Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Lila9 said:

I don't subscribe to the "they do that because they are oppressed" theory. Many oppressed groups don't exhibit similar behavior, suggesting a toxic ideological factor at play in their actions that isn't Israel's fault.

Truly oppressed people will not have free reign to build rockets and launchers, do not have free reign to build terror tunnels, it's all BS propaganda.

Uyghurs is more fitting with the description of oppressed, because they are hauled up into concentration camps, then again it is their own self created reality of terrorizing Xinjiang for years.

Rohingya is more fitting with the description of oppressed, but according to government officials, X users testimonies, and my own Myanmar factory worker, they cause terrorism and crime as well.

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Merkabah Star

Those two are so unbelievably cringe, how are they so blind that their side is not only doing genocide, but are destroying so many buildings that Gazans will be homeless and will increase immigration to other countries? Jeez

When they do their military service the indoctrination is big. 

I would refuse to do military service if I lived there. 

12 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

Here is a solution for you: Go back to 1947 borders and give them 50% of the land.

1947 borders won't work because the Jews want Judea and Samaria, their ancient land.

Plus, Israelis need to cut Jordan off from the Westbanker Pales, otherwise Jihadis would cross over the Jordan river, bringing with them weaponry and munitions.

I am thinking a land transfer to Eilat, south of Israel, but then again people would all be hesitant to move.

2 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

Israelis have little collective trauma inflicted by Palestinians.

Little ? And how would you know that ? Blowing up buses, stabbings, ramming vehicles into people, shootings are all little ? Cross country killing, killing athletes in Spain, in the Olympics is little ? 

On 10/7/2023 at 0:34 PM, PurpleTree said:

Islam does too it seems

because in other places people didn‘t commit terror attacks like tibet etc

not saying one is better than the other, tibet is mostly gone

Buddhism follows the doctrine of adhimsa (, i.e. do no harm).   Islam recognizes the right of Jihad to fight injustice.   They are different beliefs.  I hold it as an open question as to which is right, or whether they are both right.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

1 hour ago, jaylimix said:

I have watched them. For me it's important. I am weak and shaking but I can handle it. It's a reality that must be faced and integrated. The tied-up raped and burnt bodies hit the hardest knowing they were shimmering and beautiful young women. The cutting out of the fetus from the stomach while the woman is consciously watching, is so gruesome my brain cannot register it as real. There is also a collection of 50 minutes of video of Hamas atrocities that is too traumatizing to publicly publish and is only shown to journalists and officials in private screenings. All of this savagery is committed by people/human animals who are considered heroes in Palestinian culture. "An integral part of the resistance" one would proudly boast. 

Palestinians have first and foremost dehumanized themselves. I don't hate them it's just that I have zero respect for their culture. All of my more moderate and peaceful views come from wisdom and cold principles but I have no real compassion for Palestinians. Only for those I love do I have extreme and even painful compassion. I love my family and my (ex) girls. I have respect for nearly all peoples of this world, also compassion to a degree. My deepest love and compassion is for Israelis, I also have a felt love for Russians. Feeling compassion hurts like a bitch. 

Edited by Vrubel

4 hours ago, jaylimix said:

Little ? And how would you know that ? Blowing up buses, stabbings, ramming vehicles into people, shootings are all little ? Cross country killing, killing athletes in Spain, in the Olympics is little ? 

A decades long trauma.

Now the patience is over and the pressure cooker overflowed.

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

5 hours ago, jaylimix said:

Truly oppressed people will not have free reign to build rockets and launchers, do not have free reign to build terror tunnels, it's all BS propaganda.

A very good point in my opinion.

It is estimated by ~500km(!) of an underground terror tunnels built state. 

Very oppressed 🙂

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

The Psychology of Israeli Propaganda

5 hours ago, Vrubel said:

The cutting out of the fetus from the stomach while the woman is consciously watching, is so gruesome my brain cannot register it as real.

We are seekers of truth, therefore it should be pointed out that that video is not verified to be of Oct 7, and could be of Latin drug cartels.

But a first responder did testify that he turned a pregnant woman over with stomach cut open and the fetus stabbed.

Edited by jaylimix

30 minutes ago, kenway said:

The Psychology of Israeli Propaganda

The thirst for justice and the emotions when someone isn't educated about this so tricky issue is very understandble.

But this is only a phase, and if holywood people are intelligent and sensitive (and I believe part of them are) then they will understand the truth later in their life.

A bunch of holywood folks are already understand and much more emphatetic of Israel.

Edited by Nivsch

1 minute ago, Nivsch said:

The thirst for justice and the emotions when someone isn't educated about this so tricky issue is very understandble.

But this is only a phase, and if holywood people are intelligent and sensitive (and I believe part of them are) then they will understand the truth later in their life.

Are you sure you watched it all?

The video is 1 hour and 9 minutes long. It's been 29 minutes since I posted it.

The truth hurts, my brother.

1 hour ago, kenway said:

I started, hoped to a serious video but 5 seconds barely passed and a stupid girl say "they have to dieee" and then I realized it gonna be another childish propagandist video.

But I am not loosing hope, and I will watch anyway.

Edited by Nivsch

On 1/8/2024 at 5:37 PM, Karmadhi said:

If your child was put in a cage and trialed at a military court for throwing rocks at a soldier and random soldiers came as they pleased by breaking the door searching without a warrant you would feel oppressed. Also forgot countless checkpoints just to move around your country and not being hit by snipers without warning.

Saying there is no oppression of Palestinians when there have been countless reports from many international organizations is pure delusion.

Talk with some Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza about their daily life and you will see for yourself.

Easy to say there is no oppression from your comfortable first world country in Israel or wherever you live without a worry in the world.

I didn't say there isn't any oppression. But if you want to control the oppression, you need to first establish law and order, by force. Or both sides must be willing to back off without the use of force. And be happy with the land they have at the moment. 

This is extremely hard to come by, if you appreciate the ground reality of it.

The Houthi terrorists have already started launching rockets at container, gas tanker ships in the red sea because of what Israel is doing.

I guess even that is justified to you because some people are oppressed.

Thank Goodness the US navy exists to impose peace in international waters.

Without the US navy projecting it's force in the international waters we would all bend to the whims of the terrorist.

At the moment most ships have rerouted via cape town instead of the Red sea because it's not worth getting bombed.

And be prepared to pay significantly more for oil. Even that should be okay. 

4 hours ago, Nivsch said:

A decades long trauma.

Now the patience is over and the pressure cooker overflowed.

You guys clearly understand the concept of being pushed to the limit of exploding after years and decades of trauma but then can't seem to apply this same concept to the Palestinians or for what Hamas did on October 7th which yes - was horrible.

9 hours ago, jaylimix said:

Were women truly oppressed under patriarchy - was the feminist movement including the suffragettes in England who vandalised buildings and committed arson justified in fighting for women's right to vote? The level of resistance will be in line with the level of oppression.

When describing situations it doesn't have to be the most absolute use of a word to apply as people can be partially metaphorical to make the point.  Like when people refer to Gaza as a open air prison - it isn't true in its most literal sense but partially true in the sense that freedom of movement and restrictions exist for Gaza. If we're talking international law then definitions require more precision to be used and applied (genocide, ethnic cleansing for example). Otherwise, certain words are used as analogous to make a point.

A revolt or resistance doesn't have to exclusively be only to the most extreme absolute versions of oppression and it doesn't deny the fact that some form of oppression is occurring that needs resisting to. Ethnic cleansing/displacement is still happening and has been for decades - they aren't supposed to resist that?

When people are denied a state their denied a certain type of more 'civilised' and accepted means of protection/deterrence  - when a group of people don't have a military, navy, air force, intelligence agencies or the backing of a global superpower they need to resort to guerrilla warfare and other unsavoury uncivilised tactics like suicide or terrorist attacks - which they are then gaslighted as savages for and I get it, it is savage - but it doesn't detract from their cause being a just one of equal human rights, self determination and dignity even though they go about it in undignified unjust ways of which they have been left with little choice.

Edited by zazen

I posted this in the wrong thread previously.

Do you see how a detached heroic version of masculinity leads to these kinds of conclusions? If femininity in positions of leadership is rejected inside and out, then a harsh divisive masculine conclusion is what people use.

I understand why, I mean feminism has made people vilify femininity in positions of power or leadership. The problem is people don't realise that also means they vilify or detach from the decision-making feminine part of themselves. The part that values life above all things, and doesn't want to cause suffering. The part that would die rather than hurt a kid as a demonstratable example. 

So if you want to alter this course of the world, stop vilifying femininity in decision making. Again I understand why it happened, but its no solution if we want to reduce suffering.

Edited by BlueOak

@zazen

3 hours ago, zazen said:

You guys clearly understand the concept of being pushed to the limit of exploding after years and decades of trauma but then can't seem to apply this same concept to the Palestinians or for what Hamas did on October 7th which yes - was horrible.

Were women truly oppressed under patriarchy - was the feminist movement including the suffragettes in England who vandalised buildings and committed arson justified in fighting for women's right to vote? The level of resistance will be in line with the level of oppression.

When describing situations it doesn't have to be the most absolute use of a word to apply as people can be partially metaphorical to make the point.  Like when people refer to Gaza as a open air prison - it isn't true in its most literal sense but partially true in the sense that freedom of movement and restrictions exist for Gaza. If we're talking international law then definitions require more precision to be used and applied (genocide, ethnic cleansing for example). Otherwise, certain words are used as analogous to make a point.

A revolt or resistance doesn't have to exclusively be only to the most extreme absolute versions of oppression and it doesn't deny the fact that some form of oppression is occurring that needs resisting to. Ethnic cleansing/displacement is still happening and has been for decades - they aren't supposed to resist that?

When people are denied a state their denied a certain type of more 'civilised' and accepted means of protection/deterrence  - when a group of people don't have a military, navy, air force, intelligence agencies or the backing of a global superpower they need to resort to guerrilla warfare and other unsavoury uncivilised tactics like suicide or terrorist attacks - which they are then gaslighted as savages for and I get it, it is savage - but it doesn't detract from their cause being a just one of equal human rights, self determination and dignity even though they go about it in undignified unjust ways of which they have been left with little choice.

True, most western cultures and westernized countries that have secularized and got atheism, with some excesses of egalitarianism, feminism, and multiculturalism, mixed with Neoliberalism and capitalism, have greatly increased divorce rates, decline in birthrates, moral degeneration, lack of human decency, and more dysfunctional family units.

Even China and Russia suffered much more in this aspect, as Russia was the first country to secularize, and make abortions legal, and now they're suffering from not having enough replacement numbers and having declines in birthrates.

Edited by Danioover9000

@kenway

5 hours ago, kenway said:

Guaranteed he hasn't.😂

On 08/01/2024 at 4:56 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@Leo Gura, @Carl-Richard, @Space and other mods, and also users here, your opinions on this video?

IMO, I thought about this, but I consider it probably a better USA strategy, since they're allies with Israel, why don't they get directly involved in this conflict? Why don't Biden send some USA military units and establish a base near Gaza/West Bank, to both signal officially a coalition between them and Israel, but in secret a military presence in Gaza/West Bank would force IDF to limit their bombing attacks on buildings? I think the 'prime directive' here from USA should have been put aside and they should have been more involved militarily, at least to both check and control IDF aggression, but also to help preserve social infrastructure for Palestine?

Honestly I don't really pay attention to current affairs and politics. Not that you or anyone else shouldn't, but I choose to focus on other things. So I don't have anything interesting to say about this video or the war in general.

Too much to do, not enough time.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski