r0ckyreed

Feedback on Why Actualized Clips Failed

72 posts in this topic

When I first heard Leo was going to hire an editor to make another channel to reduce the big content into smaller clips, I thought he was going to do something like what Focus Shift Media did. But instead, all that was really done was cutting clips of the original video. I mean, that is good and all, but you are forgetting to engage all the senses that you can such as visual media. Focus Shift Media did a good job on that. Here are some examples.

Notice the comparison between these two videos below. This is why I think Focus Shift Media content is more successful than the content from Actualized Clips. Notice the difference in quality. Hire Focus Shift Media to do more of your content. You cannot fail with quality content like that! You're welcome! :) 

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

My editor did a great job with all the clips. That wasn't the issue.

I am never going to sex up my speaking with extra material.

If you cannot handle 5-10 mins of pure speaking then my material is just not for you and I don't want it otherwise. The clips are already a huge concession to those with short attention spans. I will not bend over backwards any further for the Tiktok generation.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Unless there's a monetization aspect I'm not aware of I don't consider the clips channel a failure, at least as a follower from the main channel coming over.

Some of the best tidbits of information I carried with me were from excerpts of episodes I didn't expect e.g. Outrages Experiments on Consciousnesses had a lesson on love which I hadn't picked up on before.  I liked how some ideas from various videos seem to overlap each other and form a bigger picture.

I could already tell it would fail when I saw the first clip on the YouTube channel. 

If you can’t catch the fish, it is not the fault of the fish. You don’t have catchy bait or your content sucks. You have to understand what the fish wants. 

The clips should have been flashy with music and mostly inspirational and motivational. Most people just want a better life. They aren’t into that nerdy and philosophical stuff. 

You helped them with making their life better? Ok then you can introduce more nerdy stuff. That channel was a typical example of a business that makes the business about the owner instead of making it out the customer. 

Edited by StarStruck

Honestly it's because I've watched all your content multiple times, that's why I've never watched the clips channel.

And I think that's the case for your active fanbase. It was like watching a tv episode you've seen before.

Of course you can still juice every episode even more.

IMO you would have a bigger impact and draw in larger following if you focused on finding accurate translators for your full  videos rather than a clips channel in your case.

This way you would be likely to hook new core fans and dont need to whore down for clickbait and gold-fish-attention-span monkes.

There could be someone saying exactly the same things you're saying  in a different language with a different face, making $£¥€ -  and you would most likely never know. I'm just saying the market is there.

Screenshot_2023-06-03-11-14-19-056_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by mmKay

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

I give zero shits about catchy bait.

I will not pander to stupid or lazy people. If someone is too lazy or hare-brained to see insane value in my videos, that is their loss.

Clips channel was never meant to be some massive success. I was justing hoping for it to pay for itself.

I might continue to fund in it the future even at a loss, just for people who like it.

Edited by Leo Gura

I muted the clips channel. Why do you need tid bits when you have watched the whole channel and took notes on it? 

@mmKay AI will be able to translate videos accurately soon. He does not need to invest in translation. 

It did fail based on viewership stats. 

But there are other ways to judge whether it failed or not: Whether the audience likes it or the likes to views ratio etc.

Edited by hyruga

21 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

I muted the clips channel. Why do you need tid bits when you have watched the whole channel and took notes on it? 

I don’t know. Maybe to find and rewatch the clip that you really liked rather than having to flip through the whole video. It’s like rereading a chapter rather than the entire book.

I liked Actualized Clips. I think it is just an algorithm problem right now that some day it will switch around in favor.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

It might have failed as a business or source of income but is great at providing short-form insightful content.

I have no problems with the format of the short videos, but it would be nice to have some kind of categories/playlists in the clips channel too. 

15 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

@Leo Gura I loved your clips channel the second most after the main channel.

Okay, good to hear. Thanks.

I'll probably restart it once I make some more money.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura also I am waiting for the courses and hoping that I would take the mind course if it will be not costly. By the way I was just curious to know that will there be any actualized.org video tomorrow as I am eager to grow along with you on this self actualization journey that started in 2017 when I discovered your channel and started doing the work.

3 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

don’t know. Maybe to find and rewatch the clip that you really liked rather than having to flip through the whole video. It’s like rereading a chapter rather than the entire book.

That's why you take notes.

I am currently developing a giant pdf with all the contents of all the videos.

Edited by Bobby_2021

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Okay, good to hear. Thanks.

I'll probably restart it once I make some more money.

How much money does it take to run this forum annually on average, if I may ask? 

27k subs is not a failure.

However, if I can put my thoughts:

These clips consist of Leo speaking directly to the camera, with little visual content to engage the viewer. This format may not fully realize the video medium and can deter engagement and retention.

It has nothing to do with the speaker. Nowadays, this type of content is suited for Podcasts.

YouTube is a video platform, and people expect and are attracted to visually engaging content. Essentially, these videos are audio tracks. The YouTube algorithm seems to  favor videos that keep users on the platform longer. Short audio clips may not perform as well because of this.

Edited by D2sage

@Leo Gura

I actually enjoy the clips channel quite a bit. I listen to it in the mornings and it’s a great way to get my mind-space ready for the day. Two or three hour long videos are quite a commitment to sit through in their entirety for a lot of people

I absolutely agree with you not pandering to stupid or lazy people. Your clips channel is just fine how it is. It just won’t cater for a much larger market, and that’s fine. 

@D2sage last time I checked he was on apple podcasts. 

"It is from my open heart that I will mirror you, and reflect back to you all that you are:

As a being of love, of energy, 

of passion, and truth."

Just now, toasty7718 said:

@D2sage last time I checked he was on apple podcasts.

What? He needs to do more promotion then  because I never heard of that.