MarkKol

I have a hard time believing people are fat because of calories

42 posts in this topic

I've been dieting for a couple of weeks witnessing just how much 2000/2500 calories worth of food looks like. There's no way somebody has a natural inclination to ever eat this much. So what is it really? Junk food? Sugar? added sugar? trans-fats? oils? bread & wheat?

You really have to be racing against time to eat 2000 calories in 24 hours, IMO.

Edited by MarkKol

It's calories, period.
People overconsume calorie dense products - if you control for calories and on average eat less than you spend - you will lose bodymass. That's just basic thermodynamics right there. In the literature, there are countless examples of individuals losing weight under a calorie-deficient "Twinkie" or "McDonalds" diet. The reason why most diets fail is because of physiological/psychological factors (satiety, cravings, emotional eating, lack of willpower..).There are some other factors like hormonal influences, but it's secondary to the total fuel you put in (obviously).

I dont know where your intuition comes from that 2000/2500 calories is "a lot of food". Maybe you are just a sparse eater. Most people would have no problem eating a whole pizza as dinner and thats at least 1000 calories right there. Add softdrinks, snacks and 2 more whole meals to that and you are way above that limit. Processed, calorie dense foods are usually based on simple carbohydrates abd trenched in hypercaloric oils. Calories add up really fast that way. 

That's why eating whole foods is such a great way to cut calories. You gonna get way more "mass" for much fewer calories.

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Rofl, you consume too much energy and don't burn it, it gets stored as fat.

People consume foods that are high in calories, low in nutrient density so they don't get energised and full off fewer calories.

It's a function of calorie density.

To get fat you need to eat calorie dense foods like refined grains, sugar, and junk food.

It's almost impossible to over eat calories from veggies and meat because the density just isn't there. You can't pack 2000 calories into a meat and vaggie dish. But you can easily pack 2000 calilories into a Big Mac meal with BBQ sauce and a strawberry milkshake.

2 Big Macs and milk shakes per day every day will make you obese.

If you want to stay effortlessly thin only eat whole fruits, veggies, and meat.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura how are you going brother? I haven't seen a video from you in a while so I just wanted to check in with you. ?✨

@Leo Gura

What about some healthy oils as well, eggs and maybe some raw nuts and seeds

Edited by bazera

4 minutes ago, bazera said:

@Leo Gura

What about some healthy oils as well, eggs and maybe some raw nuts and seeds

Those are fine too.

What really creates obesity is all the foods that contain refined grains and sugars. Because their calorie density is 2-5x higher than whole foods. Nature cannot make foods so calorie dense.

Edited by Leo Gura

59 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Do you boil your meats to avoid adding extra calories/cooking in oil?

10 hours ago, MarkKol said:

I've been dieting for a couple of weeks witnessing just how much 2000/2500 calories worth of food looks like. There's no way somebody has a natural inclination to ever eat this much. So what is it really? Junk food? Sugar? added sugar? trans-fats? oils? bread & wheat?

You really have to be racing against time to eat 2000 calories in 24 hours, IMO.

It really depends on your habit of tolerating hunger and your size, muscles, activity etc.

I am losing weight and I really have to be disciplined to not go over 2500 kcal. If I just eat how I like to I could easily eat 3000-4000 kcal, and I do not eat any junk food or any refined sugars.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

From my experience you can even eat grains in form of whole grain like spelt. You can cook them like rice and they keep you filled up. Bread might also work if it isn't wheat and whole grain. 

It is super important how they are packed. I have once seen a documentary of people eating whole grains, nuts, veggies and fruits and taking in more than 2000 calories per day and they stayed thin and then switched to junk food with 2k calories and they got fat really fast.

Just a question. How common is good quality whole grain bread without additives in the us? 

Edited by Starlight321

29 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

Do you boil your meats to avoid adding extra calories/cooking in oil?

Hell no. That's just gross.

You can cook meat so many ways with little oil. And natural fats will not make you fat.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Starlight321 said:

From my experience you can even eat grains in form of whole grain like spelt. You can cook them like rice and they keep you filled up. Bread might also work if it isn't wheat and whole grain. 

It is super important how they are packed. I have once seen a documentary of people eating whole grains, nuts, veggies and fruits and taking in more than 2000 calories per day and they stayed thin and then switched to junk food with 2k calories and they got fat really fast.

Just a question. How common is good quality whole grain bread without additives in the us? 

51p695iZL9L.jpgThis the bread I buy. Very good and its sprouted. 

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

11 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

This the bread I buy. Very good and its sprouted. 

I love this bread 

"It is from my open heart that I will mirror you, and reflect back to you all that you are:

As a being of love, of energy, 

of passion, and truth."

Just go on a Big Mac Diet xD

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

36 minutes ago, toasty7718 said:

I love this bread 

It comes in blue and green packaging too. Variations of flavor. Only bread I buy. They even have them in English muffins which I use for home-made burgers.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You can cook meat so many ways with little oil. And natural fats will not make you fat.

You have strayed away from your Russian/slavic roots

This is called Gulaš and It’s fucking great, by dry cooking meat you are generating unhealthy chemicals like @LSD-Rumi pointed out in his thread.

Gulaš = red meat soup

IMG_1728.jpeg

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

What? You don't boil meat? You don't eat things like this? It is fking tasty. 

OIP.jpeg

People who are naturally thin even with a lot of calories have a very active HPA axis.
People often think it's a thyroid issue, but that's not true. A stronger thyroid does increase oxidative phosphorylation but in 90% of cases, it is just the HPA axis.
Because you're rich in glutamate, or directly in catecholamines (because of a low MAO-B), in Histamine, because of a low or even very low synthesis/release of serotonin, because of too great a conversion of Dopamine into noradrenaline etctectec.
The causes are numerous. ?

Vice versa for people who have difficulty losing weight.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

1 hour ago, Sidra khan said:

When you want to eat more, you end up eating less, when you want to eat less you end up eating more.. 

REAL 

4 hours ago, Arthogaan said:

It really depends on your habit of tolerating hunger and your size, muscles, activity etc.

I am losing weight and I really have to be disciplined to not go over 2500 kcal. If I just eat how I like to I could easily eat 3000-4000 kcal, and I do not eat any junk food or any refined sugars.

You must have quite a bit of money, so much the better.
I'm a student, I grit my teeth every time I go shopping.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

41 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

REAL 

You must have quite a bit of money, so much the better.
I'm a student, I grit my teeth every time I go shopping.

I live in Poland. Quite cheap healthy food here.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.