HMD

Leo’s aggression

46 posts in this topic

As we all know, Leo’s style of teaching is relatively direct and aggressive. He doesn’t beat around the bush and won’t hesitate to hurt your feelings. 

And sometimes, he goes way overboard and expresses a degree of aggression that is controversial and even disturbing for some. But I think it is a genius way to integrate one’s shadow (particularly the aggression part). 

As he mentioned in one of his videos, he dealt with people-pleasing in the early days, which might have lead to the aggressive parts sinking in the shadows. 

Now, most people’s shadow crawls out in the most destructive ways, but Leo focuses it around his work, where it can be of benefit to others. I think this is straight-up brilliant! Not a lot of people can actually pull off something like this.  

P.s: I am not saying he always has complete control over his shadow, but at least it comes out in a generally positive way, where it has the potential for benefit.

P.P.S. All of this can be seen from a negative lens that he has anger issues or that his “style” is just an excuse for accumulating power; But IMO this is just a negative view of something inspiring. 

Edited by HMD

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

Anecdotally, I am traumatized by narcs, yet I don't find the style aggressive. Neutrality is unlike negative intents, despite attachments superficially relativizing it as offensive.

@nuwu Oh boy, unpack the second sentence for me, please. Like, which attachments are you referring to? And what do you mean by relativizing it? 

5 minutes ago, HMD said:

@nuwu Oh boy, unpack the second sentence for me, please. Like, which attachments are you referring to? And what do you mean by relativizing it? 

We need a separate dictionary of advanced English and an AI quantum bot to understand him.

@An young beingHaha as much as I would love to have that kind of crazy tech around, we’re better off just asking others what they mean. Yk, so we can improve our communication skills too. 

Edited by HMD

49 minutes ago, HMD said:

@An young beingHaha as much as I would love to have that kind of crazy tech around, we’re better off just asking others what they mean. Yk, so we can improve our communication skills too. 

Yeah. I infact enjoy such people who use advanced vocabularies or create cleverly constructed sentences. One of the reasons why I spend time in this forum is to improve my own English skills, as it has been years since I had a good conversation with someone in English. It is even enjoyable in trying to understand moderately complex sentences that Western speakers find to be quite easy, especially when infused with spiritual meaning.

Symbolic complexity is meaningless on its own. Researching type indicators contributes to self-reflection on mental frameworks. From my understanding, cognitive functions are focal points of thought processes in dichotomic networks of perspectives, with extraversion equivalent to maximalism | divergence | grasp of everything, and introversion to minimalism | convergence | grasp of nothing, intertwining creation and destruction (or upside-down depending on perspective; destruction is a creative process; maximization is a minimization problem, and vice-versa). The MBTI map is effective despite inherently imperfect, distinctions between cognitive functions are malleable, blurry | overlapping, oblivious to edge cases, and probably formed over arbitrary clusters of thoughts. There are also theories surrounding the dimensionality of functions. Nonetheless, despite reductionism, some equilibrium are more stable than others. 16personalities.com is misleading and shouldn’t be recommended, try advanced-personality.com

1) In NiTe archetypes, semantic networks are lossy communication tools. Intuitive convergence is prior to constructive understanding. Authors might have difficulties expressing comprehensive leaps since these are not grounded in structures. Ti is normally unvalued & subconscious, but still manifest.
2) In TiNe, constructivism is favored. I am not an active Ti user so I don't know. Ni is subconscious & unvalued, possibly stronger than dominant function, but not directly manifested.
3) Other archetypes like TiNi, NiTi, and NiFi exist. I have a strong Fi as far as I've observed, such that I get easily lost in NiFi emo loops, and support systems of values detached from extraverted ideals.
4) Cognition in narcissism is difficult to identify. They may wear infinite masks and may adjust to whichever appearances fit a narrative, manipulative intent, or excessive desire for attention | recognition.

Personally, I have important social anxiety, and I think everything I do is trash, especially when directly confronted on specifics outside notes and iterative refinements. I am mainly spinning Leo's ideas. I can't tolerate psychedelic body loads, and I have too much brain fog for meditation. Due to health issues, I can barely do anything other than playing games and funposting. I also use `|` and `&` because I struggle to format layered unions and intersections. These are not abbreviations, and they have the highest operator precedences.

Edited by nuwu

37 minutes ago, nuwu said:

Symbolic complexity is meaningless on its own. Researching type indicators contributes to self-reflection on mental frameworks. From my understanding, cognitive functions are focal points of thought processes in dichotomic networks of minds, with extraversion equivalent to maximalism | divergence | grasp of everything, and introversion to minimalism | convergence | grasp of nothing, intertwining creation and destruction (or upside-down depending on perspective; destruction is a very creative process). The MBTI map is effective despite inherently imperfect, distinctions between cognitive functions are malleable, blurry | overlapping, oblivious to edge case, and probably formed over arbitrary clusters of thoughts. There are also theories surrounding the dimensionality of functions. Nonetheless, despite reductionism, some equilibrium are more stable than others. 16personalities.com is misleading and shouldn’t be recommended, try advanced-personality.com

1) In NiTe archetypes, semantic networks are lossy communication tools. Intuitive convergence is prior to constructive understanding. Authors might have difficulties expressing comprehensive leaps since these are not grounded in structures. Ti is subconscious but still manifest.
2) In TiNe, constructivism is favored. I am not an active Ti user so I don't know. Ni is subconscious, possibly stronger than dominant function, but not directly manifested.
3) Other archetypes like TiNi, NiTi, and NiFi exist. I have a strong Fi as far as I've observed, such that I get easily lost in NiFi emo loops, and support systems of values detached from extraverted ideals.
4) Cognition in narcissism is difficult to identify. They may wear infinite masks and may adjust to whichever appearances fit a narrative, manipulative intent, or excessive desire for attention | recognition.

Personally, I have important social anxiety, and I think everything I do is trash, especially when directly confronted on specifics outside notes and iterative refinements. I am mainly spinning Leo's ideas. I can't tolerate psychedelic body loads, and I have too much brain fog for meditation. Due to health issues, I can barely do anything other than playing games and funposting. I also use `|` and `&` because I struggle to format layered unions and intersections. These are not abbreviations, and they have the highest operator precedences.

Ok, will try solving this puzzle when I find time, enjoy the ride!

5 hours ago, HMD said:

As we all know, Leo’s style of teaching is relatively direct and aggressive. He doesn’t beat around the bush and won’t hesitate to hurt your feelings. 

When it comes to Spirituality, where many Western influencers are trying to be as loving and caring as possible in trying to explaining reality, being too direct and aggressive is an alternative way to create a forced or drastic change in our belief systems and worldviews. It has its own positives and negatives, and attracts lots of hatred in the process, and may even spoil the lives of a few, but it is the duty of the teacher to make sure that the positives outweigh the negatives and love outweighs the hatred, and perform those love  calculations with as less bias and selfishness as possible.

This community often has insane standards for Leo.

His ego development video provided an interesting insight; people who teach complex and profound models of development are themselves heartbroken that they can’t embody their own vision completely. 

Leo ain’t perfect, he makes some cool videos though.

He's not particularly aggressive. The aggression that you often see in him is your own that you recognize in a mirror. You are definitely an aggressive person in denial.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

A high quality teacher is very flexible with how they approach their guidance. Some situations call for a warm embrace, others call for getting a slap on the ego’s shoulder. Above all, the teacher and student and the student and the teacher and the student and the teacher learn from each other and transcend the teachings themselves.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

this is just words, you need thicker skin

there is brutal and there is brutal

leo is a hurricane of love

the fact he can tear you to shreds only adds to his legend

look how he catapulted your consciousness into the stratosphere

I find his 'aggressive' and masculine style of teaching effective for certain themes. I balance it with other neutral/feminine spiritual teachers which bring me a wider perspective.

I don't know why he has that teaching style, but I have no problem with the way he embodies it in his videos, I've learned a lot and I'm cool with that. 

However, I don't like how he communicates in the forum, many times it's not in place and comes too aggressive and lack in emotional intelligence.

I feel attacked when he's commenting on my comments, I feel as if I'm his biggest enemy or something which  makes me want to not to listen to his videos for a while because it's difficult to take the teachings seriously after seeing how the person actually communicates. 

If he dealt with people pleasing and turned out to be aggressive, I don't think that he really solved the problem, he just swinged the pendulum to the other extreme.

Let Love In

13 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

How do you want him to approach your comments? 

I want him to respond to the matter and only to the matter.

Without emotional and agressive comments which feel to me personal, even if they are not, even if he extermly disagrees with me and thinks that I'm the stupidest or the most not awaken human alive. I want him to remember that there is someone breathing and feeling behind the screen, I'm not only a username and avatar, nor anyone here.

This is what I want not only from Leo but from every member on this forum. And I put myself to the same standard of course.

Let Love In

Meow

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Meow

I like this new communication style. Much more palpable.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

2 hours ago, Lila9 said:

I want him to respond to the matter and only to the matter.

Without emotional and agressive comments which feel to me personal, even if they are not, even if he extermly disagrees with me and thinks that I'm the stupidest or the most not awaken human alive. I want him to remember that there is someone breathing and feeling behind the screen, I'm not only a username and avatar, nor anyone here.

This is what I want not only from Leo but from every member on this forum. And I put myself to the same standard of course.

So you want him to people please you.

😀