jd1279

Life without video games

21 posts in this topic

Over my life I have consumed a great amount of media content (films, TV, music), however, the one medium I have no experience of is video games. My family never got into them and I couldn't be bothered to ask my parents for an XBox or whatever for Christmas. I know that video games are a major part of people's childhood and teenage years, so I'd like to ask all the gamers on this forum: am I missing much?

16 minutes ago, Phil King said:

Just play Minecraft and Skyrim and youre basically set for life

Lol ?

@jd1279 I am in a bit of a similar situation, even though I've played some games in the past. There are some really good games that I want to play and I feel like I will miss out a bit if I don't

My life got better when I stopped playing entirely. Haven’t played anything in months. However It’s not a bad medium, I just can’t have balance with it.

2 hours ago, jd1279 said:

Over my life I have consumed a great amount of media content (films, TV, music), however, the one medium I have no experience of is video games. My family never got into them and I couldn't be bothered to ask my parents for an XBox or whatever for Christmas. I know that video games are a major part of people's childhood and teenage years, so I'd like to ask all the gamers on this forum: am I missing much?

Why ask the forum? Just go download a game and find out whether you're missing anything lol. I'm sure you own a computer of some sort. You don't need an xbox console.

On 8/29/2023 at 10:30 PM, jd1279 said:

No you are not missing out, in fact, if you are still young, better get into something more tangible and social like music, painting, video editing, wood crafting, 3D printing, theater, sports, dancing, camping etc. unless you want to create/program video games, there is not much point and it will make you waste a lot of the time, but it can be fun, as the other things I mentioned are, but these other skills will develop you into a well rounded, practical and social human being that will serve to your advantage.

Edited by Applegarden8

On 8/30/2023 at 0:49 AM, thepixelmonk said:

Why ask the forum? Just go download a game and find out whether you're missing anything lol. I'm sure you own a computer of some sort. You don't need an xbox console.

This is a self-dev forum, good to ask how many ppl play and how beneficial it is for people that want to build their life, it's good he is asking.

Play some Tetris.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Call of duty was a massive part of my childhood, I have so many amazing memories with the friends that I made on there, sadly we’ve all grown up and don’t speak anymore.

I still play to this day though, and trust me, you don’t want the smoke.:ph34r:

It’s a fun hobby, just don’t let it get in the way of the rest of your life, with the technology and advancements that are available now like UE5, the gaming experience can be unbelievably good.

Edited by Francis777

@Francis777 what about Halo?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Francis777 Yep, Halo multiplayer was my childhood.

Nothing. If you want to play fps, just play badminton, tennis, or airsoft. If you want to play RPG games, just hangout with different friend groups or do pickup. If you want fighting games, just do boxing/mma(no sparring). Video games are too fucking addicting and then you feel guilty afterwards. If you're disabled, then go ahead play video games, but if you're not, just do the real thing. 

Completely unrelated but I just want to tell you to be careful flirting with girls who are still wearing face masks, because they might disappoint you. From an 8 to a 4 as soon as that mask is off.

Edited by EdgeGod900

God likes to cosplay as a human O.o xDxD

We are right now in the dark ages of Video game industry (games without soul, no love in it, copy paste/ cheap less risky, makes more money than invention, young Generation easy to satisfy with x xx call of duty games ) 

You dont miss anything (only zelda games on switch) 

Edited by OBEler

7 hours ago, OBEler said:

We are right now in the dark ages of Video game industry (games without soul, no love in it, copy paste/ cheap less risky, makes more money than invention, young Generation easy to satisfy with x xx call of duty games ) 

Baldur's Gate refutes this statement. The game is a piece of art.

@Israfil there are rare exceptions like dark souls but Overall the video game industry is since 2007 destroyed. World of warcraft was the last game

The gamers have changed, games became more populär so a game like gta will be produced for Millions of people. A lot of money goes now into game production. It must be save to sell, no risk for Innovation anymore. 

18 hours ago, EdgeGod900 said:

Completely unrelated but I just want to tell you to be careful flirting with girls who are still wearing face masks, because they might disappoint you. From an 8 to a 4 as soon as that mask is off.

Bruh

beep boop

The good old days on D1

Love is the λόγος' of humanity. The very important thing is to Love all flora and fauna of all kinds of species that inhabit the environment. Whether you call it Mother Earth or Gaia etc." To love all beings in the world and Universe with unconditionally Love and unbiased. Humanity doesn't mean only love it includes compassion peace and being kind generous to one another and non-judgmental and having more respect for others, especially your elders. Trying to always see the best in people. Being more authentic and more genuine and having moral integrity and values. Try to think for yourselves somewhere along the way humans have lost the ability to independent thought. Forgive all, especially yourselves, and always speak well of everyone because you never know what they're going through or have been through. Always be there for your family and friends and above all just be you and recognize and embrace your individuality, your own unique beautiful self. Try and love yourself a bit more every day and never stop dreaming or using your wonderful human Imagination.❤♾❤?    

@DefinitelyNotARobot I kinda wanna tell her straight up that she looked uglier than i expected, but its kinda a dick move. Though I actually might say it to her, because she "mask-fished" the hell out of me. An eye for an eye ... namsayin!?!?

Edited by EdgeGod900

God likes to cosplay as a human O.o xDxD