jdc7733

Politics is just a load of bs.

25 posts in this topic

The world has evolved past the need for politicians. I think we should just like get rid of social hierarchies and people voluntarily work, for no pay, but, pretty much everything is free or you have to make it yourself, like in tribes. Morals would be based on social contract. People could have a simple life, food would be produced locally. Okay, I'm getting into politics again now, but, only as an anarchist. Then again, it's kind of a pipe dream. I at least don't think you should have to work to live. There's a city where there's no money or laws, and, it's going great. Why can't it be like that everywhere?

2 minutes ago, jdc7733 said:

There's a city where there's no money or laws

What city is this? 

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

@Ajax Auroville. I mean, there's to much power to be had in money, so, we won't get rid of it globally.

1 hour ago, jdc7733 said:

The world has evolved past the need for politicians.

Not even close.

It would be wise of you to bother to understand why politics exists and why anarchism does not.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It would be nice if we could implement a nice decentralised transparent protocol for government institutions.

Of course not all govt institutes, but a subset of them

@Leo Gura because money leads to power for the few and excessive advancement of science and technology. That's it. I wouldn't say they reduce chaos. There are communities where there are no leaders (strictly speaking), although they may have guidance, and they are very peaceful.

@Bobby_2021 I suppose then you would be able to live in places that you agree with the rules of.

12 hours ago, jdc7733 said:

The world has evolved past the need for politicians. 

You greatly over estimate the development of the world. Actualized.org members represent a tiny fraction of the most personally developed people on earth (if they actually follow and apply the ideas) and we are lucky to be. But the rest of mainstream society is far underdeveloped even in 1st world countries. My parents who are Catholic think every other religion is evil for example and we live in Canada. 

@jdc7733 Believe what you like, but politics isn't going anywhere anytime soon, certainly not in our lifetime.

You can choose to accept it, ignore it, or just go join one of those anarchist communities.

But whining about it isn't going to do anyone any good, least of all you.

The drive for gain is a motivating factor within the DNA of our species. You can't get rid of capitalism entirely and expect a system to work.  Ask me this:  Why should everything be free? Where in evolution or natural selection does such a system make sense or seem sustainable? Why do we let people with inferior genetics breed? If you feed undeveloped groups of people they tend to breed like rabbits as an example leaving you with a larger problem in a generation down the road. Infinite compassion has it's limits. People don't learn and grow as individuals by being coddled. They tend to appreciate things less that they are given vs what they work for.  Discomfort is a basic requirement for incarnating on this planet. Period.

That said, there's a global cost of living crisis from the top 5% being allowed to buy up all the assets combined with reckless monetary policy (quantitative easing, inflating of the M2 money supplies globally.) There should be a global ban on owning homes as "investments, to turn into rentals." R-1 zoned (or equivalent) real estate should not be allowed to be owned by corporations or rental agencies in any way, shape or form unless it's for the purpose of renovation and immediate resale. AirBNB should not be a thing when it comes to using single family housing as a source. If you are doing it, you are part of the reason for the cost of living crisis going on. I suggest nobody use AirBNB, and don't feed this system by staying in places that should be people's homes.

In reference to the post above mine, religion and government are two sides of the same coin... attempts to control the masses. I recommend the BBC video series "Century of the Self." Anarchism isn't possible due to our nature. People will always form large groups and those large groups will always try to get others to join them and consolidate their power in time. There's no stopping it. It's probably less viable as a system than autocracy or authoritarian systems, which themselves tend to not work due to human nature. You'll never have isolated groups of people minding their own business... not with our genetic makeup. There's always strength in numbers.

Edited by sholomar

Why do 8 years of very time-consuming and stressful medical studies, then do a job that is also time-consuming, with high responsibilities, to earn the same for anyone else ?
Or even simply arduous trades, such as construction trades.

I had a debate in my "economics" class towards the end of high school, the left-wing teacher and some students said that it was cultural conditioning and that the choice of profession could ultimately be a question of "passion ".
Sorry but no, I don't think the majority of people would make choices like that "out of passion", with all their constraints, without having access to privileges in their way of life.

Without going into details, the Marxist paradigm seems to me more viable, that ultimately the problem is not money itself as a tool for distributing production, but rather the ownership of the tools of production and especially of capital in general by an excessively small or even marginal part of the population.

If we want to go in the "social" direction implied by op. :ph34r:

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

11 minutes ago, sholomar said:

The drive for gain is a motivating factor within the DNA of our species. You can't get rid of capitalism entirely and expect a system to work.  Ask me this:  Why should everything be free? Where in evolution or natural selection does such a system make sense or seem sustainable? Why do we let people with inferior genetics breed? If you feed undeveloped groups of people they tend to breed like rabbits as an example leaving you with a larger problem in a generation down the road. Infinite compassion has it's limits. People don't learn and grow as individuals by being coddled. They tend to appreciate things less that they are given vs what they work for.  That said, there's a global cost of living crisis from the top being allowed to buy up all the assets combined with reckless monetary policy (quantitative easing, inflating of the M2 money supplies globally.) There should be a global ban on owning homes as "investments, to turn into rentals." R-1 real estate should not be allowed to be owned by corporations or rental agencies in any way, shape or form unless it's for the purpose of renovation and immediate resale.

And who do you think is being coddled? Society is still supporting those who are rich. Billionaires don't grow their food, make their clothing, or make their own tools. We already sustain certain people to the detriment of others and half of the things we do are not even related to the survival of our race (and of that half, most of them actually threaten our survival). The selection is already artificial and many of the people you call "undeveloped" were explored into undevelopment. The "developed" world is just the part that was willing to enslave other people to their benefit. The majority of wars of the western world was geared toward acquiring or reacquiring the "rights" of such exploitation. Even today, the people that control the most wealth are the ones that use the monopoly of labor to their advantage. The people that run society and assure most of the survival are not the ones being rewarded for it. As I said, it is artificial selection.

26 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Why do 8 years of very time-consuming and stressful medical studies, then do a job that is also time-consuming, with high responsibilities, to earn the same for anyone else ?

I had a debate in my "economics" class towards the end of high school, the left-wing teacher and some students said that it was cultural conditioning and that the choice of profession could ultimately be a question of "passion ".
Sorry but no, I don't think the majority of people would make choices like that "out of passion", with all their constraints, without having access to privileges in their way of life.

Without going into details, the Marxist paradigm seems to me more viable, that ultimately the problem is not money itself as a tool for distributing production, but rather the ownership of the tools of production and especially of capital in general by an excessively small or even marginal part of the population.

Nice comment that complements mine. /\

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

I had a debate in my "economics" class towards the end of high school, the left-wing teacher and some students said that it was cultural conditioning and tha

2 hours ago, sholomar said:

The drive for gain is a motivating factor within the DNA of our species. You can't get rid of capitalism entirely and expect a system to work.  Ask me this:  Why should everything be free? Where in evolution or natural selection does such a system make sense or seem sustainable? Why do we let people with inferior genetics breed? If you feed undeveloped groups of people they tend to breed like rabbits as an example leaving you with a larger problem in a generation down the road. Infinite compassion has it's limits. People don't learn and grow as individuals by being coddled. They tend to appreciate things less that they are given vs what they work for.  Discomfort is a basic requirement for incarnating on this planet. Period.

That said, there's a global cost of living crisis from the top 5% being allowed to buy up all the assets combined with reckless monetary policy (quantitative easing, inflating of the M2 money supplies globally.) There should be a global ban on owning homes as "investments, to turn into rentals." R-1 zoned (or equivalent) real estate should not be allowed to be owned by corporations or rental agencies in any way, shape or form unless it's for the purpose of renovation and immediate resale. AirBNB should not be a thing when it comes to using single family housing as a source. If you are doing it, you are part of the reason for the cost of living crisis going on. I suggest nobody use AirBNB, and don't feed this system by staying in places that should be people's homes.

In reference to the post above mine, religion and government are two sides of the same coin... attempts to control the masses. I recommend@Schizophonia the BBC video series "Century of the Self." Anarchism isn't possible due to our nature. People will always form large groups and those large groups will always try to get others to join them and consolidate their power in time. There's no stopping it. It's probably less viable as a system than autocracy or authoritarian systems, which themselves tend to not work due to human nature. You'll never have isolated groups of people minding their own business... not with our genetic makeup. There's always strength in numbers.

t the choice of profession could ultimately be a question of "passion ".

@sholomar people in some tribes don't have to gain much. If you offer them gifts, they say they don't want it (depending on what it is) because they have everything they need. There will always be groups of people who are greedy, but, we should encourage groups of people who want to create a more balanced world. Alternatively, we could keep going how we are and colonise the universe. Learning and growth is an illusion. How do you even determine who has better genetics? Better genetics for what?

@Schizophonia I would say identity is the main reason for career choice. Most of what the medical industry does doesn't help people.

I guess we are going to keep the government, so, we could make changes to agriculture, increase wages for the poor. £96,000,000,00 is roughly how much income tax gets paid per month in the UK. There is a country where all food is organic and locally produced, near India (can't remember the name of it), people use more herbal remedies and get less illness.

7 minutes ago, jdc7733 said:

@Schizophonia I would say identity is the main reason for career choice. Most of what the medical industry does doesn't help people.

Fortunately there were doctors all the same, in my case at least.

7 minutes ago, jdc7733 said:

I guess we are going to keep the government, so, we could make changes to agriculture, increase wages for the poor. £96,000,000,00 is roughly how much income tax gets paid per month in the UK. There is a country where all food is organic and locally produced, near India (can't remember the name of it), people use more herbal remedies and get less illness.

Yes, but the economic and sociological situation of a very small country in the Indian subcontinent is not at all the same as the English situation.
I also hope you're not talking about Sri Lankans, because they actually went through a near-revolution recently because of such a policy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Sri_Lankan_protests

An unsuccessful move to prohibit the use of synthetic fertilizer and pesticides also contributed to a major decline in the yields of Sri Lanka's rice and tea industries, which are, respectively, a staple food and major international export.[50][51][52] The drop in tea production from the fertilizer ban alone resulted in economic losses of around $425 million. The ban also contributed to a 20% drop in rice production within the first six months. As a result, Sri Lanka went from being self-sufficient in rice production to having to import rice at a cost of US$450 million.[53]

By 2021, the foreign debt had risen to 101% of the nation's GDP.[54] The incumbent Government of Sri Lanka under president Gotabaya Rajapaksa made continuous cascading policy errors[55] that resulted in a severe economic crisis for Sri Lanka"

full (11).png

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

If a city do not have any laws then I can just go there and take over the place and become a dictator and do whatever I want.

Maybe this is why we need politics and order?

Edited by D2sage

54 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Fortunately there were doctors all the same, in my case at least.

Yes, but the economic and sociological situation of a very small country in the Indian subcontinent is not at all the same as the English situation.
I also hope you're not talking about Sri Lankans, because they actually went through a near-revolution recently because of such a policy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Sri_Lankan_protests

An unsuccessful move to prohibit the use of synthetic fertilizer and pesticides also contributed to a major decline in the yields of Sri Lanka's rice and tea industries, which are, respectively, a staple food and major international export.[50][51][52] The drop in tea production from the fertilizer ban alone resulted in economic losses of around $425 million. The ban also contributed to a 20% drop in rice production within the first six months. As a result, Sri Lanka went from being self-sufficient in rice production to having to import rice at a cost of US$450 million.[53]

By 2021, the foreign debt had risen to 101% of the nation's GDP.[54] The incumbent Government of Sri Lanka under president Gotabaya Rajapaksa made continuous cascading policy errors[55] that resulted in a severe economic crisis for Sri Lanka"

full (11).png

Holy shit. A $1Bi GDP swing must be a hit for Sri Lanka.

Edited by Israfil

14 minutes ago, D2sage said:

If a city do not have any laws then I can just go there and take over the place and become a dictator and do whatever I want.

Maybe this is why we need politics and order?

Yes. But what you described is also politics and order.

When I was on around my 18 to beginning 20s I thought also politics was bs but, after you hit reality of how the system works and how are you influencing also society with your LP if you have one, it is HUGELY important to understand how politics works. 

Politics is necessary but really I don't feel like you need to keep up with it on a daily basis on every little bs. Like does one really need to keep up with the Trump trials and whatnot? I don't see the point. It poisons the mind too much in my view.

I would rather just have a solid theoretical foundation something like the conscious politics series and vote and maybe some broad-strokes level understanding of current events and maybe do some sort of activism I guess if you're really into it(?).