Wizardking

Question to ask Jordan Peterson

86 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

What makes you say that?

If you're somebody who thinks that true non-duality/enlightenment is essentially something you find through YouTube and nowhere else, and that everything JP does that involves religion and spirituality is essentially just simping for Christianity, then I think you'd be surprised.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Leo Gura If you want to know the historical Jesus, study the work of Bart ehrman

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

11 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura If you want to know the historical Jesus, study the work of Bart ehrman

I am not interested in the works of any human any more.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't buy it. Adyashanti is projecting his nondualist Buddhist view on Jesus.

Jesus could have had Alien Conscioudness for all you know. You wouldn't even know.

All right Leo your skepticism is out of control. We don't know what we don't know when it comes to Jesus. All we can take is the words and deeds he was "allegedly doing" and everything else described about him with a grain of salt. I think Jesus is just a really good symbol. The only issue I have is Jesus is used as a crutch by majority of Christians to not seek God. I really don't know how Christians pretend they have confirmed that God exists. 

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

"[...] and it transformed me; it turned me into something far more than I normally was [...]" "[...] it was as if an offer was being made to me that I could be like that from now on permanently [...]" "[...] I wouldn't belong in the world anymore [...]".

This perfectly describes regular LSD experiences to me. 

12 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

That's just your internet Advaita bias; that enlightenment must be talked about through some quasi-Hindu lens by some ex-atheist-turned-spiritual.

If he has heard a proper explanation of enlightenment I think it would be from a buddist source. 

The road to God is paved with bliss.

49 minutes ago, martins name said:

This perfectly describes regular LSD experiences to me. 

He was sober.

53 minutes ago, martins name said:

If he has heard a proper explanation of enlightenment I think it would be from a buddist source. 

which he has by the way. Go watch his podcast with Sam Harris from 2021.

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's even harder to determine what Jesus actually accomplished in his consciousness. You can't assume it was enlightenment at all. Who the fuck knows what he became conscious of? Vaguely speaking, "God", but that comes in so many kinds and degrees.

this christian mystic knows precisely what the man jesus attained in consciousness ... alas christians brand her a heretic and will never reach such levels

https://ia601903.us.archive.org/6/items/roberts.real-christ/roberts.real-christ.pdf

On 11/10/2023 at 1:43 AM, Carl-Richard said:

If you're somebody who thinks that true non-duality/enlightenment is essentially something you find through YouTube and nowhere else, and that everything JP does that involves religion and spirituality is essentially just simping for Christianity, then I think you'd be surprised.

I'm not coming from that place.

You think of enlightenment as findable, as it if were a state and an experience.

Personal beliefs and character traits are secondary when assessing a person's authenticity.

What do you expect to hear? An answer is an answer, even if clever and intricate. A change in state can be blissful, such as feeling one with the universe. Enlightenment isn't a state, though, it doesn't "transforms" or "descends" upon you.

Recontextualization bug:

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 17.25.02.png

Edited by UnbornTao

23 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

I don't think like that.

But you think exactly like the YouTube Advaita people, and you presumably started thinking like that because you listened to them, hence my point that you think that enlightenment is something you find through YouTube. "But enlightenment is not a thing to be found". Duh, but you start speaking like a certain group of people when enlightenment is brought up as a topic, and that is what I'm referring to.

Ask him if a gay person seeks help from  a therapist who is gay, do both go to hell?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

why should i read your self help book if you are depressed

5 hours ago, Hojo said:

Do you think people who haven't struggled at some point in their life pursue self-help and write books about it?

Edited by Carl-Richard

5 hours ago, Hojo said:

Basically you are implying here that you can't teach/know something if you haven't embodied it.

Thats a heruistic at best, but why would you use such a heruistic, when there are better ways to evaluate and to approach knowledge?

On 11/10/2023 at 10:06 PM, Carl-Richard said:

But you think exactly like the YouTube Advaita people, and you presumably started thinking like that because you listened to them, hence my point that you think that enlightenment is something you find through YouTube. "But enlightenment is not a thing to be found". Duh, but you start speaking like a certain group of people when enlightenment is brought up as a topic, and that is what I'm referring to.

Fair. On the other hand, using the same words doesn't mean we're talking about the same thing. I intent to be grounded on experience. You're still judging and comparing "answers" you've heard to what I said. An idea is an idea, where you hear it is secondary.

If someone comes from a genuine breakthrough, that's what relevant, not their reputation, personality, or medium. You could be a homeless man living on the streets.

Edited by UnbornTao

2 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

I'm not coming from hearsay and intent to be as honestly grounded on experience as I can at the present moment.

You continue to make my point for me.

2 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

I don't think what you call enlightenment experience is what the guy had.

Well, then let me talk from personal experience a bit: every time I've ran into the Absolute, it feels like I'm presented with a choice that I can become like that forever, but with some sadness, I decline the offer (because it's just too much for my little ego to bear); in other words, exactly what JP said. That's what I call an enlightenment experience, and that is what I think JP experienced.

Sure, it might be the case that JP happened to label his experience in exactly the same way as I did mine purely by accident, but there I'll revert to what I said earlier: I think it's more likely than not that he had an enlightenment experience, based on what he said (and the other things I know about him).

Edited by Carl-Richard

On 08/10/2023 at 4:04 PM, Leo Gura said:

If he had to vote for Biden vs Trump, who would he vote for?

"what do you mean by 'if'? what do you mean by 'had'? what do you mean by 'vote'?"

All these conversations are creating hype for who you fondly call JP, a name I had never heard before. I am definitely checking him out!

37 minutes ago, An young being said:

All these conversations are creating hype for who you fondly call JP, a name I had never heard before. I am definitely checking him out!

Wh- are you living under a rock? ?