Majed

is Christianity true ?

22 posts in this topic

if consciousness can imagine anything, this means that for a christian, christianity is true, literally. and for an atheist, materialism is true, literally. and for a nazi, nazism is true, literally. and for a jew, judaism is true, literally. So falsehood doesn't exist. 

But the degree of truth is not the same.

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Consciousness could image a universe in which Christianity was true, but it could also imagine a universe in which Christianity was false.

If we're unlucky Mormonism turns out to be only true religion of this universe and we'll meet each other in Mormon hell.

I'm not sure how much your personal beliefs play into this. Maybe devotion attracts certain realities into existence. Or maybe we'll just enter existence roulette after we die. There is literally an infinite amount of answers to this question.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

The Bible, particularly the story of Jesus and his crucifixion in Luke 23, when analyzed through a gnostic lens, is like a grimoire. The mythos of the Bible points to alchemical and metaphysical truths. 

Christianity is literally a personality cult.

Just because you can fool yourselves into believing it doesn't mean it's good for you.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The guy that started it found the truth, but the people after him mostly no, with rare exceptions. Simply rejecting everything as being "made up" is also a form of self-deception and not properly doing your investigations.

Whether or not something turns into a "personality cult" was not necessarily the result of the founder's intentions but the people after them. The tendency to idolize spiritual teachers/prophets have always been a phenomenon to this day, including this place. I mean you don't even need to be a spiritual teacher, this whole world is filled with people that try to idolize certain individuals in more or less a "cultish" manner, so it's not unique to any one individual.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

4 hours ago, puporing said:

The guy that started it found the truth, but the people after him mostly no, with rare exceptions. Simply rejecting everything as being "made up" is also a form of self-deception and not properly doing your investigations.

Whether or not something turns into a "personality cult" was not necessarily the result of the founder's intentions but the people after them. The tendency to idolize spiritual teachers/prophets have always been a phenomenon to this day, including this place. I mean you don't even need to be a spiritual teacher, this whole world is filled with people that try to idolize certain individuals in more or less a "cultish" manner, so it's not unique to any one individual.

Well-said. The Roman Catholic Church and the papacy certainly bastardized the word of Christ. I believe in the historicity of a revolutionary alchemist named Yeshua or Jesus who called Himself Christ was put to death by the Roman government for upsetting the establishment and performing miracles. But I do not doubt that most people take the "walking on water" and "turning water into wine" far too literally as if it isn't alchemical symbolism. He mostly just had some sort of supernatural gift for healing the sick, and probably a knack for reading situations and spooking people out on a psychic, almost omniscient level. People really miss out on the metaphysical properties of the symbolism at play in the story of Christ (and other stories in the Bible, such as Adam & Eve in the Garden of Eden) and fail to realize how much overlap there is between Christianity and eastern traditions, as well as occult traditions. Hell, even if Jesus is a historically fictional man, the mythos of His story is too metaphysically powerful and alchemically suggestive to shrug off. It's just a shame that most folks are put off by Christianity because of the conservatism and institutionalism of most modern branches. I hope more people can learn to just think of the kind of Christianity that entails televangelists and megachurches and homophobia and Crusades as a warped, deceptive, capitalizing misinterpretation of Christ. 

Edited by Clyde the Rainmaker

@Leo Gura I know as a westerner, you were raised in a mostly secular environment but could connecting with God in a semi-religious semi-spiritual way be any good?

It is the difference between meditation and praying. I used to pray a lot, and I can say that Praying is more emotionally engaging then meditation but Meditation is more concentrated and mind-focused pracitce. It is the difference between Buddhism and something like Sufism.

Part of me is longing to do some  praying but nonduality made it harder for me to do so, as it removes the distinction between you and God. 

I would have to pretend that God is a separate entity to do so (in some, that actually is true).

Edited by LSD-Rumi

1 hour ago, Clyde the Rainmaker said:

Well-said. The Roman Catholic Church and the papacy certainly bastardized the word of Christ. I believe in the historicity of a revolutionary alchemist named Yeshua or Jesus who called Himself Christ was put to death by the Roman government for upsetting the establishment and performing miracles. But I do not doubt that most people take the "walking on water" and "turning water into wine" far too literally as if it isn't alchemical symbolism. He mostly just had some sort of supernatural gift for healing the sick, and probably a knack for reading situations and spooking people out on a psychic, almost omniscient level. People really miss out on the metaphysical properties of the symbolism at play in the story of Christ (and other stories in the Bible, such as Adam & Eve in the Garden of Eden) and fail to realize how much overlap there is between Christianity and eastern traditions, as well as occult traditions. Hell, even if Jesus is a historically fictional man, the mythos of his story is too metaphysically powerful and alchemically suggestive to shrug off. It's just a shame that most folks are put off by Christianity because of the conservatism and institutionalism of most modern branches. I hope more people can learn to just think of the kind of Christianity that entails televangelists and megachurches and homophobia and Crusades as a warped, deceptive, capitalizing misinterpretation of Christ. 

Yeah 99.99% of them won't recognize the actual Christ consciousness if it reappeared infront of them, so most of them have a big gap in level of consciousness. But that doesn't mean Jesus himself was like that. There's a reason it got so big, it was at least in part due to how high the state Jesus was in and the things he was able to do/say as a result. So the after effect in this world is a result of this.

Most of the anti-Christs are actually quite spiritual people. Nowadays people don't understand Christ consciousness anymore since it's been so long, they have imagined ideas about this person that is not based in reality. Because well, you can't fully understand it until you become it basically. 

I don't blame them though it's just how these things work like any groups that get formed.. sometimes they stick more true to the original other times no. And also there's been more understanding after Jesus ascended to heaven that is not taught in the bible.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

1 hour ago, puporing said:

Most of the anti-Christs are actually quite spiritual people.

"The Devil knows the Bible like the back of his hand." --Tom Waits

Edited by Clyde the Rainmaker

On 1/31/2024 at 3:15 PM, Majed said:

if consciousness can imagine anything, this means that for a christian, christianity is true, literally. and for an atheist, materialism is true, literally. and for a nazi, nazism is true, literally. and for a jew, judaism is true, literally. So falsehood doesn't exist. 

Falsehood is part of Truth. Truth includes everything. Including falsehood :)

Truth can be relative, somewhat. Truth though exists beyond any subjective standpoint. 

its not THE truth its just a figment. decide what u want, either is gonna be true for u

Muslims believe Islam is more of the truth than Christianity. They see Christians and Jews as People fo the Book, since they view Islam as the final and purest form of the Abrahamic tradition. 

Not to be rude, but in a way they view Christianity and Judaism as misguided children, who have lost their way. This is partly why Iran gives Chrsitians and Jews the right to worship there, but this right isn't granted to Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists, etc. 

3 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

but could connecting with God in a semi-religious semi-spiritual way be any good?

The good is the enemy of the great.

If you are starving it is better to eat a twig than nothing. But why eat twigs when you could eat a steak?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Majed

On 31/01/2024 at 8:15 PM, Majed said:

True to some extent. For example the statement that 'facts don't care about your feelings.' At first seems true, but is actually wrong because that assumes facts and logic and superior to feelings and intuition,  when in fact we, based on many developmental factors, and ideological beliefs and biases do selection bias and confirmation bias, cherry pick facts that suit our ego and preferences.  In reality reality is metaphorical and also anecdotal and thrives on stories, and our minds and consciousness, or just at least our brains aren't good at only processing facts without context. It's the other way around, that 'facts do care about feelings', because depending on our feeling, one fact is valued over another fact. 'Feelings don't care about facts.', is also a good insight.

On 1/31/2024 at 3:15 PM, Majed said:

Feelings, perspectives, and beliefs are valid. Validity ≠ truth.

On 2/4/2024 at 4:40 AM, Leo Gura said:

Christianity is literally a personality cult.

👆👆👆👆👆👆

Excellent description