Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

@Nabd I know he uses the term Communism in a playful way and means globalism. But even so, calling it Communism is a really bad move. That would be like if I called my stage Yellow solution to capitalism Nazism. Let's be Nazis, but minus all the bad stuff that Nazis did.

He is too far up his own ass with the Communism references. Communism was an utter disaster of an ideology and should never be spoken of again.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Imagine liking a house so much that you think god chose it for you, so you kick the owners ass,  temporarily give them the basement until you can slowly get rid of them out of the house completely, so you’re focused on that, and at the same time the neighborhood in which this house exists in is full of people that genuinely dislikes you, despite all of that, you still think that this house is what god chose for you because it’s written somewhere that it is, or however you arrived to this absurd conclusion. 

A different painting of this Israeli/ Palestinian conflict.

These attacks are awful, but I'm not surprised Palestinians want Jewish people to sometimes experience the same suffering they do on a regular basis. However, Israel is going to crush them now, so it's worse for them in the very short term.

Israel is an apartheid system country, Jewish people have all the rights and Palestinians don't. Moreover, any Jewish person in the world can migrate to Israel and get a free house, however, Palestinian refugees are not allowed to return. That's how you win elections, what a joke of democracy.

Digging a bit.

@PurpleTree

48 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

There he is the nose boy

Is this an actual video? Slavoj Zizek looks like he got edited into the footage.

34 minutes ago, Yousif said:

Imagine liking a house so much that you think god chose it for you, so you kick the owners ass,  temporarily give them the basement until you can slowly get rid of them out of the house completely, so you’re focused on that, and at the same time the neighborhood in which this house exists in is full of people that genuinely dislikes you, despite all of that, you still think that this house is what god chose for you because it’s written somewhere that it is, or however you arrived to this absurd conclusion. 

A different painting of this Israeli/ Palestinian conflict.

Yes but what do you think about defensless partypeople and women and children shot by hamas? Bodies of dead women paraded?

8 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@PurpleTree

Is this an actual video? Slavoj Zizek looks like he got edited into the footage.

of course it’s real

@PurpleTree

1 minute ago, PurpleTree said:

Yes but what do you think about defensless partypeople and women and children shot by hamas? Bodies of dead women paraded?

of course it’s real

But the footage looks edited...

23 minutes ago, AerisVahnEphelia said:

here is my analysis and what I think of it.

https://streamable.com/fwt24z

Nice. When I was a kid I was obsessed with Dragon Ball Z. The scene with Frieza beating the shit out of Vegeta, then Vegeta explaining to Goku what Frieza did to their home planet… very symbolic. And I enjoyed watching him get tortured.

It’s as if something in me as a kid knew I was going through immense suffering and was trying to figure out what pain and conflict meant.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Just now, Danioover9000 said:

@PurpleTree

But the footage looks edited...

Maybe your mind is trained to see conspiracies everywhere 

It's behind a paywall.

Edit: oh, that link was deleted.

Edited by gambler

8 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

I’m gonna continue with my lil analogy, how do you think the owner of the house would react to the person taking over his home?? you have to solve the problem from its roots, none of this would’ve happened if that person never took over someone’s property. All I can say is killing people who had nothing to do with it is unjustifiable, but you have to blame the person that brought them to the “ house” or this territory in the first place knowing that taking over the house is going to cause conflict for years and was willing to take that risk, so who’s to blame I ask? 

5 minutes ago, Yousif said:

All I can say is killing people who had nothing to do with it is unjustifiable

Ok nice but you’re still justifying it

18 minutes ago, gambler said:

It's behind a paywall.

Thanks. here’s the text

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/editorial/2023-10-08/ty-article-opinion/netanyahu-bears-responsibility/0000018b-0b9d-d8fc-adff-6bfd1c880000?v=1696810605730

The disaster that befell Israel on the holiday of Simchat Torah is the clear responsibility of one person: Benjamin Netanyahu. The prime minister, who has prided himself on his vast political experience and irreplaceable wisdom in security matters, completely failed to identify the dangers he was consciously leading Israel into when establishing a government of annexation and dispossession, when appointing Bezalel Smotrich and Itamar Ben-Gvir to key positions, while embracing a foreign policy that openly ignored the existence and rights of Palestinians.

Netanyahu will certainly try to evade his responsibility and cast the blame on the heads of the army, Military Intelligence and the Shin Bet security service who, like their predecessors on the eve of the Yom Kippur War, saw a low probability of war with their preparations for a Hamas attack proving flawed.

They scorned the enemy and its offensive military capabilities. Over the next days and weeks, when the depth of Israel Defense Forces and intelligence failures come to light, a justified demand to replace them and take stock will surely arise.

However, the military and intelligence failure does not absolve Netanyahu of his overall responsibility for the crisis, as he is the ultimate arbiter of Israeli foreign and security affairs. Netanyahu is no novice in this role, like Ehud Olmert was in the Second Lebanon War. Nor is he ignorant in military matters, as Golda Meir in 1973 and Menachem Begin in 1982 claimed to be.

Netanyahu also shaped the policy embraced by the short-lived “government of change” led by Naftali Bennett and Yair Lapid: a multidimensional effort to crush the Palestinian national movement in both its wings, in Gaza and the West Bank, at a price that would seem acceptable to the Israeli public.

In the past, Netanyahu marketed himself as a cautious leader who eschewed wars and multiple casualties on Israel’s side. After his victory in the last election, he replaced this caution with the policy of a “fully-right government,” with overt steps taken to annex the West Bank, to carry out ethnic cleansing in parts of the Oslo-defined Area C, including the Hebron Hills and the Jordan Valley.

This also included a massive expansion of settlements and bolstering of the Jewish presence on Temple Mount, near the Al-Aqsa Mosque, as well as boasts of an impending peace deal with the Saudis in which the Palestinians would get nothing, with open talk of a “second Nakba” in his governing coalition. As expected, signs of an outbreak of hostilities began in the West Bank, where Palestinians started feeling the heavier hand of the Israeli occupier. Hamas exploited the opportunity in order to launch its surprise attack on Saturday.

Above all, the danger looming over Israel in recent years has been fully realized. A prime minister indicted in three corruption cases cannot look after state affairs, as national interests will necessarily be subordinate to extricating him from a possible conviction and jail time.

This was the reason for establishing this horrific coalition and the judicial coup advanced by Netanyahu, and for the enfeeblement of top army and intelligence officers, who were perceived as political opponents. The price was paid by the victims of the invasion in the Western Negev.

The above article is Haaretz’s lead editorial, as published in the Hebrew and English newspapers in Israel.

15 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Ok nice but you’re still justifying it

That’s how the Palestinians would justify it, also women and children are killed/ being killed on both sides, this is war, that’s what happens in war, now who started this war from the very beginning, I’m not taking sides, I’m trying to be unbiased here, you seem to overlook the root of the problem and not confront the Israel’s that this whole this land belong to us is just bullshit, you will have a clearer picture of the situation if you’re unbiased, and since you’re in this forum that belongs to a person that’s always talking about us not seeing the truth simply because we’re too biased, well this is an example of it.

3 minutes ago, Yousif said:

That’s how the Palestinians would justify it, also women and children are killed/ being killed on both sides, this is war, that’s what happens in war, now who started this war from the very beginning, I’m not taking sides, I’m trying to be unbiased here, you seem to overlook the root of the problem and not confront the Israel’s that this whole this land belong to us is just bullshit, you will have a clearer picture of the situation if you’re unbiased, and since you’re in this forum that belongs to a person that’s always talking about us not seeing the truth simply because we’re too biased, well this is an example of it.

how are you not taking sides?

@PurpleTree

11 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

By not taking sides, an arguer gets to both side an issue, AKA both siding fallacy, and use centrism to dodge and weasel to either side, or to pivot away when pressed too much on one issue. However, when you take a side, and stand, typically you can't easily pivot or change the goal post, but sunk cost fallacy can also happen.

@Yimpa very based.
even I only watched the classic end fight and dragon ball season 1 only.

nowhere in the bio  @VahnAeris 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If it's that small why wasn't Israel's army able to engage them? I thought Israel had a big army. Where are all their troops? Israel is a small land area.

How does Israel not have at least 5000 troops around the Gaza area? They have an army over 100k.

It took only 4000 troops for the Arabs to conquer Syria from the Byzantine empire. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

11 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

I’m using my judgment like a judge in a court room, you listen to both sides and then decide which side wronged the other, just because it seems like I’m taking sides doesn’t mean I want that side to win the case. 

you’re getting lost in the details, try to see the bigger picture.

4 minutes ago, Yousif said:

I’m using my judgment like a judge in a court room, you listen to both sides and then decide which side wronged the other, just because it seems like I’m taking sides doesn’t mean I want that side to win the case. 

you’re getting lost in the details, try to see the bigger picture.

I’m just a bit confused because you said “there’s no justifying killing those defenseless people” but you’re clearly justifying it

then you said “i’m not taking sides” but clearly you are taking a side

but it’s fine, maybe i’m too dumb and it’s my fault that I’m confused

please tell me another story about a house papa