Romer02

Trouble sleeping after doing 5MeODMT helped needed.

47 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2023 at 5:58 PM, Romer02 said:

Would you guys say its okay to relax on my life purpose for now because this whole thing is getting a little wild? 

i’m not trying to throw the towel but i just want to have this go a little slower 

being gentle with oneself right now is far more wise than life purpose. I'd be taking a massive break if it's needed. Follow your gut instinct. Some CBD and exercise, maybe a couple beers in the evening with your mates and reconnect. At least that's what I'd imagine myself doing in said scenario. 

I would be careful around this substance and probably recommend not using it again. We have no idea if this is spiritual or something in your brain. There is always risk associated with these substances. Martin Ball basically fried his brain using it, he was not able to sleep for a year or so, and I am not sure if he is any better now. But he took it daily.

The fact that it gives you powerful experiences means it creates powerful changes in the brain. And it is not a drug designed for anything, it's literally just throwing something at your brain and it happens to have certain deconstructive effects. It might as well cause other changes in the brain that are harmful and make it unable to sleep. And maybe it causes certain changes in your brain that it does not cause in others.

Whether or not this is the case, this is a real risk that you should consider. You could destroy your brain with these substances, especially if they are less researched.

Glory to Israel

@Scholar please dont spread false Information. Martin Ball had deep sleep issues before taking 5 meo dmt. He said his sleep Issue has nothing to do with 5 meo dmt. 

Shure there are these reactivations happening but they are short events which happens when the body feels save to work with these energys (normally if you are going to sleep) and are not linked to being awake for days/weeks. 

11 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Scholar please dont spread false Information. Martin Ball had deep sleep issues before taking 5 meo dmt. He said his sleep Issue has nothing to do with 5 meo dmt. 

Shure there are these reactivations happening but they are short events which happens when the body feels save to work with these energys (normally if you are going to sleep) and are not linked to being awake for days/weeks. 

I don't think his sleep issues were unrelated to his 5-MeO-DMT intake, and I do not think we can just dismiss such risks.

You have no clue if these are reactivations, some spiritual mumbo jumbo, or his brain structures being altered in dysfunctional ways. People need to stop pretending they know what they are talking about, in my opinion.

Glory to Israel

@Scholar You can have your own speculations about this case but don't write as if it would be a fact. Because it is not a fact that 5 meo had anything to do with Martin balls sleep Problem. 

11 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Scholar You can have your own speculations about this case but don't write as if it would be a fact. Because it is not a fact that 5 meo had anything to do with Martin balls sleep Problem. 

Well, whether or not it is a fact we don't know. I strongly suspect his usage of the substance was related to the episode of problems he had at that time.

Either way, my greater point still stands that there is a risk involved and that these substances do cause changes in the brain.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

@Scholar Again, you can have your speculations, no problem. Just claim next time that these are your thoughts about this case and not a fact. 

There is a degree of spreading  misinformation vs sharing your own view on this and you crossed the line here on writing polemic misinformation. So I hope you got this. 

13 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Scholar Again, you can have your speculations, no problem. Just claim next time that these are your thoughts about this case and not a fact. 

There is a degree of spreading  misinformation vs sharing your own view on this and you crossed the line here on writing polemic misinformation. So I hope you got this. 

Well, if we were to enforce spreading misinformation, or framing ones own views as fact, I think most the posts in this thread would have to be removed. But sure, I will be more careful around such claims in the future.

What is troublesome to me is that noone in here even cautioned this person to be more careful around using this substance, even though their reaction to it is definitely abnormal.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

@Scholar that might be right, but you crossed the line so that I as moderator need to correct. 

Just to clear things up:

• No, Martin Ball did not used 5 meo daily, he took it to his peak time several times a week. Over years he did 1000 of trips (I dont know must be over 8000 times, because he had around 8000 sessions where he took it). Before his sleep issues there is no Information if he used 5 meo at all. Thats just speculation
  • There is no evidence that Martin Ball fried his brain from 5 meo dmt. He said his sleep problem were there before taking 5 meo and there is no link to his usage (you can believe him or not but that's the information) 
  • No He did not have sleep problems for a year. it were several weeks without sleep. He is fine now by the way

In my opinion if 5 meo really caused the  sleep Issue of Martin Ball , it would happen earlier and not suddenly after taking 5 meo over 8000 times. So I believe Martin Ball that there is no link to it - especially if he had this sleep problems before taking any substances. In my opinion, his sleep problems were linked to his private problems (his wife left him in the year of his sleep problems so that might be a clue) 

Edited by OBEler

49 minutes ago, Scholar said:

What is troublesome to me is that noone in here even cautioned this person to be more careful around using this substance, even though their reaction to it is definitely abnormal.

To be careful when taking 5 meo is pretty common sense. Do you think he was not careful enough taking this substance? 

These activations can happen no matter how careful you are.. 

41 minutes ago, OBEler said:

To be careful when taking 5 meo is pretty common sense. Do you think he was not careful enough taking this substance? 

These activations can happen no matter how careful you are..

I don't know if he is careful, in general this forum seems to view caution and common sense as secondary. I don't think we can just assume his phenomena are activations. It could be anything.

Glory to Israel

@Scholar it is not secondary in this forum, if the thread starter clearly was not careful with using this substance. But it seems he did all right

But yeah you should know that for taking psychedelics, you must be careful. It was said often enough here in this forum and is also in the disclaimers. It is also common sense that you inform yourself about this . Therefore that doesnt need to be mentioned in every thread over and over again. 

Edited by OBEler

On 9/11/2023 at 9:37 AM, Sidra khan said:

Loving alone is the root bottom cause of all issues. You need a wife and kids.

r u that Indian girl who had 25k posts here and some problems? this is very stupid comment, you are telling unknown person to get married when he had difficult psych experience???

Question: I am unable to sleep due to excess Kundalini energy when I lay down despite being tired, how can I get some rest?

Answer: The reason the energy is coursing more through the body right when you lay down is because the body mind is relaxed. When one is in this semi sleep relaxation state, kundalini flows most efficiently.

The flow further excites the whole nervous system and there is excessive prana, which implies a speeding up and increase of hormonal production, or a susequent fatique of hormonal glands and decrease in production of both hormones and neurochemicals.

The awakening of kundalini often disrupts the production of melatonin or creates excess in some cases, the intense inner fire and the light generated from the charged kundalini often disrupt sleep cycle and circadian rhythm.

To assist the nervous sytem to calm down and produce ample melatonin, one should sit for meditation during the early morning as well as evening twilight phases. This circulates the energy so it wont attempt to charge up when you are relaxing for sleep, give it enough time to circulate as well as ground during the day instead.

Other factors would be to use herbs that help calm the nervous sytem and help in production of melatonin. Below is a list of plants that can be used.

Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Chamomile, Tagara, Valerian, Jatamansi Sarpagandha, shankhpushpi, Ashitaba.

One must also understand the shakti will possibly keep one on fire burning many nights, such is this force of transformation, it demands absolute surrender and even letting go sleep sometimes. It should be seen as a complete rewiring of the entire being, and what may eventually emerge is a bodymind that does not require long hours of sleep.

Hope u find something useful 

17 hours ago, blackchair said:

this is very stupid comment, you are telling unknown person to get married when he had difficult psych experience???

Maybe she just wanted to ask indirectly if he is single.

Edited by shree

23 hours ago, shree said:

Maybe she just wanted to ask indirectly if he is single.

we had this user here Pretty India with 25k posts (bigger then Leo) she was a lot and this comment reminded me of her, maybe I'm wrong, i hope I'm wrong.....

2 minutes ago, blackchair said:

we had this user here Pretty India with 25k posts (bigger then Leo)

He has almost 46k

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

21 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

He has almost 46k

do you honestly think I have a time or energy to remember exact number of post of one crazy person or Leo's number? idgaf

6 hours ago, blackchair said:

we had this user here Pretty India with 25k posts (bigger then Leo) she was a lot and this comment reminded me of her, maybe I'm wrong, i hope I'm wrong.....

6 hours ago, Yimpa said:

He has almost 46k

Leo confirmed @Preety_India (who actually has 37k posts) to having 10 duplicate accounts, and who knows how much she's been posting in those over the years. @Tyler Robinson who another user confirmed was a duplicate already has over 7k.

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus