r0ckyreed

Feedback on Why Actualized Clips Failed

72 posts in this topic

@toasty7718 It doesn’t matter what the order… just that if you wanted to watch them all, they’d have to be selected one by one, I’d even use that playlist to randomize each one, cheers.

Sorry to dig this up, but I just want to add my appreciation for the clips channel as it was. I’ve sent a lot of clips to people I know, and it is a great, accessible window into Leo’s work. The clips themselves are really well extracted as standalone videos, and the title card + link indicating the longer video they are from is helpful.

I encourage @Leo Gura to fund it in the future, when he can afford to lose more money on it. Please don’t forget about Actualized Clips Leo!

Leo's content doesn't translate that well into small clips in my opinion. It takes the subconscious mind longer to absorb material you don't want to hear, versus material that strokes your ego and pushes confirmation bias.

It's the difference between a truly neutral news outlet like news nation and a left/right outlet that panders to their audience like most networks. Confirmation bias and echo chambers and sensationalism sell.

Darius M's youtube content gets more views and comments that Corey Waynes, because he panders to his viewer's egos more. Leo generally doesn't, and it takes the subconscious longer to process information, especially hard truths about reality we don't want to hear or believe. It's easier to believe the lie, because the lie makes us feel comfortable.

Edited by sholomar

@sholomar The real problem is that Leo lost a lot of his followers when he went full spiritual. He might have 1 million subscribers but most of them don't actually watch his new content. Leo realistically has less than one hundred thousand real subscribers and the active ones are even less. 

The clip channel realistically represents how popular Leo's content is these days. 

@LSD-Rumi Hes also lacking a key feature, boobs. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@ValiantSalvatore

On 04/06/2023 at 6:31 PM, ValiantSalvatore said:

Same here when I am doing something that does not require active thought.

• Gym running (outside running)
  • Travel 
  • Transit
  • On Psychdelics (at times)
  • Cooking

I do watch the videos more on psychdelics, as the perception enhances the depth of the experience and also shows me at times how deeply you understood reality etc. I enjoy the longer format more, yet at times a short would be very much appreciated, as even 5-10 minutes can be to long, and the moment by moment basis at which I could pick-up a good short has immense value imo. Like the gym examples I posted. It's like a review infield, and a review outside of field that is possible. I feel this would also be better for sharing. I tend to watch the videos at 2x, as I don't enjoy 1x, as I did in the past. It's also recommended for digital learning, when I did a course from Barbara Oakely based on new learning science last year, to watch stuff at 2x, if you can evaluate and analysis it that fast, as well as create understanding and knowledge, especially (paraphrasing here obviously). 

I hope the shorts and clips could dovetail, I am suprised that there are no "offical shorts" I watch at times randomly edited shorts about you, and they can be motivating and sometimes it's just the right message to be heard over and over again. Without explaining it over and over again in a new video for example. For example the 5 minute snippet about what attracts girls is super to keep myself at the edge of introducing that deep change and introducing other changes that make for example "game, psychdelics, high financial abundance" possible. etc. 

Oh no, you're doing the Destiny thing of fast forwarding to 2x. I've tried watching at faster speeds, then normal, then at slower speeds and I've noticed some tradeoffs:

At 2x when I try to remember their voice is like a Mickey Mouse one, and the video feels like I'm listening to a nightcore version of a song. Maybe if you need to be wuicker and crunch in the repetitions if theory then maybe this is fine.

At normal speeds the video experiences remain the same as always, and when I try to remember the details they are exactly the same.

At slower speeds the video experiences are altered, and feels like I'm listening to an anti nightcore music. In this case though, if I'm doing body language analysis, verbal and discourse analysis of a person's reaction and micro expression, it does help to slow down part of that to better soak in that non verbal.

@integral

12 hours ago, integral said:

@LSD-Rumi Hes also lacking a key feature, boobs. 

New idea for Leo's style of video making in the future: similar to podcasts, have a person there, like a hot witch girlfriend, also give her take on some points of a video, and get an interesting back and forth of ideas.

12 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@integral

New idea for Leo's style of video making in the future: similar to podcasts, have a person there, like a hot witch girlfriend, also give her take on some points of a video, and get an interesting back and forth of ideas.

Thats actually a great idea, make a hot witch gf do all the clips. If hes desperate he can use AI to change appearance + voice to be more feminine with a cute outfit

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

-Just make the content more radical and interesting.

-Use the "ta-da" moments.

-Use click bait titles.

-Make YouTube Shorts instead of clips. 

-Make clips that give you activities to do (like meditation, contemplation activities)

@itsadistraction

1 hour ago, itsadistraction said:

-Just make the content more radical and interesting.

-Use the "ta-da" moments.

-Use click bait titles.

-Make YouTube Shorts instead of clips. 

-Make clips that give you activities to do (like meditation, contemplation activities)

Maybe do one of those few music videos. Like he one with the Adolf Hitler clip, and replaced the subtitles on it. Also another video, I think it's the Leo blesses the fetus or something? Those types of content are great for the holidays and down turn periods for when Leo's taking a break from the hours long videos he makes.

@integral

7 hours ago, integral said:

Thats actually a great idea, make a hot witch gf do all the clips. If hes desperate he can use AI to change appearance + voice to be more feminine with a cute outfit

It's not like I'm projecting myself or anything. I actually meant having like this podcast setup, with Leo and his witch GF there in one camera talking back and forth about at least some of the basic self help concepts, maybe the spiritual ones like the paranormal or something more advanced?

Maybe the AI changes might be possible, but then again that feels like a regression because he was changing his thumbnails from those quirky expressions into just AI image like drawings, so further changes into some AI generated voice seems like too much change.

There's probably a better metaphor out there, but I'll stick to this one: Main issue is not the main course that Leo is serving, it's the lack of appetizers, soups or salads before the main course. The Actualized.org clips channel, while it's a good compromise and acts like a reminder of principles in the original videos, doesn't have enough audience capture or enough of a hook. Definitely IMO that front edit software is too stimulating for visuals, so something less than that software would be nice.