Avanna

Best psilocybin dose to do alone, in your bed, eyes closed?

17 posts in this topic

This is my first post, so hi everyone, it's a pleasure to be here. 

I (31/F) have done shrooms before with friends in varying doses. The most I've done was last December, about 5 grams. It was a very beautiful and insightful experience. I was with my boyfriend. 

I would like to do it for the first time alone now. I want to wear an eye mask, play some solfeggios, and trip for hours by myself in my bedroom. I want to have deep insights and to go deep inside of my mind. I've never covered my eyes before during a trip and I feel like, although nature looks wonderful and surreal on shrooms, my mind and my feelings could give me a much more fulfilling trip, from what I've read. 

So taking into account my previous experience (and the fact that I've already done Ayahuasca, LSD, Salvia, and others), which dose would you recommend? 6 grams, 7?

Try 5g again.

That's a pretty high dose already, no need to constantly up the dose.

Alone and in the dark with potentialize the effects. 

I wouldn't go this far up. I'm pretty sure you get a lot out of 2-3g.

I think you have the right attitude and that will give you juicy insights even at lower doses.

I would take maybe just 2 grams via lemon tek and wear a mask with some music and ask the mushroom to show me something I need to know. If you take this attitude the mushroom will show you what you need to know at this time. 

Or just observe your mind and see that it is a mechanical thing, then the illusion disappears. You could also just go inside and see that things appear in you and be the space in which the vibrations appear. You could also just let things come up and see what happens. :)

I hope I could help.

Have a nice trip and take care.

Edited by Starlight321

Welcome to the forum! :) I wish I could give a good advice, you’ve done Ayahuasca and Salvia which I would consider “intenser experiences” compared to shrooms but if you upper your dose on them it could get to those substance’s levels. Idk if Gabor Maté have some reports in details about heroic doses but he talks about it briefly (over 7g+), not alone tho.

For me, I think the highest I could go is around 3-4g, I’ve been higher up to 5g but it gets wacky af, idk if I get enough insights from that experience. 

Edited by Juan

Thanks for your replies friends, I think from what I'm gathering I should do between 2-4 grams.

I agree @Juan, at 5g it starts to get wacky and perhaps there'd be too much mind noise to get any fully-formed insights. 

3 seems to be ideal!

nothing wrong with 5 grams. sure its wacky but there is more potential for very deep insights. 

Start with 2 grams.  Then wait for 90 minutes.  Then based on your intuition at that time take nothing more, a half serving (1 gram) or a full (2 grams).   If you take the full, that is a total of 4 grams.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

I took 1,2 g and were in the void for infinity. I don't understand how you can suggest 4-5g?
Am I supersensitive?

1 hour ago, bensenbiz said:

I took 1,2 g and were in the void for infinity. I don't understand how you can suggest 4-5g?
Am I supersensitive?

Its possible yes you are sensitive but her 4-5g could of been weak. This is the issue with growing psychedelics is you dont know the potency and if you get it wrong and you take 5g of a very strong batch you going to have a insane experience. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

1 hour ago, integral said:

Its possible yes you are sensitive but her 4-5g could of been weak. This is the issue with growing psychedelics is you dont know the potency and if you get it wrong and you take 5g of a very strong batch you going to have a insane experience. 

That's why it makes sense to take it in two separate doses.  Take a portion and then wait to see what happens.  Then trust your intuition to take the second portion.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Please remember it is unpredictable. Anywhere from 3 grams and up can tear reality and send you to the moon or to hell. Be prepared to self soothe or pace or wait for 3 hours to peak and then try to salvage the trip. Can you notify some friends you may call or text them in crisis? Can you get a trip sitter? Fireside Project has a support line which you can use.

A heroic dose in the dark with earbuds and an eye mask can really amplify the trip. You travel inward. You are immersed in the oceanic boundlessness.

Each trip can be incredibly different. The mush lures you into a false sense of security and then takes a hard left turn. Respect the mush. :)

5g was too much for me in the dark maybe if I didn’t lemon tech it 

@Soul Flight I guess you have to be ready to go through immense suffering and death. But that's not a bad thing. This isn't for those who want to dip their toes in the water anyway.

5 g dried or fresh shrooms? Can you tell? 

Welcome to the forum!