StarStruck

Should you judge people on appearance?

130 posts in this topic

For example if somebody is fat, it means this person has no self control or low consciousness in my eyes. The outer is only a reflection of the inner. So if you see somebody is unhealthy you can be safe to make judgements on their character. 

The whole problem with fat people is that they try to loose fat (the outer ) without trying to make any fixes on the inner (their personality) and thus they are stuck in this rut for a long time. Perhaps their whole life. 

This thread is not to pick on fat people. This counts for many problematic traits like addiction and other character flaws. Everybody has them. 

Edited by StarStruck

Yes. Just don’t tell them the obvious in their face. 

It will save you time when dealing with people. The truth is in front of you.

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

18 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

For example if somebody is fat, it means this person has no self control or low consciousness in my eyes.

What if they're fat but also a straight A student?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

What if they are extremely hard working but also suffer and use food as a pain killer? 

What if they don’t care they are fat? What if they just don’t understand nutrition?

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Maybe everything about the person is appearance. Doesn't "person" mean mask in latin? Something to think about.

About your concerns, you don't need to judge others nor yourself. If you do, be clear that judgments are usually superficial, quick, simplistic assessments based on impressions. Some might be accurate, depends on intuition, but are still rather shallow opinionizing.

For example, I might be addicted to the internet, and from that you jump to conclusions about my life, etc.

Edited by UnbornTao

@Carl-Richard @Thought Art @UnbornTao

Evidence doesn’t mean proof. In psychology things aren’t that black and white. I count outer appearance as evidence and not as solid proof. If you guys think outer is not a reflection of the inner I don’t know what to tell you guys. We are on a spirituality forum ffs. 

Edited by StarStruck

Maybe this bothers you because you're afraid of gaining weight or something?
In fact it can only be that, you project onto the outside what you deny, again and again this good mirror effect lol.
I don't mind gaining weight (anymore) and I no longer have any food restrictions, and you know what? I never notice anything about fat people.

On the other hand, I see taciturn people, who hide their intentions/thoughts almost everywhere.
Hmm, I wonder why...

🤫:ph34r:

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

For example if somebody is fat, it means this person has no self control or low consciousness in my eyes. The outer is only a reflection of the inner. So if you see somebody is unhealthy you can be safe to make judgements on their character. 

The whole problem with fat people is that they try to loose fat (the outer ) without trying to make any fixes on the inner (their personality) and thus they are stuck in this rut for a long time. Perhaps their whole life. 

This thread is not to pick on fat people. This counts for many problematic traits like addiction and other character flaws. Everybody has them. 

This is way too simplistic. There are beautiful minds out there, who have suffered through trauma and eating is their coping mechanism. Others have physiological disorders which makes it way easier for them too gain fat. Also a person can be highly developed in other areas but has less agency in one domain like eating. There is also the phenomenon of women who got raped and then get obese to protect themselves.

6 hours ago, StarStruck said:

@Carl-Richard @Thought Art @UnbornTao

Evidence doesn’t mean proof. In psychology things aren’t that black and white. I count outer appearance as evidence and not as solid proof. If you guys think outer is not a reflection of the inner I don’t know what to tell you guys. We are on a spirituality forum ffs. 

Or just say "it might mean" instead of "it means". There are many reasons for being fat. One possibility could be that they're just not concerned about health and have unhealthy habits. I'm someone who is concerned about health and have healthy habits, but I don't have to exert much self-control to maintain my habits. They're habits — they're generally the default response. Of course, a donut is at some level inherently tempting, and even I might sometimes feel an impulse to eat one if I see one, but people underestimate how much your impulses are dictated by habits. In the last few years, I haven't eaten anything sweet despite seeing it front of me so many times (except when I was essentially forced by my grandmother 😂), so I haven't reinforced that type of stimulus-response. For me, the stimulus-response of seeing something sweet and eating it is just not there to the same extent. On the other hand, what requires a lot of self-control is to break your habits and establish new ones, but once they're established, sticking to them becomes easy.

Edited by Carl-Richard

@StarStruck Sure, but the conclusions you draw are assumptions. As to the reasons why someone may be fat.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Outside reflects inside, down to the last proportion (based on how you perceive the world).

Modern science will take a while to recognize this.

35 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Or just say "it might mean" instead of "it means". There are many reasons for being fat. One possibility could be that they're just not concerned about health and have unhealthy habits. I'm someone who is concerned about health and have healthy habits, but I don't have to exert much self-control to maintain my habits. They're habits — they're generally the default response. Of course, a donut is at some level inherently tempting, and even I might sometimes feel an impulse to eat one if I see one, but people underestimate how much your impulses are dictated by your habits. I haven't eaten anything sweet despite seeing it front of me so many times, so I haven't reinforced that type of stimulus-response. For me, the stimulus-response of seeing something sweet and eating it is just not there to the same extent. What requires a lot of self-control is to break your habits and establish new ones, but once they're established, sticking to them becomes easy.

This is good enough, but reality and evolution are so multifaceted it's insane.

Consider the possibility of being physically skinny with good impulse control but being "mentally fat".

11 minutes ago, MysticalSnow said:

Outside reflects inside, down to the last proportion (based on how you perceive the world).

Modern science will take a while to recognize this.

I’m flabbergasted by the comments. 

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Going by each sentence:  It's not about self-control but about Awareness. The outer, being only a reflection of the inner, in this case, can be misleading as in someone can be very unhealthy and be slim and depending on what one considers to be fat someone fat can be healthy because of bone structure and genetics. An unhealthy person need not have a bad character and vice versa. It's their identity that needs to be changed first then the personality will follow. No fixing needed only transformation and change.

What is being survived is an identity. If one identifies as a fat person, or an unhealthy eater, it will be harder to change that because it would mean the death of that identity. Sometimes, the reason people find it hard to lose weight is because they look at it as "losing weight". The egoic mind doesn't like to identify with losing anything because it will only try to look for it again, thinking it lost something and that starts the cycle of losing and gaining, losing and gaining. 

But to give some credit to what you're trying to say, I find that really, really unhealthy eaters like no greens, very little fruits and veggies, not much water and tons of soda and always reaching for that burger and fries and pizza and ice-cream like that's their dominant way of eating, no exercise and just everything unhealthy tend to have a very very distorted mind and will make your life a living hell if dealt with them on a personal level....all because of their unhealthy diet and lifestyle alone. Fat or not. So I tend to be very wary of those people on a mental level and tread with caution. But that usually is fully developed at a later age after years and years of abuse. Younger folks, usually will not exhibit those traits as of yet on a visible scale even though it starts from then. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

1 hour ago, MysticalSnow said:

Consider the possibility of being physically skinny with good impulse control but being "mentally fat".

What does that mean?

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

What does that mean?

It means your mind is filled with garbage and junk. Mentally fat, that is.

Edited by Princess Arabia

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I’m flabbergasted by the comments. 

You shouldn't be. You were inaccurate in your language, people responded, and then you clarified your statement. It's quite understandable.

Edited by Carl-Richard

5 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

It means your mind is filled with garbage and junk. Mentally fat, that is.

But then, if the outside is truly a reflection of the inside, what does that look like on the outside? 🤔

7 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

But then, if the outside is truly a reflection of the inside, what does that look like on the outside? 🤔

Toxic actions and behaviors.

Edited by Princess Arabia

It's wisest to judge people by the appearance of their genitals.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.