Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

Why is Hamas actually doing this when they probably aren't going to win against Israel?

@Leo Gura do you think it is realistic to expect people to finally evolve enough for all those pointless conflicts to end by the end of the 21st century?

2 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Why is Hamas actually doing this when they probably aren't going to win against Israel?

Do you realise that people do not act like computers?

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Iran having a nuke doesn't change anything. They are not suicidal. There would be no point in using it. All the nuke does is prevent the US from invading you.

A country having a nuke changes everything leo.

1, It increases nuclear profileration in their enemies. Bringing us closer to armageddon or at least the after-effects of large doses of radiation in the air and water, with all the hundreds of millions of refugees and chaos that would generate.

2, It means they can wage conventional war, making them more likely to do so. Because people will not attack them back.

3, It completely shifts a power dynamic in the region, destabilizing what little order exists in that region.

*4, It means people are more likely to strike them preemptively to stop it, meaning more war and all the fallout that brings.

Edited by BlueOak

8 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Iran can shift the attention way from Russia and/or China, tying up media attention, and military attention etc . Its the perfect proxy war, from a coalition of powers, trying to shift the global dynamic in their favor. Even more so when Iran gets nukes, they can do this indefinitely every 5-10 years.

Edited by BlueOak

18 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

They will get their captured people back by taking Israeli people as hostages. That's one of their objectives.

Edited by Sandhu

23 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

@Leo Gura do you think it is realistic to expect people to finally evolve enough for all those pointless conflicts to end by the end of the 21st century?

It's hard to predict that far.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Sandhu said:

They will get their captured people back by taking Israeli people as hostages. That's one of their objectives.

17 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

Iran can shift the attention way from Russia and/or China, tying up media attention, and military attention etc . Its the perfect proxy war, from a coalition of powers, trying to shift the global dynamic in their favor. Even more so when Iran gets nukes, they can do this indefinitely every 5-10 years.

Oh, I didn't realize that.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Iran having a nuke doesn't change anything. They are not suicidal. There would be no point in using it. All the nuke does is prevent the US from invading you.

It prevents US because of fear of nuking US in retaliation? 

8 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

It prevents US because of fear of nuking US in retaliation? 

US is gonna think long and hard before invading someone with nuke. Like North Korea.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

here is a quick video on the history of the jewish people. Judaism is as old as people believing in Zeus. Unfortunate that we don't have any Zeus worshippers anymore.

It is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel regarding this conflict. The border are already skewed so much in the favor of Israel. I am not sure if Palestinians will ever be fine that. 

Edited by Philipp

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course.

Israeli settlement expansion fuels terrorists.

I agree with you.

The problem is very complex, and the current government is the least responsible we had so far. They are thinking in a very childish manner.

But in the other hand, I am very optimistic now that the world can see better than ever, how brutalic is hamas and how zero semtiments to human life he has. 

The videos hamas publishes are extremely difficult to watch. Israeli children, old woman, young woman with small children are kidnapped to gaza with guns over their heads.

I saw an astounishingly difficult video of an Israeli ~8 y.o boy ALONE in gaza being tourmented by palestinian children who are laughing at him and its been encouraged by hamas people. Who knows if he will live for the next few weeks.

Of course childs tend to be cruel sometimes no matter their ethnicity, but this is heartbreaking to any Israeli to watch.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

I live a couple hours away from where this is happening, people here are in shock that this is actually happening, it’s the first time in Israel’s history that this kind of attack in this scale blew up..

2 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

I agree with you.

The problem is very complex, and the current government is the least responsible we had so far. They are thinking in a very childish manner.

But in the other hand, I am very optimistic now that the world can see better than ever, how brutalic is hamas and how zero semtiments to human life he has. 

The videos hamas publishes are extremely difficult to watch. Israeli children, old woman, young woman with small children are kidnapped to gaza with guns over their heads.

I saw an astounishingly difficult video of an Israeli ~8 y.o boy ALONE in gaza being tourmented by palestinian children who are laughing at him and its been encoiraged by hamas people. Who knows if he will leave for the next few weeks.

Of course childs tend to be cruel sometimes no matter their ethnicity, but this is heartbreaking to any Israeli to watch.

The entire reason HAMAS is such a big player is because Israel left the Gaza strip in an attempt to give palestenians back some autonomy. The problem is, HAMAS will never stop, no matter how much Israel will return to the palestinians at this point.

You will never be able to just go back to peace, especially considering we have Iran invested in peace never occuring. They will ensure conflicts continue as long as there is room for them.

Glory to Israel

8 minutes ago, GabeN said:

I live a couple hours away from where this is happening, people here are in shock that this is actually happening, it’s the first time in Israel’s history that this kind of attack in this scale blew up..

Indeed very traumatic.

More than 100 Innocent civilians are being killed and 50-100 are being kidnapped.

Old woman in her own home who was forced by hamas people to take selfie and then kidnapped. Its a completely non-symetric war.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I understand what you're saying, however the psychology of being severely victimized is that eventually your position is so dire that achieving your purpose becomes impossible, so your purpose now becomes to lash out and cause as much damage to the bully as possible. That's what happens when you've been backed into a impossible corner.

Regarding yesterday's Roy situation, isn't it funny how it very much reflects this described psychology? 

Roy wanted to be banned for a long time, but he just couldn't reach You. You could say he was powerless. And then he lashed out in an explosive way.

Such an accident that it happened in this particular thread. :D

People are as naive about this as they are with the russio-ukrainian conflict, thinking that we will somehow get peace if we just negotiate properly. That's fairy tale land, and just shows there is a profound lack of understanding human nature and both sides of the conflict.

Glory to Israel

3 minutes ago, Scholar said:

The entire reason HAMAS is such a big player is because Israel left the Gaza strip in an attempt to give palestenians back some autonomy. The problem is, HAMAS will never stop, no matter how much Israel will return to the palestinians at this point.

You will never be able to just go back to peace, especially considering we have Iran invested in peace never occuring. They will ensure conflicts continue as long as there is room for them.

Exactly.

Hamas is a pure blood thirsty gang who wants to conquer Israel in one peace. No negotiation can be done with this ISIS-like mentality organisation.

Edited by Nivsch

1 minute ago, Scholar said:

People are as naive about this as they are with the russio-ukrainian conflict, thinking that we will somehow get peace if we just negotiate properly. That's fairy tale land, and just shows there is a profound lack of understanding human nature and both sides of the conflict.

Right.

This is an unhealthy stage red gang against stage blue-orange (and locally above) military.