CARDOZZO

Spirituality As A Distraction Mechanism

35 posts in this topic

Remember...the only distraction...is demonization and the belief that something is somehow better and worse. The only true way to look at it is skillful and lack of skill otherwise you will just fall into deceptions. But hey...I'm just some guy...what do I know?

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Just now, Razard86 said:

Remember...the only distraction...is demonization and the belief that something is somehow better and worse. The only true way to look at it is skillful and lack of skill otherwise you will just fall into deceptions. But hey...I'm just some guy...what do I know?

Great POV.

I just don't get how people can live like that in real life.

Spirituality is anti-cultural, anti-life, anti-business.

Spirituality should be prohibited to young people.

1 hour ago, CARDOZZO said:

Spirituality is anti-cultural, anti-life, anti-business.

Spirituality should be prohibited to young people.

Meditation, yoga, mindfulness, being compassionate, grateful etc. are also parts of Spirituality. Such things can greatly affect the happiness and peacefulness of human beings. Enquiring about reality is just a part of it, which is most suited for the curious ones. For those already suffering and nothing else seems to help them out they are unable to take any positive actions, they turn towards Spirituality to find answers to why they are suffering. For such people, Spirituality helps them in a great way.

@CARDOZZO Spirituality is a deep connection with reality.

How is that anti-life? How is it anti-business? In fact, spirituality can help you do life and business in a healthier and holistic way IF you have common sense. 

Yes, spirituality ruins the illusion of life, but that does not = anti-life. In fact, it increases the appreciation for life. 

Edited by HMD

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

It can easily be a distraction, just as it have been for me in my teens. Spiritual bypassing is a pretty common thing, still in the process of climbing out of it and making sense of the world after the experience (may or may not have been what is commonly referred to as satori) I had.

I have always been under the impression that it is ideal to balance things out. It's better to focus on the relative domain (healing your traumas, climbing up the spiral step by step, building genuine connections with oneself and others, burning through karma etc.) with just a touch of spirituality. The desire to seek transcendence may come sooner or later, or not at all and that is also alright. 

The forum can be good if you don't get lost in the black whole of mental masturbations. 

yea spirituality is distraction for those who want to be workaholic or worldaholic

spirituality is simply balancing outer with inner, not a bad thing

problem with spirituality is it is very individualized and subjective and thus difficult to discuss

therefore when you come here you waste your time with stuff that is nothing about your path

thing to realize is the following, when you talk to me you talk for you

it is only what you contribute in life that brings development

so yea reading page after page here is futile and a huge distraction

bring something to the table

Thanks for your pov's on that matter.

I'll keep talking about basic self-help here but i'm done talking about spirituality with humans.

Edited by CARDOZZO

2 hours ago, CARDOZZO said:

Thanks for your pov's on that matter.

I'll keep talking about basic self-help here but i'm done talking about spirituality with humans.

No you're not. You're just fooling yourself. You'll see, you don't have to deny it here with me; you'll see for yourself. Just promise to come back and tell me when you do. If not on here, it will be in your personal life somehow.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

If spirituality is a distraction mechanism, perhaps people are not taking spirituality seriously enough (less talking, more action)

Nobody ever got enlightened by unconsciously parroting spiritual ideas and concepts they never had direct experience of

No need to talk about it if you don't want to. If you're asked, you might talk about it. Just keep in mind what your speech is about and what it is accomplishing -- usually entertainment. Nothing wrong with that.

Certainly if you encounter a facilitator, it'd helpful to ask her questions and engage in dialogue. Dialogues and shared contemplations can also be had as in dyads, so these are other possibilities that can empower your own work, not just entertain you.

You can also read profound books as a "conversation" between the author and you. Read Rumi's poetry and Ramana's words as a shared dialogue, for example. This disposition might help you in truly listening and grasping the material.

Also clarify what's meant by spirituality:

You could plainly call it being honest, pushing yourself into your experience. If anything, that's a pro-truth, pro-life endeavour. Contemplation is an art that can be applied to any matter. Look into what business, body, emotions, sports, sex, learning, etc., all are. This can be considered "spiritual", although I myself steer away from using abstract terms as much as I can.

Edited by UnbornTao