sleep

What do you do when you take psychedelics?

24 posts in this topic

So what do you guys actually do? I mean for certain ones like dmt or salvia you don't realy have a great degree of autonomy while on it, all you can do is just lay there and trip balls, but with ones like lsd or shrooms in which you have hours before the effect wears off and unless in very high doses you have a fair bit of autonomy, what do you actually do while under the effects to reap the most out of it? Just lay there? Meditate? 

i drink 5 beers to not get scared

Tickle my pineal gland?

Massage my consciousness ?

Climb Maslow's hierarchy of needs?

III find that you want to not get too busy racing around doing things keep it simple avoid things that will require allot of doing things haha. plan shit out. if you want to go for a walk during your trip make sure you know where your shoes are before you start tripping haha etc. i find i really like to just lay in bed during the first few hours of lsd. once the big break throughs are over i like to play some musical instruments or watever dont worry about it too much the main thing is just being calm and safe. you can plan out your trip with a few activies like that the main thing is you will be tripping and thats the main thing you are "doing"

its a good question though and you might feel weird like what am i supposed to be doing rn. Im curious how much you have tripped with a long lasting psych like lsd it was defiantly a learning process for me. you want to minimise shitty activities like looking for your shoes 

Edited by Holymoly

Even things as simple as put your phone on do not disturb you will likely be contemplating and doing serious work and having something distract you like that can be realllly frustrating

A long time ago, when I was still a newbie to lsd, I used to listen to music or watch something on the computer, and enjoy the show.

Now I just lay or sit on my bed, close my eyes, and go where it takes me.

I like very much to see the inward spirals of me, so I try to see who I am and what THIS is.

@Holymoly I dont rly have a lot of experience, I mean I have a few trips under my belt but nothing too much compared to some of the people here. I feel now that my question was kind of dumb (maybe just me getting insecure or something) but with all the talk about using psychedelics as a form of spiritual practice or way of "achieving enlightenment" I was curious as to what kind of things people did when taking them. 

On low to medium dose - watch music videos or movies.

12 hours ago, sleep said:

So what do you guys actually do? I mean for certain ones like dmt or salvia you don't realy have a great degree of autonomy while on it, all you can do is just lay there and trip balls, but with ones like lsd or shrooms in which you have hours before the effect wears off and unless in very high doses you have a fair bit of autonomy, what do you actually do while under the effects to reap the most out of it? Just lay there? Meditate? 

What I do at the moment at moderate dosages (1V-lsd) is to bring up the limiting emotions I have. So basically I think about what scares me and then really feel into it and allow it to be. It seems like in these states the energy of these emotions flows again as opposed to being stuck. You get all of these stuck, pent up emotions out of their repression and can finally release them. The body reacts with wild movements like heavy shaking, but this feels healing.

Then sometimes I get an urge to cry out the accumulated pain and thus I do exactly that.

I feel like I'm improving with this procedure.

On 17/5/2023 at 4:27 PM, sleep said:

@Holymoly I dont rly have a lot of experience, I mean I have a few trips under my belt but nothing too much compared to some of the people here. I feel now that my question was kind of dumb (maybe just me getting insecure or something) but with all the talk about using psychedelics as a form of spiritual practice or way of "achieving enlightenment" I was curious as to what kind of things people did when taking them.

Can I ask is that  your intention enlightenment?

On 17/5/2023 at 4:27 PM, sleep said:

I turn around in my room.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

At this point, mystical experiences happen daily to various degrees. When I have those experiences, I surrender as much as I’m able to handle. I take medicinal cannabis daily; not high in THC. I’m not tripping balls to the walls, but it’s subtle enough to be able to immerse myself in wonder and awe.

I’m also allowing myself to have low conscious experiences, since there’s also lessons to learn from them. It’s a mistake to avoid low conscious states, which all these spiritual traditions are demonizing as absolutely bad. What if that demonization is occurring in the same state that you are demonizing from? Can’t that be reframed as hate? Hating yourself unconsciously.

I’m taking a more paced approach thanks to all of your guidance. 

I plan on doing a ketamine again (done it 7 times last year), but I don’t have a strict deadline for it. So in a sense, I’m planning/working my way towards that “big” trip. 

Meta-tripping!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

4 hours ago, Yimpa said:

At this point, mystical experiences happen daily to various degrees. When I have those experiences, I surrender as much as I’m able to handle. I take medicinal cannabis daily; not high in THC. I’m not tripping balls to the walls, but it’s subtle enough to be able to immerse myself in wonder and awe.

I’m also allowing myself to have low conscious experiences, since there’s also lessons to learn from them. It’s a mistake to avoid low conscious states, which all these spiritual traditions are demonizing as absolutely bad. What if that demonization is occurring in the same state that you are demonizing from? Can’t that be reframed as hate? Hating yourself unconsciously.

I’m taking a more paced approach thanks to all of your guidance. 

I plan on doing a ketamine again (done it 7 times last year), but I don’t have a strict deadline for it. So in a sense, I’m planning/working my way towards that “big” trip. 

Meta-tripping!

Which isomere ?:ph34r:

It has importance, 

is seems that R-Ketamine is more "psychedelic" than S.
Like R > RACEMIC > S
I have S and it mostly felt recreational and numbing. 

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Schizophonia I don’t know what they use at my ketamine clinic. All I know is low dose is for relaxing, high dose is for getting mindfucked.

:)

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I think what Leo says is true, that living with a partner makes it impossible to awaken and the reason being 1 hour into an LSD trip we immediately have intense sex. Got to learn some self control. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 18/5/2023 at 5:44 AM, Holymoly said:

Can I ask is that  your intention enlightenment?

Yeah, Id say thats my goal. Deep down I probably just want to escape from my mind though, and I see enlightenment as a form of suicide without death and all that it implies for yourself and others

On 5/17/2023 at 9:24 AM, Federico del pueblo said:

What I do at the moment at moderate dosages (1V-lsd) is to bring up the limiting emotions I have. So basically I think about what scares me and then really feel into it and allow it to be. It seems like in these states the energy of these emotions flows again as opposed to being stuck. You get all of these stuck, pent up emotions out of their repression and can finally release them. The body reacts with wild movements like heavy shaking, but this feels healing.

Then sometimes I get an urge to cry out the accumulated pain and thus I do exactly that.

I feel like I'm improving with this procedure.

You are keep going!! Way to go!!

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Lay in bed in the dark with eyes shut. Pop in ear buds with guided meditations or instrumental music. Music which is new to me so I cannot predict it. Maybe listen to Allen Watts. I take inward journeys. If I had a float tank I might use that. In the dark with eyes shut really magnifies the experience. Terrance McKenna recommended eyes shut in the dark and being alone in a room.

I am interested in exploration of the psyche or cosmos. I am interested in spirituality and healing.

It also helps to prepare for the trip. Have some playlists or links to YouTube meditations. Set and setting are important. Maybe fast 6 hours prior. Get in the right mind set prior. Meditate prior. Be calm and happy prior.