KGrimes

Peter Ralston’s take on solipsism

96 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SeaMonster said:

You can only "accept" solipsism if you have strong narcissistic tendencies in the first place.  

Agree to your post. But on the quote I am not sure.

The path to Enlightenment (by definition) is full of traps and cul-de-sacs/dead ends. Else, everybody starting it would end up enlightened. The whole Lila is structured to keep the show going, and the separate self illusion well and alive. That is not because God is evil, but to get a good show going with characters, the characters better have to believe the show is real...

So, on the potential "fast-lane" psychedelic path, what to build in as hard to spot cul-de-sac? Of course a seductive kiss from Maya, when she whispers in ones ear how awesome, unique and infinite and God-like "one" is. It is just a trap, but a veeeery seductive one, especially in certain states.

But no better Karma than having as little Narcicissm as possible. Yet, I hypothesize that for certain tasks/paths/innovations, pioneers that tend more towards the narcissistic end of the spectrum are plain and simple necessary. Because its always way easier to stay in the pack, than to be a pioneer... Takes a lot of self-confidence and being convinced of oneself to go where not many have been before.

There is a very inspiring section in Kapleaus Three Pillars of Zen that stayed in my memory: Written by Harada-Roshi on the Enlightenment Yaeko, wo got Full Enlightenment a few days before dying from sickness. She went very fast through the initial symptoms of her Great/Full Enlightenment, getting very fast over her astonishment and "Enlightenment-High", because of being "one as gentle as she". Harada said that his own "Enlightenment-sickness" lasted almost 10 years.

"An ancient Zen saying has it that to become attached to one’s own enlightenment is as much a sickness as to exhibit a maddeningly active ego. Indeed, the profounder the enlightenment, the worse the illness. In her case I think it would have taken two or three months for the most obvious symptoms to disappear, two or three years for the less obvious, and seven or eight for the most insidious. Such symptoms are less pronounced in one as gentle as she, but in some they are positively nauseating. Those who practice Zen must guard against them. My own sickness lasted almost ten years. Ha!"

And the same of course also holds true before Enlightenment. Self-Importance is seen like a spiritual disease in Tibetan Buddhism, only holding one back, glued to suffering and Samsara. Because self-importance is just not correct, its an illusion. If ones True Being is the whole infinite thing, how could one separate thing/separate self be more important, more "anything", than another part?

Selling Water by the River

Edited by Water by the River

How you view this topic depends on your state of consciousness, because ultimately everything is you, and the world is your dream. At an absurdly high level of consciousness, which is where Leo is speaking from when he realizes these things, it is undeniable that you are creating everything. He is not simply “making this shit up”. When you are in an absurdly high level of consciousness you will know you are God and there will be no doubt in your mind about it. It will feel extremely effortless and obvious to you. You will not need external verification.

These discussions are silly because when you are operating within normal human consciousness, which is where the questioner is speaking from, you are in a limited state of consciousness. To experience being a human you as God must limit your consciousness, and when you do this you simultaneously project a limited world all around you, because you and the world are the same thing. And while you are limited you cannot ask another limited being in your dream for verification of what is plainly obvious at a higher state of consciousness the same way you cannot ask a dream character to verify that you’re dreaming. The only way to verify what Leo is saying is to raise your consciousness to an absurdly high level, which is not going to happen by philosophizing about it or asking another limited human being about it. And it doesn’t matter how conscious Peter Ralston is, there is no way he is at an unlimited level of consciousness where he would even be able to verify this for you because he would have to be dead. The only person who can verify this for you is God, but the catch is you are God, so you have to do it yourself.

1 hour ago, SeaMonster said:

So there simply are going to be quite a few trainwrecks on that path.

Yes. As with most stuff, a significant part humanity tends to learn only with suffering, not with insight.

But lets try to minimize the trainwrecks...

• some will understand and avoid dangers in any case (mixture of intuition, intelligence and Karma/tendencies).
  • some will never get it (future trainwrecks).
  • and a large area in between. These are open for influence from outside, in both ways...

Water by the River

4 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Peter Ralston is not awake. I like him, but he isn't awake not really. 

Bold statement. 

To be honest, this assertion of "I AM THE ONLY ONE" just comes from a human mouth.

When you are there, there's no mouth to tell anything.

I think Peter doesn't want to go in intellectual routes.

1 hour ago, Cooper said:

And it doesn’t matter how conscious Peter Ralston is, there is no way he is at an unlimited level of consciousness where he would even be able to verify this for you because he would have to be dead.

The big assumption here is Peter Ralston.

Is he real or imaginary?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@JellyDogShoe_1Mil if you realized you were God you would say of course I am God because I have never experienced anything else. If you were to be revealed as God and billions worshipped you you would say of course I am and there is no other way it could be because I am and always have been the source of experience. I can't not be God you would say

4 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

Also I feel this is a more psychedelic insight than anything else which is something to consider. It seems only those who trip come to this solipsism thing. Never heard of it like this way from any great masters 

Its not that . Being awake is something real, it is seeing the absolute in movement here and now. take the perspective of the absolute. the moment you think "outside" exists, you have lost the frequency. To say: I exist, but so do others, is to lose yourself in an idea. The only thing that exists is this, here and now. not to think only I exist, but to really exist now. That is the reality, there is no other and there never will be.

30 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@JellyDogShoe_1Mil if you realized you were God you would say of course I am God because I have never experienced anything else. If you were to be revealed as God and billions worshipped you you would say of course I am and there is no other way it could be because I am and always have been the source of experience. I can't not be God you would say

What are you trying to say? 

Also, if you are God, others must then be that as well, as you are the only essence. There is no other. 

20 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

So in essence all these "ideas" can either perpetuate the status quo or to lead one somewhere new.  The problem is many people CANNOT TELL which one is which.

Every idea occurring within a person, and shared with other people, is an expression of the absolute. It is the ohm of its creation, guiding itself outward in its phenomenal pursuit, and eventually guiding itself back inward to its true nature.

The inward path tends to progress from gross (e.g., physical yogas) to more refined (e.g., self-inquiry) maps, until the silent portal of deep realization is finally passed. Only then does the absolute fully awaken to itself within its dream.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

19 hours ago, Cooper said:

How you view this topic depends on your state of consciousness, because ultimately everything is you, and the world is your dream.

At deeper levels of awareness, the you perspective is so ephemeral that it nearly ceases to exist. A portal is still required for the absolute to realize itself from within its dream, but the resonance of light becomes so brilliant that the apparent details of the cosmos seamlessly resolve.

It's still a perspective, but from such spaciousness that the absolute is in the pure state of itself, free from misidentification with the actions or results of its apparent form.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

:ph34r:

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 5/20/2023 at 5:10 PM, CARDOZZO said:

Bold statement. 

To be honest, this assertion of "I AM THE ONLY ONE" just comes from a human mouth.

When you are there, there's no mouth to tell anything.

I think Peter doesn't want to go in intellectual routes.

When you are awake, all delusion is revealed. Based on what he said if the quote is to be revealed...reveals he isn't awake.

Any deviation from Absolute Solipsism is delusion. There is only ONE. The ONE is appearing to be many, but the many is the illusion. 

This truth cannot be defeated, cannot be disproven, it is the most obvious of the obvious. 

To deny this truth is just pure delusion. Absolute Infinity= Absolute Infinite Delusion.

Oneness= It was One the entire time.

At the end of your deluded dream you will be floating in a void. That void goes on forever in infinite directions and whatever thoughts you think will manifest instantly. You can already do this right now by closing your eyes and rendering images. 

Traditional Spirituality is too poetic and its a trap to get you caught in delusion. 

Instead of doubting...investigate. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Razard86 It’s not that he’s not AWAKE, he just don’t want to formulate something with language about Truth/Being AWAKE.

His approach seems to be more “Get yourself there, no talking”.

Experience for yourself is Peter’s slogan.

He simply doesn’t want to create fantastical phrases after “Truth-Realizations”, because he calls that “Lava Syndrome” as written in The Book of Not Knowing.

That’s only my personal opinion about him and his work, I could be wrong.

@Razard86 Maybe he actually knows that exists only ONE and Absolute Solipsism is the ultimate TRUTH.

But if I truly understand his style of teaching, he’ll not talk about that intentionally to not mislead his students.

He wants YOU to get there.

6 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

Maybe he actually knows that exists only ONE and Absolute Solipsism is the ultimate TRUTH.

One or absolute solipsism are conceptual creations of the mind. this means that they are created by contrasting some things with others, which means that they are relative. the truth cannot be articulated with the mind and those who do are confusing the map with the territory

@Breakingthewall That’s exactly why he doesn’t talk about Solipsism or even wants to debate about things that happens after Truth-Realizations.

Experience for yourself IS Peter’s slogan.

That’s what I’m trying to explain.

He’ll not talk about that because in his perception it doesn’t increase your Consciousness knowing intellectually that exists ONLY ONE.

He wants YOU to get THERE and directly experience for YOURSELF that exists ONLY ONE.

Intellect x Direct Experience = Day x Night ❤️

Edited by CARDOZZO

@CARDOZZO here the trend is just the opposite, filling the mind with ideas as if it were a new religion. that is useless. We should try to understand the obstacles, not describe the goal.