justfortoday

If you want to “awaken”, get off this forum.

79 posts in this topic

One thing I have learned here is how quickly non-duality can turn into another dogma, not dissimilar from fundamentalist Christianity where people parrot their favorite Bible versus.

My teachers are people I have a personal relationship with.  I have had an opportunity to observe them and thus know that they are the embodiment of their teachings.  

Nevertheless, the forum is a valuable resource.  It depends on us to use it wisely.  The technology itself is just the technology.  If the content is weak, it’s up to us to post with good intentions.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

On 9/29/2023 at 3:00 AM, Jodistrict said:

One thing I have learned here is how quickly non-duality can turn into another dogma, not dissimilar from fundamentalist Christianity where people parrot their favorite Bible versus.

The difference is, you can at least potentially experience a nondual state for yourself.

You can't experience the truths of fundamentalist Christianity for yourself, at least nothing beyond your FEELINGS under some circumstances.

Which is why nondual teachers are just there to point you to your own experience, not offer some pseudo-philosophy or religion.

If they do the second, they are basically gigantic gaping assholes.

Edited by SeaMonster

I did all the drugs, weird things happened. Now on very rare occasion weird things happen while sober, which didn't happen before I distorted my mind with potent hallucinogenic chemicals.

Only a few weeks prior, I became overly aware of the stark REALNESS of the present moment. Nothing else but the extremely stark blatant in your face REALNESS of the moment. It became intense quickly but my mind panicked and because I wasn't high on drugs there was nothing to keep propelling me into it so the panic snapped me out of the state.

Probably the final remnants of my drug addled brain's distorted wiring finally righting itself.

17 minutes ago, OldManCorcoran said:

Probably the final remnants of my drug addled brain's distorted wiring finally righting itself.

Hopefully, yes.

The mind is very good at making itself panic even when nothing seemingly is happening in experience. It can induce certain feelings and states from nothing. I think it tends to happen in the same way everytime if you try to examine it. Metaphysical fears can seem tricky, but they operate through the same mechanism, and should be purged, because they really are just made of nothing, which is how basically all panic attacks operate.

The mind has this desire to control or latch on to something, which can make it panic, because that is never the purpose of the mind. Mind can only latch on to mind. Focusing on experience, on your heart beat, on your hand, can bring you back to what you are and what is actually real.

The "feeling of fear" can seem very fundamental and metaphysical, but it really is just a relative human phenomenon. If you were not in a human body, you would not feel any racing heart beat or trembling, for example. So it's not that the universe is out to get you or something like that, it is just a biological occurence which needs to be dealt with.

Hope any of this helps, take care of yourself  ❤️

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

7 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Hopefully, yes.

The mind is very good at making itself panic even when nothing seemingly is happening in experience. It can induce certain feelings and states from nothing. I think it tends to happen in the same way everytime if you try to examine it. Metaphysical fears can seem tricky, but they operate through the same mechanism, and should be purged, because they really are just made of nothing, which is how basically all panic attacks operate.

The mind has this desire to control or latch on to something, which can make it panic, because that is never the purpose of the mind. Mind can only latch on to mind. Focusing on experience, on your heart beat, on your hand, can bring you back to what you are and what is actually real.

The "feeling of fear" can seem very fundamental and metaphysical, but it really is just a relative human phenomenon. If you were not in a human body, you would not feel any racing heart beat or trembling, for example. So it's not that the universe is out to get you or something like that, it is just a biological occurence which needs to be dealt with.

Hope any of this helps, take care of yourself  ❤️

Yes,but the body doesn't exist,you imagine the heartbeat and the trembling.

12 minutes ago, De Sade said:

Yes,but the body doesn't exist,you imagine the heartbeat and the trembling.

9_9

This is more of Leo's gaslighting ontology (words like "does not exist" and "imagine".)  Leo is literally raping you with his mind when he says shit like that.

It's like a distorted Buddhism from hell.  When they say the body doesn't exist, they mean that the concept of the body is a reification which can be deconstructed (it's a convention not a reality), but it doesn't mean anything beyond that.

6 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

9_9

This is more of Leo's gaslighting ontology (words like "does not exist" and "imagine".)  Leo is literally raping you with his mind when he says shit like that.

It's like a distorted Buddhism from hell.  When they say the body doesn't exist, they mean that the concept of the body is a reification which can be deconstructed (it's a convention not a reality), but it doesn't mean anything beyond that.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/bettercallsaul/images/1/13/Mike_Ehrmantraut_chara.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150211102256&path-prefix=de

9 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

9_9

1390880128_740215_0000000000_noticia_nor

Yes, get away from this forum and back to civilization xD

“Why was the math book always alone? Because it had too many problems to solve on its own!“ -Claude 3 Opus

4 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

9_9

This in incorrect.  You are in fact imagining everything.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

verb (used with object),im·ag·ined, im·ag·in·ing.

1) to form a mental image of (something not actually present to the senses).

2) to think, believe, or fancy:

So I'm not imagining "everything" if what is present to the senses is included in "everything."

So no, you're incorrect.

7 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

verb (used with object),im·ag·ined, im·ag·in·ing.

1) to form a mental image of (something not actually present to the senses).

2) to think, believe, or fancy:

So I'm not imagining "everything" if what is present to the senses is included in "everything."

So no, you're incorrect.

You're imagining EVERYTHING.

Edited by vibv

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

12 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Don't waste your time with him. Sea Monster is God who doesn't want to awaken. He hasn't even broken through what existence and non-existence is. He still errects a barrier. Notice how he says its not this but its that...lol duality. He doesn't realize that it's both! Non-existence is existence, and existence is non-existence. So it's not an either or thing.

He doesn't realize that if all of existence blanked out....that would be equal to existence being here. He still thinks existence is qualia, his sensations...he hasn't yet awoken to existence being the lack of sensations.....let him play around with this nonsense.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

9 hours ago, vibv said:

You're imagining EVERYTHING.

You're imagining that I'm imagining everything.

You guys fail at basic logic and language comprehension.

4 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

You're imagining that I'm imagining everything.

You guys fail at basic logic and language comprehension.

Makes no difference. We're not fundamentally different from each other.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

“Help! I’ve left the forum and I can’t get up!”

“Why was the math book always alone? Because it had too many problems to solve on its own!“ -Claude 3 Opus