Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

The commander who was eliminated today was from what I heard the big brain behind all the terror initiations of hamas in the west bank. Quite important and significant I think.

Stage three of the war with less soldiers and more concentrated operations against hamas will take at least one year and no south africa nor anything will prevent that from happening

Interesting how today it was a calculated precise strike with minimum casualties since it is Lebanon and they want to avoid a war there.

Why didnt they use a 2000 paund bomb to destroy the entire district like they do to take out Hamas guys in Gaza and killing tens of civilians per strike?

It seems like precision strikes work with minimum colleteral damage.

More proof that they intentionally want to mass kill civilians with each strike they do against Hamas instead of using precision drones like they did against the guy in Lebanon today

Posted (edited)

@Karmadhi Because today the operation was based on a very accurate indications about a specific person's location.

But when you have to destroy fortifications hamas built all over Gaza using entire neighborhoods to, what else can you do?

I still can't see another realistic way.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Wow you still have this thread. Seriously you are really obsessed, move on. @Nivsch & @Vrubel why are you wasting your breath, at this point its just back and forth conversation, you will not convince them, they are determined against Israel no matter what. Just focus your attention to help Israeli soldiers and the country instead of immersing yourself with this pointless debate. Why are we even arguing for Israel's right to exist, we are here to stay, period, even if all the anti-semites of the world will scream otherwise, thats the best what they can do is scream. 

If they love so called "Palestinians" let them absorb into their country and create Palestine in their region. Spare us the trouble.

13 hours ago, Vrubel said:

The truth shines upon Israel as the soft winter sun on the handsome faces of the boys and girls of the IDF fighting savages in Gaza. :P 

I love how the Israelis here think they are fighting some big war. all they did was bomb the fuck out of the place, and still are,  killing women and children and destroying everything in sight before they went in, oh so bravely, to fight on the ground. So brave to fight against the “savages” who have no major weapons, maybe some children will throw rocks at them?. Better bomb and kill 50 people for that, that seems moral and fair. 

Any idiot can see they are going to push everyone out of Gaza and make it Israel. Next step will be taking over southern Lebanon, in their moral fight for humanity, then they can ship everyone from Gaza to southern Lebanon. Egypt might be paid by the USA to take some. That’s my prediction. 

Sigh.

On 2/1/2024 at 11:06 AM, Vrubel said:

I would advise the people on this thread to be more critical of the sources you share. They are mostly highly selected snippets from purposeful and obvious propaganda channels. 

That’s rich coming from you.

13 hours ago, Nivsch said:

And willing to risk their whole life for that.

Israel proves willing to sacrifice itself in this war.

There is no need to have troops on the ground. 

You are bred to fight in war. Why aren’t you fighting for your country?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Merkabah Star said:

I love how the Israelis here think they are fighting some big war. all they did was bomb the fuck out of the place, and still are,  killing women and children and destroying everything in sight before they went in, oh so bravely, to fight on the ground. So brave to fight against the “savages” who have no major weapons, maybe some children will throw rocks at them?. Better bomb and kill 50 people for that, that seems moral and fair. 

Any idiot can see they are going to push everyone out of Gaza and make it Israel. Next step will be taking over southern Lebanon, in their moral fight for humanity, then they can ship everyone from Gaza to southern Lebanon. Egypt might be paid by the USA to take some. That’s my prediction. 

Sigh.

I see it in another way,

A country that been tortured by a terror organization that traumatized thousands of children in shelters since 2000, murdered hundrets of Israelis in suicide bombing when their fellows refused any peace suggestion you can think of, causing Israel to do countless operations when hiding, using and disguising to civilians making the world put the pressure on the wrong side drawing Israel as an opressor when it doesn't deserve this, and in the end kills, rape, butches and kidnapp 1600 Israelis.

Thats why Israel has been exploded.

The moralizers can get down their mountain and visit here for couple of days or stay quiet.

Enough is enough. Israel response might have flaws tactically but absolutely and utterly understandable to me.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

This was an excellent stream from start to finish. Well worth a listen.

It starts with an amusing exchange between Jamal Mohamad and Rabbi Shmuley on an ice rink, then Finkelstein talks about the resignation of Claudine Gay on a more serious interpretation of the same message, then a discussion on Dershowitz and a brief synopsis of the ICJ judges and which way the genocide case might go.

00:00 Intro 02:43 Jamal's encounter with Rabbi Shmuley 11:17 What does 'Free Palestine' mean to Jamal? 13:49 Jamal's experience in Palestine 22:56 Jamal's work with The Arab Student Association 24:22 Seeing through Israeli propaganda 29:27 Congresswoman Elise Stefanik calls for RESIGNATION of Claudine Gay, President of Harvard 43:20 Who should decide who gets to teach? 49:50 Is there a precedent for the firing of Academics who criticize Israel? 54:05 Alan Dershowitz claims there's a double standard when it comes to Black intellectuals and Antisemitism 1:13:23 Norm's debate with Dershowitz 1:14:46 Netanyahu wants Alan Derhsowitz to represent Israel in it's genocide case 1:17:45 Why South Africa is invoking the genocide convention.

Posted (edited)

@Vrubel is democracy now allowed? Is it too much propaganda for you?

Edited by Merkabah Star

I spoke to a man who was in the military for 20 years. Safe to say he is in a much better place now. Not everyone gets out of stressful situations alive, but those that do are forever grateful for a new start at life.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Nivsch said:

@Karmadhi Because today the operation was based on a very accurate indications about a specific person's location.

But when you have to destroy fortifications hamas built all over Gaza using entire neighborhoods to, what else can you do?

It seems like any building can be seen as a fortification of Hamas base if there's a single Hamas member there. Al-shifa was said to have Hamas's command centre for weeks leading up to it and when they got there and destroyed it/caused death they barely found anything while the world waited for footage and proof. In fact Ehud Barak said Israel built a bunker there when they occupied Gaza to which he got backlash because he's not following the script or narrative of what will make Israel look good.

The bombs being used are 2'000 lbs which are some of the largest, they explode out parts/shrapnel that damage anything within a large radius and create craters which can be seen in South Gaza in area's where Gazan's were told to go for safety - even refugee camps are being bombed.  Israel's leadership and propaganda seems to have brainwashed its own society into thinking its doing the right thing the same way US elites and military interests did to its own society to secure its 'national security' in the Middle East. Maybe Israeli society is also held hostage to this leadership, and Bibi is hostage to his far right base of support including Ben Gvir and Smotrich. Bibi benefits from continuing this war for his political and legal survival. In a sense, the US and the world is hostage to him and the region/world hangs in the balance by how they go about this war to escalate it to something that pulls in bigger plays and destabilises the world.

Whenever people share deluded statements from Israeli society the defence is that they are just radical, clowns or extremist and that its not reflective of the population. But what matters is the people in positions of power and leadership. When you have the mayor of Jerusalem denying Christians or functioning churches exist in Gaza or Israeli Ambassador to the UK denying a humanitarian crises exists in Gaza - this is utter denial of reality by people who actually matter - not random people on the street. This is what the world see's. 

The voluntary migration of Gazans is displayed as humanitarian and moral but coercing someone into doing something and ensuring they’ll die if they don’t do it is the exact opposite of what the word “voluntary” means. Israel's actions have made Gaza uninhabitable and dangerous. Violently creating conditions that endanger their lives to the point that they don't have any choice but to leave isn't voluntary - and statements and intentions shown by Israeli leaders of settling in Gaza make the case for this being a ethnic cleansing campaign pretty obviously.

Its said there are 600'000 fighting age men in Gaza. Defeating Hamas would mean defeating the new military recruits Israel's actions will create from this. Including Houthi's who are giving Israel a taste of its own medicine by blockading a sea lane which shipments have to go around Africa for and to which the increased cost of that ends up at the end user of those goods in Israel which is already suffering economically. Then you have Hezbollah who Israel couldn't defeat in 2006 and who are only stronger now. That's Israel's triple threat - Hamas, Houthis, Hezbollah - HHH (WWE reference lol). Diplomatically it's already lost the world and US seems to be losing patience also but the narrative is that a military solution to a political problem makes Israel safer and is in its national interest - rather its in the interest of a few only.

Edited by zazen

8 hours ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

Wow you still have this thread. Seriously you are really obsessed, move on. @Nivsch & @Vrubel why are you wasting your breath, at this point its just back and forth conversation, you will not convince them, they are determined against Israel no matter what. Just focus your attention to help Israeli soldiers and the country instead of immersing yourself with this pointless debate. Why are we even arguing for Israel's right to exist, we are here to stay, period, even if all the anti-semites of the world will scream otherwise, thats the best what they can do is scream. 

If they love so called "Palestinians" let them absorb into their country and create Palestine in their region. Spare us the trouble.

Hear you man, I soon will have no choice but to leave this thread due to developments in my personal life and simply not having any time. Most of the people still hanging around this thread are pretty unreasonable and irredeemably biased anyway. You can see the eagerness for denial and jumping to conclusions. All they care about is their own incredibly narrow narrative. This is probably not even their own original and authentic thought and feelings but a pre-packaged propaganda narrative from a loud minority that will lash out at you if you're not part of their hive mind. 

On the flip side, some people here were reasonable enough and had interesting perspectives. And there was also some enjoyment for me in gathering together my thoughts and expressing myself. 

And don't worry, I will also definitely come to Israel soon and do some volunteering!

@Gennadiy1981

11 hours ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

In your biased opinion, of course.

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Nivsch said:

Because today the operation was based on a very accurate indications about a specific person's location.

I get your point but I am sure less people would have died if they actually cared.

Also lets say 500 soldiers will die instead of 100, still worth it in my opinion if it spares like 8000 innocent childreen.

I know they are Palestinian but still innocent since they are childreen.

Israel obsession with minimum military casualties is partly responsible for this.

If they want to commit war crimes, do it on Hamas fighters. Rape them, hang them in middle of square, shoot all POWs idc, just leave the kids alone...

And if 500 soldiers lives to you are worth more than 8000 kids, at least for the rest of the world they should not be and Israel should be coerced into it. By coercion I mean thread of sanctions, cut of diplomatic ties, War crime courts and public condemnation. 

I see this as a conflict between 2 parties where a third party (the kids in Gaza) just happen to be there and are suffering under it much more than the other two.

In my opinion it is unfair that because 2 parties are in conflict, the third party should suffer disproportionally compared to the other two.

So to me as a global citizen, if 1000 IDF soldiers need to be sacrificed to save 8000 childreen then to me it is a deal worth making. I am sure it may not be for the IDF but for the rest of the world it should be.

Since those 8000 childreen have 0 responsibility for the attack on Israel, by default their lives should have priority in the eyes of the world since first they are childreen and second the number is way higher than the IDF lives that have to be sacrificed to ensure they will not die.

But my last paragraph is more towards non Israel, non Arabs. I do not really except Israelis to be ok with what I said.

Edited by Karmadhi

@zazen

3 hours ago, zazen said:

It seems like any building can be seen as a fortification of Hamas base if there's a single Hamas member there. Al-shifa was said to have Hamas's command centre for weeks leading up to it and when they got there and destroyed it/caused death they barely found anything while the world waited for footage and proof. In fact Ehud Barak said Israel built a bunker there when they occupied Gaza to which he got backlash because he's not following the script or narrative of what will make Israel look good.

The bombs being used are 2'000 lbs which are some of the largest, they explode out parts/shrapnel that damage anything within a large radius and create craters which can be seen in South Gaza in area's where Gazan's were told to go for safety - even refugee camps are being bombed.  Israel's leadership and propaganda seems to have brainwashed its own society into thinking its doing the right thing the same way US elites and military interests did to its own society to secure its 'national security' in the Middle East. Maybe Israeli society is also held hostage to this leadership, and Bibi is hostage to his far right base of support including Ben Gvir and Smotrich. Bibi benefits from continuing this war for his political and legal survival. In a sense, the US and the world is hostage to him and the region/world hangs in the balance by how they go about this war to escalate it to something that pulls in bigger plays and destabilises the world.

Whenever people share deluded statements from Israeli society the defence is that they are just radical, clowns or extremist and that its not reflective of the population. But what matters is the people in positions of power and leadership. When you have the mayor of Jerusalem denying Christians or functioning churches exist in Gaza or Israeli Ambassador to the UK denying a humanitarian crises exists in Gaza - this is utter denial of reality by people who actually matter - not random people on the street. This is what the world see's. 

The voluntary migration of Gazans is displayed as humanitarian and moral but coercing someone into doing something and ensuring they’ll die if they don’t do it is the exact opposite of what the word “voluntary” means. Israel's actions have made Gaza uninhabitable and dangerous. Violently creating conditions that endanger their lives to the point that they don't have any choice but to leave isn't voluntary - and statements and intentions shown by Israeli leaders of settling in Gaza make the case for this being a ethnic cleansing campaign pretty obviously.

Its said there are 600'000 fighting age men in Gaza. Defeating Hamas would mean defeating the new military recruits Israel's actions will create from this. Including Houthi's who are giving Israel a taste of its own medicine by blockading a sea lane which shipments have to go around Africa for and to which the increased cost of that ends up at the end user of those goods in Israel which is already suffering economically. Then you have Hezbollah who Israel couldn't defeat in 2006 and who are only stronger now. That's Israel's triple threat - Hamas, Houthis, Hezbollah - HHH (WWE reference lol). Diplomatically it's already lost the world and US seems to be losing patience also but the narrative is that a military solution to a political problem makes Israel safer and is in its national interest - rather its in the interest of a few only.

I agree at this point any building in Gaza may be seen to be a HAMAs fortification from IDF, considering the many tunnels they made. I hope Israel and others clean the mess they made in Gaza with all that building and social infrastructure destruction.

I agree there ae 2,000 pound bombs being dropped, which are designed to have shrapnel going outwards. That type of bomb is in fact too large and too heavy for precision bombing, and yes in war times propaganda and brainwashing go way up to demonize/dehumanize the other side in this Israel/Palestinian conflict. I can't believe some here don't see in this binary opposition the asymmetries in this conflict in terms of suffering and trauma, that the Palestinians have it way worse than Israel even before this new conflict with HAMAs.

I agree with that statements, typical generalizations and distortions of reality, putting Israel on a pedestal and covering them with victim cards, but not Palestine cuz clearly they're monsters.

I also believe that the 'voluntary' migration here is just part of the genocide process, I don't see how nobody could see this pattern. Everyone failing the common sense test here, because when a country bombs the hell out of properties, buildings and other social infrastructures get damaged which leave the citizens more limited places to live or take shelter, I mean targeting social infrastructures like this is considered a war crime isn't it?

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Vrubel said:

Most of the people still hanging around this thread are pretty unreasonable and irredeemably biased anyway. You can see the eagerness for denial and jumping to conclusions.

That describes you more than anyone else here. You constantly say dehumanizing language of Palestinians calling them savage and were talking about how you’re “proud to be a Jew” basically admitting your analysis is just ethnic and nationalistic, not actually based on an even handed logic. Example, you said the poor living standards in Gaza was due to culture, but when I posted multiple sources clearly showing the damaging effects of the blockade you just dismissed it all with 0 evidence or even an argument. You calling anyone else biased is massive projection.

Edited by Raze

1 minute ago, Raze said:

That describes you more than anyone else here. You constantly say dehumanizing language of Palestinians calling them savage and were talking about how you’re “proud to be a Jew” basically admitting your analysis is just ethnic and nationalistic, not actually based on an even handed logic.

This is the end game isn't is? In a video of Leo he said something like, "telling a Muslim that Hindu spirituality knowledge is far more developed than it is in Islam and he will label it is voice of devil and deny it" so basically, him saying all that is similar to this and it is like that for me or anyone really.

They are Israelis so any harm on the image of their country or saying that their government is committing genocide, will undermine their reality, henceforth,they defend and justify all these events I believe children are being killed is a disastrous thing  and around 9000+ children have died, so i dislike their reality where this detail is not much important when it is Palestinian kids who are being killed

@Danioover9000

22 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Ramanujan

To be fair to the European colonization and settlers, there was a lot of good that came from the colonization Era, for example when the Spaniards and conquistadors set foot on south America, and encountered the Aztec empire, key word EMPIRE and not tribe, which practices some forms of cannibalism and human sacrifice of ripping open the chest of defeated tribal warriors while they're alive, the Spanish colonists put a stop to those barbaric practices, and even the native tribes in that region, and no the Spanish there weren't just being brutal but they were diplomatic, but they didn't have to be too diplomatic because the losing tribes in that region offered to make a coalition against the Aztec Empire, and thanks to them over throwing the Aztec empire peace was restored, and no more barbaric practices of cannibalism and human sacrifices were continued. Also, before and during the European colonization GB is the first Empire to have a strong anti slavery policy as an altruistic principle, and they were the first, not the USA or others, to pursue an anti slavery policy.  

History writtern by winners is always full of shit

Europeans killed 90% of native americans through virus

Trans Atlantic slave trade defeats every other barbaric acts anyone has ever committed

They are trying to do the same to palasetine. The people living in israel now migrated from ukrian to israel. 80% of isrel citizens migrated from europe to isreal

It is all settler colonialism. Thanks to Internet , random nobody like me could get educated on it

Posted (edited)

@Danioover9000 Makes sense. The notion that we can't reasonably guess other people's motivations because they are too obscure is unreasonable. When we observe recurring patterns of behaviour and listen to people articulate their worldviews candidly on popular media channels its easy to put things together. 

People will say such and such statements don't reflect the policy of the Israeli government but their leadership publicly contradict these claim with increasing boldness and arrogance.

Edited by zazen