bazera

What Would You Tell To Your 21-year-old Self?

37 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

Woah... aren't you being a little radical? If you don't go to school it could fuck up your life forever. Same with work??

I don't know... this statement was for my 21 self. Depend on your story, things aren't black & white. Strategic thinking and long term goals, you can do several things in a life time. I think it's more a matter of experience : the result doesn't matter, but it's the way to achieve it.

`Don't be so hard on yourself, dude'

"you are doing the right thing man, just ask the right people for help and be sincere with them. Then follow their advice"

The kingdom of heaven is within.

On 3/31/2017 at 2:23 PM, bazera said:

Hey,

If you were able to speak to your 21-year-old self, what would you tell him/her? 

What advice would you give him/her?

I am asking this because I turned 21 a month ago, and am a bit confused about my priorities in life. One day I am depressed because I don't use all the possibilities that I have to be more social. Another day I am happy with who I am and I don't feel like having anything or being anyone else. Some other day I feel anxious because I don't feel like my lifestyle is good enough to have the kind life I want. And sometimes I don't even know what kind of life do I want.

So, your ideas could help me see other people's perspectives too. I know I have to deal with all my confusions by myself, but your ideas might help me become more aware of the things that I do which I should not be doing.

So yeah, what would you tell your younger self? :)

I would tell her that the rational thinking mind can distort insights received from higher wisdom, so to not take them too seriously. Don't feel torn about having an identity and growing yourself. I would also tell her to seek out information that stirs her emotionally because resonation with different teachers is one way to measure internal growth and to intuitively find the right information to go deeper inward. I would also tell her not to repress her masculine side and that traditional femininity and real femininity are often very far apart. Transcendence can't be found in adhering to traditional femininity. Also, I would tell her that there is never a single experience where all issues will resolve themselves allowing her to be healthy. I would also advise her to look into information on paradoxes and how to reconcile them. Also, I would tell her that the thing she is seeking is referred to as enlightenment and to do a Google search on it. And that she is not the only person who is pursuing this path. It's well-trodden, and she's not going crazy and is not alone. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

This is my first post! I would tell my 21  year old self.............I don't know yet. I will think more on this question but i will post this non reply since I need a test post to confirm my post ability.

What would I tell my 5-years-ago-me?... The lottery numbers maybe :D

No, on a serious note:
I pretty like how things turned out so far.
Just stay away from drugs and stay off the police records. It can create some serious obstacles in life.
I would not have been able to get the LSA pilot license without a clean record!

And try #NoFap. It will give you some serious willpower boost ;) (seriously!)

And one thing I learned:
For every "bad thing" that happens, (eventually) an opportunity arises.
Example: I had a motorcycle accident. A year later I was granted all access at Nürburgring24h. The guy who bought my wrecked bike was a racing team leader. Without this accident I would not have met him.

Make sure you set yourself up for a way to make money.  I know this is not what a lot of young people want to be focused on.  But the last thing you wanna be is 40 and broke with no retirement and no real career.  I didn't go to law school like I had planned, and in a way I'm glad I didn't, but in a way I wished I did.  If you don't have some kind of professional skill, you are gonna make the rest of your life very difficult.  I didn't care about that so much then, and now I wish I cared about it more.  I was focused on working on my philosophy.  But you gotta pay the bills and the older you get the more money you need.  Don't pooh pooh this like I did at 21.  You'll live to regret it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

i'd smile, approving all that struggle to find happiness.

i've always been the most hardcore happiness seeker i've ever known. my mistakes are my richest source of wisdom.

unborn Truth

Delete your world of Warcraft account and get a move on ASAP!

That 35 isn't nearly as far away as I think it is, and that I'd better grow up and stop relying on my parents so much. Also to cool it on the drugs and alcohol. 

Hey, Bud I am 22:DBooom. Oftentimes I feel the same as you and that there's something that I gotta achieve now, something I need to change now, somebody to talk to. It's all right. In fact it's your true self telling you what to do, God has given us all a device of guidance that is rarely used by guys in our age. Steven Spielberg says this intuition is so quiet, it does not shout. So just listen to yourself and yourself only. If you feel you should do something then do it. If you wanna talk to that one special girl. Go for it. There's nothing more geniune than your self guidance device. If you think you don't have it, think again. U just gotta listen more intensely. After all I realized the only thing that matters the most in life is Self-Satisfaction and I am grateful I figured it out this young.;)

Farewell my 21. I'm sure you'll get the hang of all the hardships in no time. It's all ok to feel like this. Live ON MY FRIEND.

PEACE

Edited by ArasH

On 3/31/2017 at 8:23 PM, bazera said:

Hey,

If you were able to speak to your 21-year-old self, what would you tell him/her? 

What advice would you give him/her?

I am asking this because I turned 21 a month ago, and am a bit confused about my priorities in life. One day I am depressed because I don't use all the possibilities that I have to be more social. Another day I am happy with who I am and I don't feel like having anything or being anyone else. Some other day I feel anxious because I don't feel like my lifestyle is good enough to have the kind life I want. And sometimes I don't even know what kind of life do I want.

So, your ideas could help me see other people's perspectives too. I know I have to deal with all my confusions by myself, but your ideas might help me become more aware of the things that I do which I should not be doing.

So yeah, what would you tell your younger self? :)

Nothing. Besause he doesnt exist nore does it lead to anything. 

Instead i talk to my future self (who again doesnt exist) who is awsome. Which motivates me.

Or in other words: focus on the future instead of the past. Where do you want to be in 10 years? 9_9

I would tell her to hang in there, because life gets better and easier with age. I'd tell her that she can and she will get more self-confidence and do things she would never think she could do.

I'd tell her that she will make her dreams come true. She will heal from the worst of the abuse wounds she has and she will have a loving, beautiful relationship in which she feels safe. It's actually possible. Most of the things 21-year-old me thinks are impossible are not only possible but they are going to actually happen for her.

She is capable of love, deep commitment and intimacy. She is capable of pursuing her passions in life. She is capable of world travel, no matter now scary it seems. She can learn to draw boundaries and say no.

And most of all, I'd tell her that all her suffering is not for nothing. Her suffering is detoxing her emotional body, healing her and bringing her closer to higher awareness. She will be thankful for it later.

I wouldn't tell him that much. Just a thank you. Thanks for all the suffering. It's what made me who I am today. :)

So I'm 14 years old, so this is more of a "what would I tell my future self" type of thing. 

I would say:

Hello, I hope that you are doing everything in your power to develop yourself and rock college. Be authentic and keep actualizing!

"It is thus with farming: if you do one thing late, you will be late in all your work." -Cato

"One year from now, everything you're stressing about won't even matter."

"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” —Mark Twain.

Although, I'm not certain if telling myself will speed up the process. The lessons are learned through actions after reading it or looking at it from somewhere. Now is the best time to tell oneself, learn, and take action on it.