blankisomeone

Is there a way to stop being paranoid during mushrooms trip?

22 posts in this topic

I actually think I kinda got some PTSD from a trippy trip. I keep getting some flashbacks to it🥺

I get paranoid during the trips. Is there a way to stop experiencing that?

It was a low dose.

Edited by blankisomeone

@blankisomeone what Kind of paranoid? 

On lsd if I get paranoid I see myself getting paranoid. It's observation of being paranoid, so I cannot loose myself Into because I watch it from the distance. I find myself even funny to think that way

1 hour ago, OBEler said:

@blankisomeone what Kind of paranoid? 

On lsd if I get paranoid I see myself getting paranoid. It's observation of being paranoid, so I cannot loose myself Into because I watch it from the distance. I find myself even funny to think that way

Like thinking that I’m going to hell or wake up in a psych ward or that everyone is going to know about the things I like to keep secret about myself or thoughts of death or thinking that others are lying to me or out to get me

Edited by blankisomeone

You gotta conquer the fear. Do it step by step, don't traumatize yourself.

Express the fear. Tell the truth of it to yourself out loud. What are You afraid of? FEEL into it! Recall the images in your mind and process the associated emotions. And with time these feelings will fade away. That's how it always works.

Edited by Sincerity

I'm sorry to hear that. However, I can relate to that. I mostly get paranoid, at the beginning, during comeup with axieties in a extreme way. But it's not always been the case. If you want to enjoy it, you'd have to conquer it by one way or another.

The good thing is, there are many ways to tackle this situation and the more things you improve the better it will be in general.

Fear or the intensity of a feeling often derives proportional from a general high stress level, even the things you call exciting, so I'd start learning some tecniques to feel relax and good for longterm and be more chill.

Another aspect is to be mindful and understand that your normal mind is constructed to protect you and keep control ..  that has to be surrendered during a trip to be able to fully enjoy your true nature.

Another thing that might influence this is resistence to your feelings and running away from it so it might help to realise this and express clearly what you're afraid of and thereby face it.

It might be of help to have an experienced trip sitter around you to talk with so he can calm you. If not, there is a page called tripsit.me which is there for such cases and you can enter their discord via browser without registrating. Just don't give out your adress and personal data and inform/check it out yourself first sober. But you have to deside that for yourself because if you act stupid or immature and post there incriminating things if done or personal info you might get trouble some day. 

It would be worthwhile, to try another chemical like 4ho-met, 4ho-mipt. Shrooms tend to twist the mind and show you your problems in your face which is not good if you tend to have anxiety.

This is just an addition to the great things the others have already posted and should be taken into account.

Good luck in your journey :)

Edited by Starlight321

On 29/11/2023 at 10:14 PM, blankisomeone said:

Like thinking that I’m going to hell or wake up in a psych ward or that everyone is going to know about the things I like to keep secret about myself or thoughts of death or thinking that others are lying to me or out to get me

That is the insecurity that exists in you, the fear. In me it manifested itself in another way, in horrible thoughts of torture and sickness, like being human is horror. You have to look that fear in the face, again and again, until it clicks and you overcome it.

@blankisomeone Yes, willing to die and surrender to death if comes. That ends all paranoia instantly, you have resolved the core

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

On 1.12.2023 at 0:18 AM, Breakingthewall said:

That is the insecurity that exists in you, the fear. In me it manifested itself in another way, in horrible thoughts of torture and sickness, like being human is horror. You have to look that fear in the face, again and again, until it clicks and you overcome it.

Isn‘t there a danger to break your brain and become schizophrenic?

33 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Isn‘t there a danger to break your brain and become schizophrenic?

It is possible, but as far as I know, schizophrenia or bipolar disorder only occur in cases where there is a predisposition. I would say that cannabis is more triggering than other harder psychedelics.

There are cases of people who have taken very high doses of LSD and other psychedelics and have had nightmarish trips, but they have almost never caused mental illness. Post-traumatic stress, fear, insomnia, yes, but usually nothing irreversible

9 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

It is possible, but as far as I know, schizophrenia or bipolar disorder only occur in cases where there is a predisposition. I would say that cannabis is more triggering than other harder psychedelics.

There are cases of people who have taken very high doses of LSD and other psychedelics and have had nightmarish trips, but they have almost never caused mental illness. Post-traumatic stress, fear, insomnia, yes, but usually nothing irreversible

Well last time a friend took shrooms (4gs). Not me but somebody entirely entirely different. He had the „god“ experience and some other good stuff and this and that but at some point got really paranoid about police and that bad guys want to break into his home and hurt him or his mother etc etc also some more silly psychotic/paranoid stuff and the fear and kind of paranoia stayed for almost a week after the trip. Which had never happened before. He usually got paranoid during the trips but after the trips the paranoia was gone. Anywho he hasn’t munched shrooms since that happened like a year ago. Also it would be hard to know about predisposition. He wondered if this was fear stored in the body that want to get out or if it was a danger to totally mess the brain up and become a schizophrenic 

So far I don’t know. 

Is it the strain? Set? Setting?

Some trips are warm right away. Some are tough in the beginning but open us beautifully at the end. Some trips are scary, depressing, very very challenging. 

Not sure…

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I took 5gs of shroom at the weekend. I didn’t experience paranoia. I’m usually an lsd man in pretty high doses now. But the shrooms were my option this time round so I took the plunge. I much prefer the lsd experience how it affects myself personally. Lsd feels a much smoother experience to me. The shroom experience although interesting just seemed a bit more rough around the edges if you get me, a bit more twisted up I couldn’t quite gain that clear enough mind to dissect the revelations I was having they seemed more confusing. Although because of previous experiences with lsd I knew pretty much what they were, they just weren’t as clear. I realised nothing particularly new. It all seemed like the same but more cloudy like, it’s difficult to explain. The only thing of concern to me was that at one point I lay there for what was maybe half an hour, could have been an hour where I felt I was turning into my mother from the inside, at a cellular level, my eyes were streaming pouring down my face, as it felt like I was bursting from the inside, like I could feel myself creating myself. A strange phenomenon. Which doesn’t concern me now, but in the moment I was wondering just what the fuck is going on here. It was emotionally painful I’m yet to fully interpret that part of the trip. I felt like the mother of creation, maybe that’s why it was my own mother within that experience, just something my mind/consciousness was creating that I could relate to, seems she created me. Then again maybe it’s because as consciousness I am both myself and my mother and it was a hint that I created myself. Who knows. I’ll be leaning much more to the lsd in future though as like I say, it’s a clearer experience for me.

Also I took them on Saturday, and after a resting Sunday sort of relaxing recovery day, back to business today as usual, in work no paranoia of any sort. Just crack on, and think about things from the trip throughout the day just trying to interpret better for a better understanding. Different people will respond differently though. For me I’ve had many mindfucks now so it’s just a case of well yea crack on as per

Edited by Dazgwny

Setting is very important in order to prevent bad trips.

If you are already in a bad trip here is what you do.

You accept everything.

Going insane? Accepted

Dying? Accepted

Revealing all my secrets to others? Accepted

Everyone out there to get you? Accepted

31 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

Surrender the attachment to fear.

How sway?

I’ve had a lot of paranoid and immensely scary thoughts. All I can say is that I don’t regret any of it, and it was totally necessary for my personal and spiritual growth.

If you need help processing a past or current trip, I highly recommend Fireside Project. They can help guide you before, during, or after a trip.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

11 hours ago, universe said:

Setting is very important in order to prevent bad trips.

If you are already in a bad trip here is what you do.

You accept everything.

Going insane? Accepted

Dying? Accepted

Revealing all my secrets to others? Accepted

Everyone out there to get you? Accepted

Accepting that I don’t accept this experience? Accepted

Accepting that I don’t know how to accept this? Accepted

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 5.12.2023 at 2:19 PM, PurpleTree said:

How sway?

Deep meditation practice... Every thought form can be de-identified from. This includes fear.@blankisomeone

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

Has anybody tried psychedelic (for example mushrooms) + benzo?

is it still possible to have awakenings?