let me tell you some abstract side effects and nuances from personal experience.

Bliss in varying regions in your body, especially energy centers (chakras).

Having a extended sense of how much space you are taking. You are feeling more energetic, it's like you are taking a bit more space, you feel that you are dense but somehow light at the same time, you feel how various forces are flowing trough your body.

You have gaps of complete sielence in your mind (happening on their own) at some points in the day and it feels good.

What you are uttering to others is more likely to manifest and you believe in yourself more.

You have more power to visualize something and therefore that something happens in your life.

You can sometimes shake or even your body could move by itself during meditation, this is normal.

You become more present and more of a presence in general than a personality. Your personal evolution happens faster (in a shorter time period it's harder to believe that this used to be you).

You can enjoy your own company without anything.

Some habits could disappear since you shined light at some part of your consciousness or your life is put on a perspective and you get clearer about what you would like to do the most.

Your potential and frequency of moments of satori increase.

Fear of death reduces, sense of eternity evolves and deepens.

And of course there are more and more that is unexplored.

Edited by Applegarden8

The meta lesson here is you should not let anyone define what Consciousness is but YOU. That’s when the real fun begins.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Time traveling is possible only with the Mind. Not amount of presence will get you to time travel. 

Just saying in case someone is planning to time travel..

happiness 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi