Zedman

Russell Brand is being accused of rape

681 posts in this topic

@Yimpa

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

It’s amazing to consider that everything Russell Brand has been projecting about the system is identical to his own psyche. 

But let’s not deviate into spiritual territory to much and go back to talking about rape (which is a serious issue).

Isn't the projecting about the system is identical to his own psyche more psychological than spiritual, or vice versa?

If kharma or incarnation/reincarnation exists, is this a karmic effect of Russel Brand's evil actions? A self fulfilling prophecy?

Rape, in the legal and moral sense is a serious issue and clearly a wrong to me, but let's deviate briefly and talk about the spiritual territory, like having sex with incubi/succubae, demonic sex, or even rough sex role plays. What are your takes on these, and sex fantasies involving rape?

@Sucuk Ekmek

1 hour ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

This is stupid. People taking laws for granted. Existance of laws only benefit certain people. More the power you have more the benefit you get from laws. Its a meaningless game, it's like  traffic lights in a GTA game...

Plus law is not a serious pursue there might be tens of unnoticed rapers in one courtroom but this is not what law cares about. Anyways...

We should judge Russell according to his spiritual growth, and If we find hım guilty his punishment should be for his benefit, because it is most likely only the people like him are able to  realize his wrong doing and come to conclusion. After that he would gladly accept his sentence, this would benefit both society and criminal.

He is a very good case!

Judging from that short clip, and his body language, he likely won't come to accept the consequences, even if proven guilty. A great charisma, personality, and persuasion rhetoric and success /=/ spiritual growth and integrity.

*Rapists, not rappers.

@Danioover9000 I personally expected his response to be much more bengin considering his spiritual tendencies. I expected him to say something along the lines of "I was an addict who did many stupid things. I might engaged in sexually inappropriate behaviors. I would like to sit with these women and discuss the details of the incidents".

I was quite surprised with the super defensive video he released. I don't follow his content tbh, maybe he is always like this.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

I was about to share a profound insight I had about my own experience with rape, but I’ll share it with my therapist tomorrow instead. 

And, yes, upon further contemplation I realize that I do, in fact, have a direct experience of what rape is. It’s no laughing matter.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

41 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Danioover9000 I expected him to say something along the lines of "I was an addict who did many stupid things. I might engaged in sexually inappropriate behaviors. I would like to sit with these women and discuss the details of the incidents"

That's one way to instantly end your career. 

How would you have responded in his situation? 

48 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Danioover9000 I personally expected his response to be much more bengin considering his spiritual tendencies. I expected him to say something along the lines of "I was an addict who did many stupid things. I might engaged in sexually inappropriate behaviors. I would like to sit with these women and discuss the details of the incidents".

I was quite surprised with the super defensive video he released. I don't follow his content tbh, maybe he is always like this.

You have the worst takes by far in this thread.

@Butters @Raze Ironically, this attitude might give him a chance to make amends or pay compensation if he knows he assaulted some women in his dirty past. But now with his attitude and  if rape is confirmed, he will go straight to jail. 

Edited by LSD-Rumi

4 hours ago, Butters said:

That's one way to instantly end your career. 

How would you have responded in his situation? 

If I was a drug addict in my past and I knew that I might have raped someone in those years, this would be my response. At least I won't come out in that way and start saying it is all a conspiracy to hunt me down.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

3 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Butters @Raze Ironically, this attitude might give him a chance to make amends or pay compensation if he knows he assaulted some women in his dirty past. But now with his attitude and  if rape is confirmed, he will go straight to jail. 

Kevin Spacy was just found innocent a month or 2 ago for worst crimes. His victums were all underaged men whom didnt even have a relationship with him while the women with Brand had a consensual relationship and slept many times together.  The statutes of limitations make it hard to be convicted because its going to be his word against hers and in the court of law, especially since it happened so long ago.  As long as there is some doubt, the court will favor Brand.  Even Michael Jackson was never convicted for the same reason.    

Edited by Tanz

10 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Sucuk Ekmek

Judging from that short clip, and his body language, he likely won't come to accept the consequences, even if proven guilty. A great charisma, personality, and persuasion rhetoric and success /=/ spiritual growth and integrity.

*Rapists, not rappers.

I don't know, that is the point; it is up to his integrity and spiritual being not the enforcement of law.

And this is not only about him, this is also about the things he stands for. We either be responsible or be ruled by central forces. A bit ironic given his status.

*Thanks, I don't remember how I write my previous post. Haha that is a great example of being responsible.

6 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I agree with you, ultimately this is not a criminal case 'yet'. So if Brand is as loving and awakened as he claims he would at least accept the possibility that he could've acted in a way that hurt others during his drug and sex addicted days, especially something like the 16 year old who, just her very age is extremely suspect. 

If he was truly awakened he would come out with something like 'although my actions weren't technically illegal I know I hurt these women etc'. The fact that he is just blaming people out to get him is actually more in line with narcissism and actions of a cult leader because he's only speaking to his die hard followers. 

It's a shame because he has shown growth since the days these actions happened but he obviously still has some deeper need for fame and adulation that is still active. 

7 minutes ago, Consept said:

It's a shame because he has shown growth since the days these actions happened but he obviously still has some deeper need for fame and adulation that is still active. 

Maybe the whole growth thing is mostly bullshit, and he's just jumped onto a popular emerging thing within the western culture and sees it as a chance to make some money. Away from the likes of the BBC / Channel 4 etc.

Edited by Alex M

5 minutes ago, Alex M said:

Maybe the whole growth thing is mostly bullshit, and he's just jumped onto a popular emerging thing within the western culture and sees it as a chance to make some money. Away from the likes of the BBC / Channel 4 etc.

Potentially that could be the case but he was making videos for a few years without having anywhere near the following he has now, things only really kicked off for him during covid, where he got a lot conspiracy theorists and further right people following, which is why he ponders to that crowd now, he's basically audience captured completely. 

But I think there's been growth in that he's no longer taking drugs and living the lifestyle that he did previously, he's married with kids now I believe. But yeah he's either consciously or unconsciously grifting at this point in terms of his content. 

I wrote a short poem lol. 

Follow Andrew and give all your money to Tate 

Meet Russell and give all your underwear to Brand 

Watch Donald and give your votes to Trump 

Take therapy from Jordan and Peterson will seal your Fate 

(btw, the Brits are a bit, you know what ;);), oops it can sound racist, I better not say). 

@LSD-Rumi

13 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I've followed some of his content, and he's not always this defensive, which is why it's already suspicious, plus him just briefly addressing this rape allegations, and scape goat to the mainstream media doing this psyop, it's an undercover thing, plus stay free and libertarian and all that anti establishment talk talk, already raises alarm bells for me.

20 hours ago, Florian said:

but if that sex trafficker part was your shadow, as he said, you would not have sympathy for him, but be repelled by him. actually fascinating to see how you can be so ignorant. are you doing this on purpose to show people that even their greatest idols can be wrong? cause that is basic shadow work, isnt it?

I don't have a sex trafficker shadow. I just recognize that sex trafficking is a crime and causes needless suffering.

You make it sound like I'm out there hunting sex traffickers with a bow & arrow.

Any decent person understands that what Andrew Tate was doing is deeply unethical and problematic, and should not be allowed in society.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

42 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You make it sound like I'm out there hunting sex traffickers with a bow & arrow.

Don’t give Stallone any ideas for a sixth Rambo installment.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

12 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

At least I won't come out in that way and start saying it is all a conspiracy to hunt me down.

It’s a survival strategy. Eventually he may wisen up and be more honest about what actually happened.

I will believe Russell Brand is innocent until I see real evidence to the contrary.   But this is an interesting case of how someone is convicted by a mob.   It’s the high tech version of lynching.     

Allegations and innuendo =>  mob frenzy reacting to their own imaginations =>  we find him guilty.  

focus attention on the target and cook until done.  Garbage in.  Garbage out.

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Jodistrict How do you explain Russell's own texts apologizing to the allegedly raped girl the next day?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.