Dodo

Reality is not a Dream

106 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Dodo said:

Reality is not a dream, its reality, there's a reason we have 2 different words, 2 different signposts. Saying reality is a dream is a sensationalist bs statement that is not based in reality, but in people's dreams.

yes you right, it's based in people's dreams !!

nowhere in the bio  @VahnAeris 

To say that reality is a dream, there should be a subject who dreams, and another more real reality, this being a dream within that other reality. Without those two things it makes no sense to say that reality is a dream. It is rather the limitless vastness of existence manifesting itself in forms that create an experience and in doing so the experiencer is created.  

In the form is the unlimited formless, since it is the substance of reality, but the substance is not a subject, it is everything there is, including the form, so the dream thing does not make much sense.

53 minutes ago, AerisVahnEphelia said:

for real I cannot read that.

I'll ask bot to do it :

The author's perspective, claiming to be a dream expert while making weak comparisons to reality and dreams, is more like a snooze fest than a compelling argument. Their reasoning lacks depth, and their self-assured tone doesn't make up for the lack of substance. It's more of a "dream on" moment than a convincing dissection of the subject.

roasted by gpt.

Chat GPT does not understand from exaggeration. I specifically said "Self proclaimed dream expert", if I said "dream expert" it would be pretentious as f*ck. The truth is, you can't let chat bots that cant solve simple mathematical questions think for you. They lack understanding of many things and always sound right, even when they're not. 

Silly boy! 

I said "self proclaimed dream expert" because the saying goes if you have 10k experience in something you are an expert. You are also a sleep/dream expert by that definition! 

EDIT:
Lmao you even asked an uncensored version of chatgpt or w/e bot you used, that is designed to be disgusting lmao! 

Actual chatgpt has a way better answer to my post: 

NICE TRY THO

lmao.PNG

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

Chatgpt is you talking to you through a mode of being that is stories by stories by stories, up until it is "reality" that grounds itself. 

Edited by Vibroverse

35 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

To say that reality is a dream, there should be a subject who dreams, and another more real reality, this being a dream within that other reality. Without those two things it makes no sense to say that reality is a dream. It is rather the limitless vastness of existence manifesting itself in forms that create an experience and in doing so the experiencer is created.  

In the form is the unlimited formless, since it is the substance of reality, but the substance is not a subject, it is everything there is, including the form, so the dream thing does not make much sense.

Refreshing post, seems spot on to me 🔨

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

I once had a dream where I basically lived an entire life very fast. I had a girl with whom I was deeply in love.. a job I was very happy with..all in all a fairy tale..then comes morning and I wake up..realizing that it was all a dream. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

10 hours ago, SamC said:

Because you would brake the dream by doing so. Besides that - there are people who have stopped imagining themselves and done things that would seem impossible..

Interesting. Can you point out some people who did that? I can find claims of many such people, but I am never able to find some solid evidence like a videograph. Even if they did imagine and had some proof of that, they are never able to break much of the rules that the universe seem to have, including some spiritual rules.

I've heard Sadhuru mention that some Yogis when they attain Mahasamdi completely dissolves their bodies aswell, only leaving a puddle of water on the ground. He has also mentioned that some yogis can make trees grow just by sitting down and imagining them growing.

I don't know any specific person though... except maybe Sadhguru but he is very EXTRAordinary in many ways so I don't know if he satifies you as an example. @An young being

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

9 minutes ago, SamC said:

I don't know any specific person though... except maybe Sadhguru but he is very EXTRAordinary in many ways so I don't know if he satifies you as an example. 

He maybe extraordinary but he has never crossed the rules as far as I know.

Take this for whatever it's worth. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

@Dodo You got caught into a very basic misunderstanding of this teaching.

When it is said that Life is a dream, it means that, like in a dream, the content of reality doesn't have inherent material existence and it's a groundless fabrication/creation/production/hallucitantion.

So it is a statement on the Nature of reality not on the content. 
So we still have perfectly fixed rules with this this reality/dream is organized. The rules aswell are fabricated/created/produced/imagined etc.

Leo has certainly touched upon this topic, watch some of his content.

33 minutes ago, _Archangel_ said:

When it is said that Life is a dream, it means that, like in a dream, the content of reality doesn't have inherent material existence and it's a groundless fabrication/creation/production/hallucitantion.

So we still have perfectly fixed rules with this this reality/dream is organized. The rules aswell are fabricated/created/produced/imagined etc.

Ah naah nah nah! 

Like a dream or similar to dream is not the same as dream. 

Its funny you think I havent watched his content. 

Using dream as a metaphor to point to something that is not a dream is completely differnt to saying reality is a dream, its obvious.

I have "touched on this" in this thread. I am not a materialist. Reality is spiritual from my worldview. Dont take me for Leos main audience - the deeply materialistic american. He is talking to a different audience there. 

I do not disagree with the things you say. But if you go through the thread, you will see people defending with their life and sometimes with the life of loved ones, that it is literally a dream.

Lets hold our horses and count our chickens before we start accusing misunderstanding.

My post is to say reality is not a dream, the rest is your interpretation of my own worldview and experiences. Basicslly, you are arguing with your idea of me in your post. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

A truck and a lambo are both vehicles. My post is saying a truck is not a lambo. Others are telling me becayse they saw both have wheels and steering, that they are the same thing. Completely different. One is practical and useful, real (in that other sense of the word), sometimes looks shit and its slow,  the other is a fantasy, amazing dream (in that other sense of the word), beauty, everything you couldve imagined, but impractical and sometimes way too fast and furious, but ultimately impossible(well in reality its possible, but thats the metaphor limitations).

Seemed fun to me to go more in depth with this analogy. Never used it before.

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

52 minutes ago, _Archangel_ said:

If you respond to anything I said, let it be this. 

If asked, is reality a dream, you can say it may or may not be a dream, but dream is a great metaphor. If we dont actually know if its a dream or not, then later by saying reality is a dream flat out just covers your Unknowing with a false label. Maybe you dont say Reality is a dream, but others in this thread certainly do. Masking their not knowing,  because the ego is most afraid of THAT. Not knowing. Even more afraid of publicly admitting it, so we'll go on a huge ego trip to show others we "fucking know 100 percent "

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

@DodoI assumed all those things about you because to justify your statement you uselessly brought up the usual talking points of materialists.
It seemed as if you were criticising the mechanic the metaphor is pointing to, which is fitting.

To explain your point you could have just said  "the statement is not meant to be taken literally, but it points to the mechanic of the dream"

So next time get straight to the point ;)

@Dodo I with you on that, Being can't be spoken. Since we're on a forum though, that is the only  thing we can do here i write about, fortunately or unfortunately.

On 1-11-2023 at 5:49 PM, Razard86 said:

HAHAHAHH I love the fact that after you wake up you still populate people who try to debunk the dream. It is freaking hilarious!!!! DUDEE!!!! I don't care what you have smoked!!! What you don't understand...is if you don't want to awaken...YOU WON'T. So you can argue all day long. I know for fact you are full of shit because....when you awaken you realize you can only awaken if you really want too. And I mean REALLY WANT TOO.

The biggest barrier to awakening are the following things. Fear of Death, Fear of Insanity, Fear of everyone you love being imaginary. Until you are willing to accept THESE THREE THINGS. YOU WILL NEVER AWAKEN!!! So until you face these fears...YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!!! You are just pretending you know what's going on and are too selfish to actually risk anything to find the truth.

The part I loved the most is when you accused people of just parroting what they heard....if you haven't fully awakened...that actually describes YOU. The jokes on you. You are GOD DELUDING YOURSELF!!!! God made discovering itself a test of HONESTY!!!! The most dishonest people are the people who are asleep. Your TRUTH is CONDITIONAL. YOU CAN BE BOUGHT!!! At the slightest possible danger you will RUN AND HIDE!!!! Because you are not willing to give anything up.

That's why awakening is the MOMENT OF TRUTH! And it reveals the TRUTH OF WHO YOU ARE. What kind of character you have raised...is this character a true seeker of truth? Or are they too self-absorbed. It's that simple. No judgment....but all it means is you care about your human self than you do about all of existence. If aliens created a bomb to wipe out all of existence, you wouldn't die for all of existence...you'd want somebody else to do it. Again no judgment...that is just the limit of your love and honesty and integrity. You have a price. Your a business man.

The thing that you don't understand is that god wants you to be here since it is the most perfect place it can give you considering all the technicalities. You're trying to awaken people while not understanding that at the highest levels of (getting divine control) you won't be able to handle it , so you gave up that control and reality became free roaming by nature. If you are old and are suffering just take your 5 meo dmt and here is your awakening. And by the way, all the stories of people saying they did 5 meo dmt and came back are false, you wont come back from such a high state to your imaginary false self.

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.