r0ckyreed

I’m Too Ambitious and Adventurous To Meditate

100 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Let the river reveal itself from time to time. :D 

He reveals a lot, you just have to read between the lines

@Breakingthewall Over-expressing can be counterintuitive, it could interfere with your discovery process. Better to open a door and leading another through it, no need to describe in detail what's on the other side prior to that.

Draw one square's corner and let the student draw the other three.

Edited by UnbornTao

11 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

you just have to read between the lines

The empty paragraphs between the quotes.:ph34r:

21 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yes, what a difficult game we are in. As far as it goes? what is it? mystery

The absolute is mystery to the mind, and first nature to itself.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

13 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

@Breakingthewall My point is that sometimes expressing too much may be counterintuitive and could interfere with one's own discovery process. Occasionally help others open a door without giving out too much description about what's on the other side. Don't always fill in absolutely all the blanks, perhaps. Just a suggestion.

Of course, For me, being concise, clear and direct is fundamental, but he has another style, and he does a very serious job putting links and high-quality videos in many posts.

34 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Of course, For me, being concise, clear and direct is fundamental, but he has another style, and he does a very serious job putting links and high-quality videos in many posts.

fair, gotta acknowledge that too. @Water by the River

3 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

@Water by the River I've got to be honest, I now find your long responses annoying. You cite too much external quotes and sources. Let the river reveal itself from time to time. :D 

Even GPT-4 is more concise ?

All is Love tho :P

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

7 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

fair, gotta acknowledge that too. @Water by the River

Thanks. I am trying to be as concise as possible.

Balancing it with "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler"

Times are near when all the complex stuff has been covered in previous posts.

Then, yours truly is looking forward to retire :x, just writing a few concise lines, and maybe sometimes a link to the old post for the aficionado.

Water by the River

There’s a lot of noise in the River.

With that being said, let’s focus back on the topic at hand and not on petty human BS. 

Why spend anymore than 10 minutes on your ass meditating when you got crap to do in life? Why spend 2 hours a day? Why can’t monks meditate while running a high conscious business that will impact the world even more than chanting and charities in a monastery?

You might argue that there is the connection paradox of the more one isolates themselves from the world, the more connected to reality they will be. This may be true to a point, and we do need solitude and silent space for reflection, but this lifestyle seems like an excuse. At some point, isolation from the world is isolation from the world. One needs to connect the insights from solitude to the social world.

Before enlightenment, run a business. After enlightenment, run your vision.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

On 5/28/2023 at 0:22 PM, CARDOZZO said:

Do you think we can reach a level where we burn all desire for sex?

It’s a divine tool for exploring consciousness.

You can as everything is possible, but desiring sex isn't a bad thing. If you desire to release it you can/will if you don't you won't.

Everything is a divine tool for exploring consciousness, because...everything is consciousness. Don't walk around with this limiting beliefs, realize that everything is consciousness. For example Leo likes to use psychedelics, that is one way to explore there are other ways although I do agree with him that if you are trying to get to get to conscious levels of expression that are beyond the human experience then psychedelics are probably the best bet for now.

But always remember....all levels of expression are content, if you do not know this....you won't be able to explore said content because fear will control you. Fear can only control you, when you do not know for certain the truth of what you are. This is why I push for you all to get proper understanding. You will never get to the depths of exploration that Leo is getting if you are still full of fear. Leo can do it because he ABSOLUTELY KNOWS THAT DEATH IS IMAGINARY.

A lot of you on here only PRETEND to know that it is true. I can tell who is awake and who is still imagining at the human level of imagination what awakening is LIKE. It's funny because they have this DISNEY like belief about Enlightenment. Enlightenment is actually very normal, its only abnormal in comparison to the ordinary human experience because human's experience duality/separation as the truth of their experience.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

13 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

@Breakingthewall My point is that sometimes expressing too much may be counterintuitive and could interfere with one's own discovery process. Occasionally help others open a door without giving out too much description about what's on the other side. Don't always fill in absolutely all the blanks, perhaps. Just a suggestion.

The truth....there is nothing to fill. The Absolute Truth= Blank. 99.9% of humans will never awaken because of 2 big attachments they cannot drop. Belief in other, and their attachment to appearance. Unless you can release your attachment to other and appearance as central to your love for yourself and life....cannot awaken. Fear will prevent you from moving further and you will be stuck.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

On 5/27/2023 at 9:27 PM, r0ckyreed said:

A Sage is what I strive to be.

Would you mind elaborating a bit on your definition of a "Sage" - and how you plan getting there with 10-20 min of daily meditation?

8 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

The truth....there is nothing to fill. The Absolute Truth= Blank

The truth is the absolute infinity total, it's a shame you can't realize it out because of your need to believe you already know the truth. you miss out the full glory of infinite existence

Edited by Breakingthewall

Ramana said: "Self-realization is the greatest gift that you can give to the world." Why would he say that?

Seeking out the truth is independent from survival. Don't limit truth seeking to a particular lifestyle.

Pursuing enlightenment can occur within and without the monastery. A supportive community and environment helps the monks focus and put all their efforts into pursuing awakening. But throughout history enlightened people has lived very differently from one another.

Edited by UnbornTao

@r0ckyreed One thing to consider is that life is a series of stages, and the right path for you during one stage may shift to a different path at a later stage.

At this stage of your life, you are in rajas, or passion which compels you to engage productively in the world. It is your current destiny, and is worthy of being embraced. Eventually you may or may not transition to sattva, which is serenity without the need for external engagement.

Whatever the stage, you can still be centered in awareness. The playing out of your life purpose varies according to what is needed in that moment.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

15 minutes ago, Moksha said:

@r0ckyreed One thing to consider is that life is a series of stages, and the right path for you during one stage may shift to a different path at a later stage.

At this stage of your life, you are in rajas, or passion which compels you to engage productively in the world. It is your current destiny, and is worthy of being embraced. Eventually you may or may not transition to sattva, which is serenity without the need for external engagement.

Whatever the stage, you can still be centered in awareness. The playing out of your life purpose varies according to what is needed in that moment.

Good point! I’m still young and trying to find myself. It would be wise for me to explore the stage Orange stage to its fullest. Then move on from there.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

Don't walk around with this limiting beliefs, realize that everything is consciousness.

I'll go for that.

I'll take some time out of the forum :D:D 

1 hour ago, WeCome1 said:

Would you mind elaborating a bit on your definition of a "Sage" - and how you plan getting there with 10-20 min of daily meditation?

Profoundly wise person. I plan on exercising, reading many books, contemplating reality, and writing books and producing original work based on my contemplations. 30 minutes of meditation can be spaced out during my day to help me find balance in using my mind and quieting it and learning to just be satisfied with what is right now. But at the same time, there are goals and things I want to create. I wanna be a creator since apparently I am God. I cannot create much if I am meditating 3 hours a day. I don’t have that kind of time to achieve all I want in this lifetime. I find 5-10 minutes of meditation is helpful. Any longer is counterproductive to my goals at this point. My reasons for meditating are to help me improve my thoughts, creativity, and happiness.

Edited by r0ckyreed

@r0ckyreed ⚡Carpe diem, anchor awareness in the doing, and everything you do will be amplified.