r0ckyreed

I’m Too Ambitious and Adventurous To Meditate

100 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Sincerity said:

My mind was shattered and then reborn in a healthier form. Yes, some "long-term issues" in my attitude towards reality were corrected - if that's what You're asking.

That was my question yes.

So much the better. If you manage to keep these achievements over time..

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's fun chasing death, but when death is chasing you, shit gets real ☺️

The worst is not the feeling of impending death, but the conscious fear of what will happen next.
Imagine that your next dream is going to be horrible. 

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

2 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

So much the better. If you manage to keep these achievements over time..

That's the goal. :)

It’s possible to be in such a high state of consciousness that you meditate for 5 mins and understand the nature of reality more than a person who’s been meditating for 50 years daily.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 27/05/2023 at 4:11 PM, r0ckyreed said:

Don’t get me wrong. I do formally meditate. But 10 minutes is all I need. The rest of the day, I am striving to following my ambitions as mindfully as I can.

Your making excuses for your laziness and lack of discipline, 10 minutes a day isn't even worth doing. No reason y you can't live your life fully how you want and do 2 hours a day of spiritual practice. Doesn't have to be meditation as there are way more effective practices out there. 

The spiritual path isn't for everybody though, if your not into it then just forget about it 

On 5/27/2023 at 10:11 AM, r0ckyreed said:

The Jedi meditate, but they do other things too that make them men and women of action and service.

They were literally just sitting and talking out of their ass in The Phantom Menace. They didn’t take action until shit hit and fan.

A very fitting metaphor for every organized religion ever :D

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

3 hours ago, The0Self said:

It’s unacceptable to not understand that skilled meditation is indeed far more pleasurable, just in terms of the absolute intensity of the physical pleasure, than drugs, sex, success, or love.

Gary Weber once said that non-duality has to be better than sex, or else nobody would be meditating :D

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

The worst is not the feeling of impending death, but the conscious fear of what will happen next.

Feeling like you're dying inside a university lecture is pretty horrible xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

????Yes, this fucking dream has been a crazy mess, a labyrinth created by a nice bastard, who wanted to tighten the nuts a little. But It could have tightened them a lot more! Much more! It could have plunged into madness and terror. or not? Yeah, it could have made the game darker, really dark, without any love. Why do you make horrible games without love, you big bastard? They are not funny, they are a gray nightmare. is that funny? We who are really for the awakening are the lucky ones of that game, many others are in the bottom of the pyramid of the suffering. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

????Yes, this fucking dream has been a crazy mess, a labyrinth created by a nice bastard, who wanted to tighten the nuts a little. But I could have tightened them a lot more! Much more! I could have plunged into madness and terror. or not? Yeah, it could have made the game darker, really dark, without any love. Why do you make horrible games without love, you big bastard? They are not funny, they are a gray nightmare. is that funny? We who are really for the awakening are the lucky ones of that game, many others are in the bottom of the pyramid of the suffering. 

Sorry I just felt like posting this hahahaha. I hear You tho, to some extent at least. You forgot what You are.

6 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

You forgot what You are.

Why do you say that? You could be very awakened, i am quite awakened right now, open and without suffering, but i had hard times, seriously, and this is nothing. Just a kiss of kali 

Would you like a little kiss of kali? You will see how nice is it my friend. 

On 28.5.2023 at 8:23 PM, Leo Gura said:

All of Buddhism is a dream and no Buddhist comprehends this, even though they think they do, they don't. I

@Leo Gura

Oh, there are and were plenty who did understand exactly that.... It is called Full Enlightenment. 

How many books did you read on Buddhism/from Buddhism? Which traditions? And to make such a statement "no Buddhist comprehends": Do you know all Buddhists personally? Why not say no Buddhist I know comprehends this....

And did the Supreme Source got declassified as a description of God Realization (Link below) in the meantime by the n+1 next Awakening? And if so, how and why? Just a humble question, I am really curious.

Supreme Source/Kulayarāja Tantra

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kulayarāja_Tantra

That is one of the "bibles" of Dozgchen. Like, many many many aficinados of that text in Tibet & realized beings in the past.

"According to the Tibetologist David Germano, the Kunjed Gyalpo "is the main canonical work of the Great Perfection [Dzogchen] as it emerges from the "dark period" (850 to 1000 C. E.)"

And on Buddhism:

• Which fully enlightened being in his right mind having walked a Buddhist Path to Full Enlightenment would consider himself as "Buddhist"? And like, really believe it? Like "I" am a Buddhist O.o .There probably umteenth different systems to Enlightenment at many Alien-species in the Universe with its billions of planets...
  • And which Buddhist Full Enlightened Realizer would see Buddhism NOT as a dream? Not a single one, see below. For example, check 3 Pillars of Zen, Kapleau, dialogue Harada to Yaeko:
    • Yaeko, [newly fully enlightened] I simply can’t understand why I always made such a to-do about respecting Buddhism or anyone who had attained full enlightenment. Have I been dreaming?
    • Harada Roshi: Dreaming? Certainly. Yet as dreams go in this world it is not the commonplace dream of most but a dream of tremendous and lasting significance, of intense absorption in the Buddha’s Dharma.

And once fully enlightened, often byebye monastery & Buddhism orthodoxy, see below:

"When my master realized the complete extinction of the dualistic mind, his life changed radically. In order to avoid problems with the authorities, as he was certain they would not understand, he left his monastery and retreated to a hermitage, where only a few disciples could find him. I too went to visit him in that wild place. At that time I had not yet received this teaching so I was surprised by his behaviour, but I was not outraged because my faith in him was absolute. I noticed my master did not do any more formal practice and did not even bestow the initiations to which we were accustomed. He continued to give teachings of various kinds, according to his disciples' capacities, however in a style that was much simpler than before. Moreover, on specific occasions he also performed rituals for his disciples but his actions were new and I did not know their meaning.

One fine day I decided to ask the master what his spiritual practice was. He remained silent, perfectly still, staring into my eyes. Under the influence of his silence, I too became silent and entered, for a moment, into a limpid, non-conceptual state. After a while, I heard the master say that that was the direct transmission of the sacred wordless revelation, the teaching beyond scriptures and symbols. "

Mahämudrä and Atiyoga, Giuseppe Baroetto

Lovely book by the way...

And on Buddhism as system to Enlightenment, an analogy:

• If the ideal of Christianity is the Saint... How much Saints did it produce? Quite some. But compared to the Totality of believers, next to none. Horrible and hilariously low success rate. Does Christianity have paths that end up with Sainthood if fully walked? Yes. How many walk the path? See above.
  • If the ideal of Buddhism is the Fully Enlightened Realizer... How much Fully Enlightened did it produce? Quite some. But compared to the Totality of believers/practitioners, next to none. Horrible and hilariously low success rate. Does Buddhism have paths that end up with Full Enlightenmentif fully walked? Yes. How many walk the path? See above.

So is it justified to bash complete Buddhism? 

Why don't you make some nice definitions of what God-Realization is according to your definition, and why that is higher than FULL Enlightenment?

• With emphazis on FULL Enlightenment, in which each and every and possible appearance/arising/separate-self anything is seen as mere appearance/manifestation/illusion/dream IN THAT (One without a second, Absolute, Nothingness), and each and every backgroundstory (history, others, past, spiritual system, separate self-arising, ANYTHING) is seen as dream/mirage/illusion? As dream/mirage/illusion arising here and now, its essence being Nothingness.
  • Not the partial Enlightenments, which are probably 50 times more common than the real thing. In the partial Enlightenments, of course there is still the background-BS-story still active, because the separate-self (even the empty and unity/nondual version of it) still dreams its dream? A more lucid dream, but not woken up yet?
  • The constant similiarity between all FULL Enlightenment descriptions is: ALL is dream, ALL is Lila, ALL is Illusion/mirage, All is show. Lila= Absolute/God/Reality fooling itself to play a little game... And not only ALL of it is a Dream/Fooling oneself, ANY possible n+1 form/arising can only be dreaming/fooling oneself.
  • How can God Realization go "deeper" in understanding the illusion of "how God fools itself" than Full Enligthenment, if in Full Enlightenment each and any concept/feeling-arising, especially deep ones of the separate-anything-self, are seen as fooling oneself? Like in, any possible form at all, n+1?

I mean, we can postpone that discussion until your Course is done & sold.

But at some point it would be really nice to have some substantial feedback on that. And "can't be put into words" doesn't count, Full Enlightenment can also not be put into words. Yet very good pointers can be used, if done so in a smart way. And the concepts/talking can be done up to a quite high altitude of the mountain, shortly below the summit. If done skillfully, and investing the effort. At least, give it a try.

And if you say that can only be understood after umpteenth trips on 5 MeO or whatever... I just would like to ask the reader to watch these three videos, and ask himself in which state he would like to be (and feel) himself? And maybe end up? It is wise to choose ones teachers on how they feel and how happy they are, because one could feel the same after walking their path for 5 years...

(and by the way: How can one be gaslit when all is a dream arising in Suchness?)

or

Not that Adi Da didn't f*** up as Cult-Leader in the words of Ken Wilber (more comments on Adi Da here):

Anyway, no disrespect! I highly value your endeavours up until around the Solipsism Video/Infinity of Gods....  Then it looked like some remains of some identity/separate self were projected on Infinite Absolute Reality/Nothingness, and you didn't get the bliss & love of stable Realization of Impersonal Infinite Consciousness in daily life. but got fascinated by relative/form/manifested-stuff, of the Alien version and the like.

The searching for the camera to capture Alien god because the ones available couldn't capture it.... was a bit worrisome. I really got worried about you.

But still, what counts is the spirit and motivation, and everything before the videos mentioned above was worthy of a true pioneer in these unchartered territories.

In that sense, I am looking forward to an answer from you, preferably of the cool, substantiated and a bit elaborate kind. Doesn't need to be now. If you need to make up your mind about these topics, and if takes months or longer, no problem. Fine with me. 

Thank you, and Namaste!

Water by the River

34 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Supreme Source/Kulayarāja Tantra

This that you quote is wonderful, and you are a genius remembering your October post (!!) and giving level to this forum.

3 hours ago, bobbyward said:

Your making excuses for your laziness and lack of discipline, 10 minutes a day isn't even worth doing. No reason y you can't live your life fully how you want and do 2 hours a day of spiritual practice. Doesn't have to be meditation as there are way more effective practices out there. 

The spiritual path isn't for everybody though, if your not into it then just forget about it 

If 10 minutes isn’t even worth doing, then 2 hours is just a waste. I get more out of my 10 minutes than you may get out of your 2 hours. My whole point is that you need to get off your ass and do other things besides doing monk meditation. We only need 8 hours of sleep. We only need 10 minutes of formal meditation practice. You telling me to do 2 hours when 10 minutes makes me calm and peaceful is like we telling you to sleep 12 hours a day when 6 hours is enough for you. Too much sleep has its consequences and so does too much meditation. It becomes another comfort zone that you must break through.

All growth requires a change in routine and challenging yourself while pursuing goals. If you spend your whole life meditating, you will never travel around the world. You will just be a drone sitting in one spot for your life. And then you will be living life as if you were already dead, just sitting and focusing on your breath. When instead, you could’ve been focusing on your goals, desires, and purpose.

I do 10 minutes of formal meditation mindfulness practice and then I move on with my life. I see the benefits at 10 minutes. I have done 5 hours of meditation before and lost all the benefits after the first 30 minutes. Diminishing returns. Some days, I don’t even formally meditate at all, and I still live meditatively and ambitiously.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

This that you quote is wonderful, and you are a genius remembering your October post (!!) and giving level to this forum

Thank you. I hesitated to link that quote of approval Leo has given to the Supreme Source/Kulayarāja Tantra. Leo will probably never approve anything like that ever again. On the other side, considering the current trip and bashing since then, he wouldn't do anyway. But who knows...

Lets see if some reasons come across for downplaying Full Enlightenment vs. "God-Realization" Leo-style.

I just fear he is racking up lots of bad Karma. And at the end of the day every being just wants a happy & blissful life. Like every being, by definition. Everything else is fooling ourselves. And bad Karma can prevent that happy and blissful life . For him and his followers. Such is the Intelligence of the Universe and Maya.

But the game/Lila needs its heroes. And there are also Tragic Heroes. And heroes go into dragon-land: Hic sunt dracones. Hic sunt Aliens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragic_hero

Nothing new under the sun...

Water by the River

PS: Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour. – Padmasambhava “Guru Rinpoche”.

That is the quote I orient my life on a relative level on. A deal with the Universe, so to say. And it has served me very very well. Like in "wouldn't have believed how well"  10 years ago, what can be possible. But that is another story I won't tell for the foreseeable future.

Nobody, even the Enlightened Ones, are above the law of Karma. It is the nature of such a coherent dream/Universe of ours. Just the emotional/suffering severity of the impact varies. And the not stable enlightened ones, and not enlightened ones, are in the merciless claws of Samsara. And that is why the quote above is of paramount importance.

5 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Leo will probably never approve anything like that ever again

Leo approving something...and something Buddhist! Of course, you will have it framed in your room I suppose. We will see now if he approves a little more, or continues with this superiority thing. I'd say it's a bit...worn

10 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

And the not stable enlightened ones, and not enlightened ones, are in the merciless claws of Samsara. And that is why the quote above is of paramount importance

Yes, what a difficult game we are in. As far as it goes? what is it? mystery

@Water by the River

To be honest, now I find your responses annoying. They're too long. You cite too much quotes and sources. Don't oversell. Let the river alone from time to time. ;)

Edited by UnbornTao