FlyingLotus

The Ketamine and Dissociatives Mega-Thread

44 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, OBEler said:

Girlfriend took high dose of keta (30 mg snorted, 60 mg plugged) to find out why she is depressed.

Trip didn't care about her questions.she went deeper than any 5 Meo breakthrough trip. Beyond the cosmos.

Everything is in balance. That's all she can say. Everything else is unspeakable.

Next day: depressed again.

Been there. I had many mind-blowing psychedelic trips, then depression came back in a few days.

She needs something to sustain her mood. Some depressive disorders have a significant biological factor with minor psychological causes behind them.

Does she take any anti-depressants?

@LSD-Rumi nope no anti depressants.

She is too sensitive these drugs have nasty side effects 

I cannot see that high dose Ketamin helps with depression after this trip. Maybe in some month she will take a. lower dose again to get more practical insights out of the trip

Edited by OBEler

49 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@LSD-Rumi nope no anti depressants.

She is too sensitive these drugs have nasty side effects 

I cannot see that high dose Ketamin helps with depression after this trip. Maybe in some month she will take a. lower dose again to get more practical insights out of the trip

Moderate doses doing regulary is better.

@OBEler Microdosing mushrooms didn't work either?

Edited by LSD-Rumi

47 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Moderate doses doing regulary is better.

@OBEler Microdosing mushrooms didn't work either?

She is not into microdosing. We tried it some days out but results are too subtitle on mushrooms. I think it helps a bit for sure.

A normal mushroom trip however had good outcomes. 

6 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Been there, done that. Ketamine made me paranoid I had brain cancer for months. I had to face hell so I can overcome it. Did you really think the spiritual path was all rainbows and sunshine? Think again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/newjersey/s/HwCd2cGYUQ

All I have done is state that it is a potentially dangerous product, and that I prefer alternatives.
It's great if it worked for you, I didn't say otherwise.

Sorry about the brain cancer, are you better? Have you had surgery?

The devil is in the details.

4 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Sorry about the brain cancer, are you better? Have you had surgery?

I never got it. It was a convincing story that I fell for for a while. I experienced immense horror and insanity so that I could learn how my mind works, how it makes things up, and how I, too, hurt other people with my ignorance. 

A great quote from @cetus

The silver lining of all of this is you can learn how to use your mind properly and be in touch with your heart more openly, but it won’t come easily. Psychedelics (or any other powerful tool) can point you in the right direction, but will you open that door and walk through it willingly and on your own?

Edited by Yimpa

Why did the snake need glasses? Because it had a reptile dysfunction!

I love me some dissos from time to time.

Their greatest strength IMO is the breaking of thought patterns. It feels like a reset of sorts. But don't take them when you're in the middle of developing beneficial habits or something like that.

Edited by vibv

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

I recently tried my highest dose of ketamine yet. It was 45mg IM, which is equivalent to about 90mg intranasal. The experience started to dip into the dissociative psychedelic realms I've heard so much about. Things got very dreamy and I could feel my mind being freed from my body, which opened up a lot of potential. It was overall more interesting than I expected, and an avenue of exploration that seemed relevant to authentic spiritual practice.

The one major issue was the comedown. I don't mean a hangover, because I was pretty much at 100% the next day. But for about 8 hours after it'd worn off, I had this crushing headache sensation in my brain. It was bad enough to where the use of ketamine wouldn't be worth it for me. I just don't need that kind of self-induced physical discomfort at this point in my life.

Anyone else get strong headaches after dissociative drugs? Any known way to avoid it besides abstinence? I scoured Reddit, and tons of people have the same issue, but I didn't see any good solutions.

Posted (edited)

@What Am I That's not merely a matter of discomfort. You could seriously injure your brain if you keep doing that.

Pay attention to the signals your body is sending you.

A good solution is to change to a different chemical which doesn't cause you such obvious pain.

Ketamine is not a very pure or healthy chemical to begin with.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@What Am I That's not merely a matter of discomfort. You could seriously injure your brain if you keep doing that.

Pay attention to the signals your body is sending you.

That's solid advice, thanks. With the severity of the sensation, I'd agree it was a strong indicator from my body to stop now and don't do it again. Like touching a hot stove lol.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

A good solution is to change to a different chemical which doesn't cause you such obvious pain.

Ketamine is not a very pure or healthy chemical to begin with.

This is definitely where my mind is leaning. When chems like 5-MeO-DMT and DMT exist, it's hard to justify using anything that could be considered inferior, and especially something potentially more harmful.

Edited by What Am I

40 minutes ago, What Am I said:

That's solid advice, thanks. With the severity of the sensation, I'd agree it was a strong indicator from my body to stop now and don't do it again. Like touching a hot stove lol.

I did keta only once and got headaches in the comedown. It was manageable but noticable.

Plugged 60 mg.

4 minutes ago, OBEler said:

I did keta only once and got headaches in the comedown. It was manageable but noticable.

Plugged 60 mg.

At least in theory based on known ROA bioavailability figures, 60mg plugged would be ~15mg IM. When I tried a few lower doses, I noticed the headache those times as well, but it was more manageable as you said. It seems to get worse as the dosage increases, which certainly sucks, but it does make sense.

The reason why ketamine works so well for suicidal people is because a high enough dose of ketamine will have you face-to-face with death, thus making you start to appreciate life even more. Used properly, ketamine is not addictive and you will, in fact, not want to touch it again. 

Why did the snake need glasses? Because it had a reptile dysfunction!

I have used Ketamine 1000+ times, and have many friends who were addicted to it. The problem is that it can lead to a complete disocciating and numbing to life, which isn't conducive in the long term. My favourite thing in the world became 0.5g of ketamine and half a bottle of rum, going deep into the k hole 

I can see how using it for short periods for specific purposes could be beneficial. It does seem to have a good capacity to reset or relief built up psychological tension.

I actually prefer ketamine to psychedelics for sure in terms of just enjoyment, way less scary to me. Psychedelics/enthegeons produce absolutely terrorfying experiences, that seem more holistic in the long run, the opposite of escapism.

3-HO-PCP is an amazing dissociative. So multifaceted, some of my best trips have been with it. It's also cheap and relatively harmless. 

1 minute ago, LambdaDelta said:

3-HO-PCP is an amazing dissociative. So multifaceted, some of my best trips have been with it. It's also cheap and relatively harmless. 

Are you a connoisseur of dissociative RCs? I'd love to hear what's good from someone who has a similar spiritual understanding, as you'd probably appreciate the same qualities. I've only used ketamine, and like I posted a few posts up, it gives me a pretty gnarly headache. Though I did really like the experience.

13 minutes ago, What Am I said:

Are you a connoisseur of dissociative RCs? I'd love to hear what's good from someone who has a similar spiritual understanding, as you'd probably appreciate the same qualities. I've only used ketamine, and like I posted a few posts up, it gives me a pretty gnarly headache. Though I did really like the experience.

I've done my fair share of them, yes. 7 or 8 different ones perhaps. Combining them with tryptamines can yield some really amazing results, the experience becomes more relaxed. Distant yet present, Even out in public this is useful, for things like social anxiety or observation. 3-HO is my favorite, after that DMXE (that's the one best combined with stuff, as it's milder. 3-HO is super strong on its own). O-PCE and 2F-DCK are most like ketamine, one is just more potent and the other weaker. Otherwise nearly identical even in smell. This chem profile is I think more prone to nausea/headaches, which your experience corroborates. 3-MeO-PCE and 3-ME-PCPy aren't fit for spiritual stuff imo, too manic/stimulating. MXiPr is a bit of everything, possibly similar in DMXE in that it'll shine in combinations. 

I'll paste some half-baked excerpts/descriptions from my old writings:

(about DMXE with 4-HO-MET)

Very clean and blissful, pure calm & being. Never felt so at ease in my life. Calmness = confidence; everything will be all right no matter what happens. Tried to shit-test this with various horror story scenarios the mind makes up, test passed, the devilry was unable to disturb my being. Insight: God is an immovable object grounded so deeply in reality that it is reality itself. It cannot be fazed by the devil's tricks, and at some point, the devil realizes the futility of its efforts, which puts it on a path to becoming God.

(about 3-HO-PCP)

At the doses I take it fucks with motor function, but even if you could walk normally you wouldn't wanna leave the bed. As to why I love it, it's very multifaceted. Can be warm, making me feel immensely at peace. Nothing like artificial high of opis that just overload the receptors to oblivion, it's a much more metaphysical experience, you realize the universe is completely perfect. The dissociation is so strong my identity gets totally dissolved, a form of ego death. As a consequence I'm filled with love for all beings, as I'm no longer attached to a limited and biased human self. At the opposite end, it can also be intense as hell, my best description for that would be something like a dense bolt of pure consciousness beamed thru me. Very much a "what the fuck just happened" type of thing. Getting these aspects on back to back trips has been incredible, like a complete amalgamation of all my trips thus far.

Dissociation becomes so deep you get lost for hours on end in vivid dreams which are nested, sort of like in Inception. Wake up from one only to move up a single layer. Total mindfuck and I absolutely love it. Recently just from some background YouTube talks I was led down a spiral that left me totally convinced I was Gus Fring for several hours.

29 minutes ago, LambdaDelta said:

I've done my fair share of them, yes. 7 or 8 different ones perhaps. Combining them with tryptamines can yield some really amazing results, the experience becomes more relaxed. Distant yet present, Even out in public this is useful, for things like social anxiety or observation. 3-HO is my favorite, after that DMXE (that's the one best combined with stuff, as it's milder. 3-HO is super strong on its own). O-PCE and 2F-DCK are most like ketamine, one is just more potent and the other weaker. Otherwise nearly identical even in smell. This chem profile is I think more prone to nausea/headaches, which your experience corroborates. 3-MeO-PCE and 3-ME-PCPy aren't fit for spiritual stuff imo, too manic/stimulating. MXiPr is a bit of everything, possibly similar in DMXE in that it'll shine in combinations.

Very cool, thanks much. Now starts the heavy research lol. I'm already seeing a ton of agreement with you on those two being awesome.

@Oppositionless do kriya yoga on dxm i literally slingshotted me into cessation but dxm is bad and as a matter of fact what do u guys think of dxm i def have been there doing a lot of that!

3 hours ago, funkychunkymonkey said:

@Oppositionless do kriya yoga on dxm i literally slingshotted me into cessation but dxm is bad and as a matter of fact what do u guys think of dxm i def have been there doing a lot of that!

To my knowledge DXM more on the unhealthy side than most stuff, especially when it's in cough syrup. People tend to use it because they don't have access to anything better, much like DPH

Kriya on a psychedelic sounds fun though, been meaning to try something like that.