StarStruck

Should you judge people on appearance?

130 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's wisest to judge people by the appearance of their genitals.

I beat you to it

Edited by UnbornTao

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

The Universe is one big cock. Interpret that as you wish.

One Love....

Generally fat people are friendly.

Fat girls are awesome and I love them.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I have the largest Yonker in the universe.

Even in the "astral" level.

With white meat.

And crystal purple fractals.

6 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

Generally fat people are friendly.

Fat girls are awesome and I love them.

Trump is a specifically evil man.

2 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

Trump is God, Trump is Love.

Lol 

You should seek to transcend the limitations of the ego and the mind in order to experience a sense of unity with the universe or ultimate reality. You can do meditation,sef inquiry and contemplating for that. To recognize the underlying oneness that is believed to exist beyond the realm of dualistic perception.

5 hours ago, StarStruck said:

For example if somebody is fat, it means this person has no self control or low consciousness in my eyes. The outer is only a reflection of the inner. So if you see somebody is unhealthy you can be safe to make judgements on their character. 

The whole problem with fat people is that they try to loose fat (the outer ) without trying to make any fixes on the inner (their personality) and thus they are stuck in this rut for a long time. Perhaps their whole life. 

This thread is not to pick on fat people. This counts for many problematic traits like addiction and other character flaws. Everybody has them. 

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/body-types-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph.html

I exercised 4 times a week always at least 2 cardio sessions for a year and lost half a stone, that's it. I weight train and in three months, I will get a lot of progress. There are different body types as referenced above.

Then you've got factors like age or diabetes making weightloss more difficult, I can almost guarantee you that as you age you'll find weight loss harder. Stress for example, I even watched an interview, where an expert stated physically stress can be shared, just through the body's natural expelling of it.
https://www.medikaur.com/news/2021/2/16/11-factors-that-affect-weight-loss

This is a good way to demonstrate why, no, you should not judge on appearance alone, because it's inherently open to being wrong, you are going to one day lose a lot of money if you do things like this, or make a terrible mistake someday. Just like you don't want to invest, move somewhere, or start a relationship with someone without investigation first. You need information to give context and make an informed conclusion.

Let's take a fictional girl called Emma, who was abused by husband, ate to cover her feelings. Now she's out of the abusive relationship, but is fat. When she walks down the road her ankles and knees hurt, let alone when she tries to exercise. She can't just drop weight because her body clings to it, she's 50 so her metabolism is slower, and minor injuries from even small exertion take longer to heal. She's cutting down her food gradually but has to manage her blood sugar because of diabetes, which also slows or reverses weight loss. You see her one day and think this person has a low consciousness, yet she goes on to teach at a school in a way that blows your mind, and raises the awareness of the entire town by proxy. Yes this can and does happen in smaller communities, i've seen it when a few people in a small town are holding the general level of development or awareness up, so much so the place gets mentioned as the best place to live in the UK.

Or you could take a girl I was seriously interested in, who had near 200 IQ, was a higher achiever, was in great physical shape as she competed in sports at the national level, and was spiritually willing to talk with me on concepts in such a way i was utterly fascinated. We even shared some spiritual experiences. Then she became so blinded by religion it was either me or Jesus, I kid you not.

I could do other examples unrelated to people directly. Where a lady turned me down for a part-time shelf stacking job to favor a degree student, because she'd concluded he/she would stick around more. With a degree... stacking shelves. The degree student was bright, and they looked great I am sure on paper, but then reality would have kicked in when the degree student went to find a job in what they were qualified, and had been pursuing in training for several years, to likely start paying back their mass amounts of debt. The owner though liked their appearance and didn't dig deeper.

Life is not appearance and if you make conclusions on it alone you are in for a world of hurt.

Edited by BlueOak

12 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

This is a good way to demonstrate why, no, you should not judge on appearance alone, because it's inherently open to being wrong, you are going to one day lose a lot of money if you do things like this, or make a terrible mistake someday. Just like you don't want to invest, move somewhere, or start a relationship with someone without investigation first. You need information to give context and make an informed conclusion.

Yeah the context is important. Also empathy? 

You should seek to transcend the limitations of the ego and the mind in order to experience a sense of unity with the universe or ultimate reality. You can do meditation,sef inquiry and contemplating for that. To recognize the underlying oneness that is believed to exist beyond the realm of dualistic perception.

@Leo Gura Don't misgender me you pig.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

7 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Yeah the context is important. Also empathy? 

True, thanks for reminding me to get out of my head :).

Empathy helps you be more accepting of others, which generally causes you fewer problems when interacting with the world.

Idk, I could look at a fat person and think "wow, so lazy and doesn't respect their body".

Maybe they have deep suicidal depression and binge eating is their current coping mechanism... idk 

I just think, yes. If I see a smelly man with a large beard who smells like poop, feet and mouthwash sleeping on a park bench I'd assume he is homeless, and an addict.

But, often times our assumptions about others are wrong.

That man on the park bench could be an eccentric CEO. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

I think when I see a fat person, the only thing my mind reliably goes to is "this person probably doesn't eat too little food" xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard Bro, I eat like everyone else it's my metabolism. 

◭"89"

6 hours ago, StarStruck said:

For example if somebody is fat, it means this person has no self control or low consciousness in my eyes. The outer is only a reflection of the inner. So if you see somebody is unhealthy you can be safe to make judgements on their character. 

The whole problem with fat people is that they try to loose fat (the outer ) without trying to make any fixes on the inner (their personality) and thus they are stuck in this rut for a long time. Perhaps their whole life. 

This thread is not to pick on fat people. This counts for many problematic traits like addiction and other character flaws. Everybody has them. 

You might find it interesting that the Egyptian Pharoahs were very obese. 

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

@Carl-Richard Bro, I eat like everyone else it's my metabolism. 

*sips coke*

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard haha, I don’t drink that nasty stuff.

Pepsi all the way. My momma always told me. If you drink Diet Pepsi it cancels out all the sugar from ur chocolate bars.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

39 minutes ago, Parallax Mind said:

You might find it interesting that the Egyptian Pharoahs were very obese. 

True, fatness is culturally relative in how it is perceived. There are some cultures where being fat is so ideal women at a young age are forced fed milk to fatten them up so they are sexually appealing. There is a different tribe elsewhere that the men will leave for months at a time and eat loads of fat so they can get themselves a wife. 

In ancient times fatness was a sign of wealth and education.

◭"89"

You know who I hate?

Those Buddhist beggars. All bald and annoying.

:P 

plot twist i'm one

@UnbornTao are you a Buddhist beggar? 

I am not Buddhist but I like the teachings for what they are. The maps especially. Also Buddhist Qigong is cool, though maybe not as full at Toaist Qigong - thinking out loud

◭"89"