KGrimes

Peter Ralston’s take on solipsism

96 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Moksha said:

The spiritual journey i

Strange journey. What could be it purpose? I see it as the diaphragm of a camera. at a given moment it has been closed, and it seems that nothing could open it. but you want to open it, you must open it. if you don't open it, the suffering is constant, it doesn't stop for a fraction of a second. You can get distracted from it, but it's always there. after a kind of very difficult test set, a blind mission in which you don't know what you're looking for, incredibly you manage to open the diaphragm a little, then it closes again. you open it again, like someone who moves a mountain, the difficulty is enormous. each time it opens a little more, until it is partly open for a while more and more, and if it closes, it is crap, intolerable. It would seem that in the end it would open completely. so what? end of the game? I hope there is more game

@Breakingthewall The purpose is the journey itself. Beyond the journey, there is no need for purpose, only effortless effulgent being. The absolute is the well of light without dimensions. Eventually each of our apparent forms dissolves as we awaken to the limitless love and glory which we actually are. We spend so much of our lives in fear; seeing your true nature is so joyful that it banishes fear and sets you free, even while still within the dream.

Enlightenment requires the deepest sincerity, and often the absolute cultivates this sincerity by causing its form to suffer. With each challenge, the roots grow deeper. There are no shortcuts, only patiently following the inward path that must be followed. No reason to worry about getting there faster, the absolute within is fulfilling its design in its own way through each form, and it will not be denied.

The part of you that hopes there is more game will receive what it desires. It's only when you have flown through the dream long enough, and your wings grow weary, that you will be ready to let the game go and return home.

@CARDOZZO Too many to list, but in rough order by milestone each of these has been luminous in its time:

• Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
  • Genesis/Psalms/Proverbs (old testament) and the teachings of Jesus (gospels in the new testament)
  • Demon-Haunted World by Carl Sagan
  • Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
  • Stages of Faith by James Fowler
  • The Story of Philosophy by Will Durant
  • Eckhart Tolle
  • Tao Te Ching
  • Bhagavad Gita
  • The Mind Illuminated
  • Alan Watts
  • Mooji
  • Being Ram Dass
  • Upanishads
  • Dhammapada
  • Dark Night of the Soul
  • Untethered Soul
  • Nisargadatta Maraj
  • Ramana Maharshi
  • Next on my list: Rig Veda

I don't follow many contemporary teachers, and tend to dive into the original mystic writings. It takes me a long time to work through pondering a book. I savor and integrate every insight. It's more about the unconditional light flooding through as I contemplate, than about any particular realization. It dissolves and sinks me into the absolute.

As I said earlier, each of us has to carve our own path, but I hope this helps in some way.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

36 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Beyond the journey, there is no need for purpose, only effortless effulgent being.

:D

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

6 hours ago, Moksha said:

The purpose is the journey itself.

Maybe the journey is simply the consequence of human stupidity. an evolutionary step that is sadly necessary for now, but not intrinsically necessary. the human can come out of the mud of the animal and be totally open to his own nature by default, but he is born surrounded by stupidity, addiction, fear, desire, hate, greed and madness. this locks him in the prison of the mind, and then he has to make this hard journey to be himself again

17 hours ago, Moksha said:

It's not because they are insincere

This is the one bias you hold that is completely false. 

1. All actions taken are the manifestation of TRUTH. This means that whatever action taken from your state of consciousness was what was TRULY DESIRED TO BE EXPRESSED.

What does this mean? It means drunks Razard acts SINCERELY from that state of consciousness. Only outside of that state can regret be expressed. You are always expressing from your current state what you believe to be the HIGHEST GOOD!!! This mean every action is SINCERE!!!

Hilter was sincere!!! He actually believed from his viewpoint that he was doing good!!!

You have NEVER done anything outside of what you thought was good!!! If you are selfish you believe what is good for you is the highest good, if selfless then you believe what the highest good for other is what is good.

It's simple. Every decision in your life is a struggle between comfort and discomfort. When the desire to be comfortable is stronger than the desire to face discomfort then that is the decision you choose to make.

Moksha you are sometimes too kind, this makes you delusional and you take away the authority of those who choose in their ignorance to not utilize their authority. The only excuses I allow is for those with biological disorders. If you have a fully functional body that isn't stripping you of the ability to rationalize then you have no excuses for your actions. This isn't excusing environmental factors, but the path of Spirituality is the path of insanity (from societal eyes) and if you care to much about what others think then this path is just not for you. 

If you care about being Political Correct, and being liked then you will be disconnected from truth. The Feminine in a plea to comfort likes to communicate the lack of accountability, many in the Spiritual Path get locked into this communication style and spread mass delusion. This communication is VERY popular because it allows those who hate taking accountability to say....

well the great Spiritual Guru Moksha stated that my inability to awaken does not come from my lack of effort but because I don't have enough stamina. BULLSHIT. Stamina is RAISED through effort. You actually have to exert effort to actually GAIN stamina. Your lack of effort is PROOF you are NOT SINCERE. This is because you have limiting beliefs and allow those beliefs to control you. But the moment you are exposed to Spirituality....all excuses...no longer exist. The only ones who truly have excuses are the ignorant who are not blessed by Spiritual Teachings.

Also when I use ignorance I divide it into two camps: Lack of knowledge due to lack of exposure, and willful ignoring after being exposed. The first you cannot be held accountable for but the last you can. This is why anytime you are blessed with information it is your responsibility to take advantage of that opportunity. There are many who will never get access to certain information so access to information is a blessing and should be valued.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Yimpa @CARDOZZO @QQQ I'm happy it's helpful. Even though the journey is unique, sometimes the absolute sees itself more clearly within a form by sensing itself within the form of others.

@Razard86 You began by agreeing that everyone is sincere, and concluded that people must take accountability for their actions, with which I also agree. What is accountability, other than the absolute beginning to direct its awareness inward toward itself? It does this through various spiritual practices and teachings, which gradually clear the haze of its confusion and return it to the clarity beyond the inner gate.

@Breakingthewall Who is choosing to be stupid, the human or the absolute within the human form? It seems that the more complex a form becomes, the deeper its capacity for both thought-entrapment and realization. It's like a swinging pendulum, between the extremes of external and internal identification. Simple forms are nearly still, or move in narrow arcs. The more evolved the form, the larger its arc becomes. To deeply realize itself within the cosmos, the absolute must also grapple with the intense gravity of misidentification.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

29 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Who is choosing to be stupid, the human or the absolute within the human form?

15 hours ago, Moksha said:

Id say that things must follow an evolutionary line and that suffering is the engine of evolution. the painting that is being painted leaves nothing to chance and everything takes a process. Nobody chooses to be stupid, abandon the mud of stupidity is not something easy. in fact, it is a work of art to achieve it. many think that they can take shortcuts, adopt some beliefs and that's it. poor deluded

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

Id say that things must follow an evolutionary line and that suffering is the engine of evolution. the painting that is being painted leaves nothing to chance and everything takes a process. Nobody chooses to be stupid, abandon the mud of stupidity is not something easy. in fact, it is a work of art to achieve it. many think that they can take shortcuts, adopt some beliefs and that's it. poor deluded

I'd say you're right xD Suffering and enlightenment are opposite ends of the same stick.

The absolute rarely manifests an anchored form. Apparently we prefer the oceanic adventure, first outward toward the enticing horizon, and finally back into the serene port of ourselves. Beliefs and even realizations are insufficient to stop the ship and reverse course. Only integration, which is abandoning the swashbuckler's song in favor of silence, brings us home.

3 hours ago, Moksha said:

@Razard86 You began by agreeing that everyone is sincere, and concluded that people must take accountability for their actions, with which I also agree. What is accountability, other than the absolute beginning to direct its awareness inward toward itself? It does this through various spiritual practices and teachings, which gradually clear the haze of its confusion and return it to the clarity beyond the inner gate.

Finally a worthy opponent lol.

I also said this: Also when I use ignorance I divide it into two camps: Lack of knowledge due to lack of exposure, and willful ignoring after being exposed. The first you cannot be held accountable for but the last you can. This is why anytime you are blessed with information it is your responsibility to take advantage of that opportunity. There are many who will never get access to certain information so access to information is a blessing and should be valued.

So there are also people who enter Spirituality then sincerely corrupt the teachings. There are literally people who read all the teachings, then make themselves teachers without ever truly verifying (this part is okay since they are trying to understand) but eventually they even start claiming they KNOW what the truth is even though they haven't verified anything. 

We have a couple on these forums right now. No mystical experiences, all they have done is conceptual. Then we have the opposite, got a mystical experience into the true nature of reality....but refuse to accept it. Both are sincere denial of truth, no different than a woman who refuses to accept the fact that her son is a serial killer. All the evidence is there but she refuses to admit that her "precious boy" could have done it. This is why you hear me say people are liars and full of shit. 

Because one never verified and claims he knows, the other verified but refuses to accept. LOL They are like mirror images of each other.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Razard86 It's true that where much is given, much is expected. Truth and accountability are correlated. When the absolute realizes and then denies itself, the karmic ripples spread farther than when it remains asleep. Had he not been a son of the morning, Lucifer wouldn't have fallen so far into the abyss.

Still, this is at the relative level. Only the absolute is accountable, and its path unfolds as it wills. I understand the purpose of telling people they have free will. It is a shrewd way for the absolute to wake itself up. Although people don't actually have free will, the absolute within them, which is who they actually are, does. Regardless of the granularity of will, the actions people take will always have consequences.

For the record, we are fighting for the same side. Ego ahoy!  ⚔️

2 minutes ago, Moksha said:

For the record, we are fighting for the same side. Ego ahoy!  ⚔️

No kidding, I can see a bit of You on the left side of Razard86’s profile pic 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

31 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Finally a worthy opponent lol.

I also said this: Also when I use ignorance I divide it into two camps: Lack of knowledge due to lack of exposure, and willful ignoring after being exposed. The first you cannot be held accountable for but the last you can. This is why anytime you are blessed with information it is your responsibility to take advantage of that opportunity. There are many who will never get access to certain information so access to information is a blessing and should be valued.

So there are also people who enter Spirituality then sincerely corrupt the teachings. There are literally people who read all the teachings, then make themselves teachers without ever truly verifying (this part is okay since they are trying to understand) but eventually they even start claiming they KNOW what the truth is even though they haven't verified anything. 

We have a couple on these forums right now. No mystical experiences, all they have done is conceptual. Then we have the opposite, got a mystical experience into the true nature of reality....but refuse to accept it. Both are sincere denial of truth, no different than a woman who refuses to accept the fact that her son is a serial killer. All the evidence is there but she refuses to admit that her "precious boy" could have done it. This is why you hear me say people are liars and full of shit. 

Because one never verified and claims he knows, the other verified but refuses to accept. LOL They are like mirror images of each other.

Today: Absolute Solipsism having "Finally a worthy opponent lol." . Like in "there are no others", but somehow Absolute Solipsism found a worthy opponent. Can somebody please explain this oxymoron to me? Or do I have to stick to my old musings below?

Razard, with Moksha you  have on the relative level a really worthy opponent and sparringspartner. Funny thing is:  Moksha is not what you think Moskha is. There is just Infinite Reality doing its thing. Like in "you", minus the illusion....

And one of the reasons for the manifestation of this show/Lila is: The biggest joke ever.

Selling Water by the River

36 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

No kidding, I can see a bit of You on the left side of Razard86’s profile pic 

I'm the angel on his shoulder ?

36 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Then who is the little guy with the trident on the other shoulder? 

I'm not sure, but it seems to have a bald head. ?