jimwell

When "Massive Value" Providers Get Away with Sin

34 posts in this topic

This video is about a very old Japanese man at the top of the food chain in the Japanese entertainment industry. The old Japanese boss had raped hundreds or thousands of Japanese boys for decades until his death and was able to get away with it. 

The 2 Japanese comedians in the video did a very impressive job of exposing the old boss's sexual devilry. They made it very informative but also humorous. 

The idea that a human who provides "much value" to society can get away with all his sins is horrible. This shit is prevalent among collectivist cultures such as Japanese society. The WW2 emperor, Hirohito, got away with his sins of directly and indirectly murdering millions of humans, including the ant-minded Kamikazes. Hirohito's Japanese slaves considered him a national father, authority, even a God, hence above the law and can't be punished. Regardless of how they achieved it, humans who are of authority or with high status have been taking advantage of this ideological loophole for centuries.

This reminded me of Lee Jae-yong, the Samsung heir released from prison for bribery in August 2021. The president's alibi was that the sinner was a big economic contributor. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-58196575 and https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/27/business/samsung-lee-jae-yong.html

Other examples are the pardon of former presidents of South Korea, Lee Myung-bak, and Park Geun-hye, who were imprisoned for corruption.

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2022/12/27/south-koreas-jailed-ex-president-lee-gets-presidential-pardon

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/23/asia/south-korea-park-pardoned-intl-hnk/index.html

If they were wage slaves (ordinary citizens), they would have rot in jail. 

Nobody should be above the law, even if he is a "massive value" provider.

First of all, these "massive value" providers don't provide as much value as you think. They surely provide more value than an ordinary wage slave, but not a thousand times. So, they don't deserve to be paid a thousand times more than an ordinary wage slave. They are able to provide that much value because of their subordinates who work hard for them. They don't do it single-handedly. Secondly, these high-status, "massive value" providers obtain value from society much more than they provide; it's disproportional. Thirdly, they tend to inflict harm much more than an ordinary wage slave can because of their power and resources. Fourthly, they can be replaced by other competent leaders or value providers.

Of course, the value they provide should also be acknowledged, but not to the point of absolving their sins. The value they provide to society should have little impact on justice. Anybody who thinks the value a devil provides justifies him getting away with his devilry is the devil's accomplice.  

Just practically, the more good you do the more bad you can get away with. Not saying anyone should be above the law but that's how the world works.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

We do see this a lot. It's a fault of our species. Too much value on survival than morals. 

Yet, morals cannot exist without survival. A vicious loop. 

A middle ground is too find both quality and quantity. 

Where we want maximization of values. This requires a lot of assimilation and permutations and combinations. 

You'll need years of such permutations and combinations. 

Have you watched this video already?

@Leo Gura where can i find more information on this ? the fact that people who do good get away with bad 

9 hours ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura where can i find more information on this ? the fact that people who do good get away with bad 

Haha

Just observe how humans operate.

It has nothing to do with providing value.    It's about power.  It's about having status in the hierarchy.    

Vincit omnia Veritas.

4 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

It has nothing to do with providing value.    It's about power.  It's about having status in the hierarchy.    

True, the more power you have, the more you can act like God.

If you are a nobody with no power, you are not moral, because you don't have the power to be immoral in the first place, even if you wished to be so.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

But why does someone have power? Because they are needed by others. And the reason others need them is because they provide value and aid in survival.

You can't avoid the fact that powerful people do a lot of objective good by helping others survive and feed their families. Despite any moral depravity.

Edited by Leo Gura

To some extent, Leo is right, but it's exactly this blind obedience to authority, which might really have been useful at some point, that brought them to the horrible situation that was the Second World War. Which only brought death and poverty for the people. Clearly, authority needs to have checks and balances to prevent abuse and corruption. 

11 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

You mean having power like Putin?

On 5/5/2023 at 8:13 PM, Leo Gura said:

Just practically, the more good you do the more bad you can get away with. Not saying anyone should be above the law but that's how the world works.

I see value in expanding on this with several examples.

1. Really good gamers feel like they can get away with treating others like dirt. The same applies to any field of expertise in which you view others as fools and thus look down on them, feeding your ego.

2. Religious institutions can get away with sex scandals for decades at a time. In the eyes of the people, the priests are too good to do anything so despicable.

3. In the eyes of trump supporters, trump provided a lot of value for the world. This helped to shield trump from accountability as he grifted his followers. This example demonstrates that you do not have to provide objective good or objective value to the world to get away with evil. You only need to make people believe you are valuable and they will protect you.

4. Biting the hand that feeds you is a common problem with parents and grandparents. They often get away with abusing kids because the kid needs them to survive.

Standing up to authority is usually useless because they either exploit our survival needs to shield themselves from accountability or they delude people into thinking they are Christ like such as Donald Trump.

I am often afraid of my selfishness coming out, causing others to judge me harshly. My inability to get away with selfishness makes me paranoid and hyper vigilant. I can see the survival benefit of providing massive value in that it allows me to relax.

The fact that I can't get away with selfishness indicates that I am not providing massive value to society. For example, my employer treats me like dirt, they refuse to give me a raise despite superior performance, and they can't follow their own rules yet they threaten to fire me for breaking the rules that nobody follows. For example, they had me clean up period blood even though someone certified is supposed to do that, not just any associate because of the health risk. Although integrity is a core value of the company, it doesn't act like it.

This is frustrating to me because I want to provide value to society, but I feel stuck in life anyway. Prior to getting high on weed, I had always felt like it was my fault for being unable to manage depression. I fought with myself to not make excuses and wanted to change, but I was simply unable to no matter how hard I tried. This is very tragic and it happens due to people not having access to psychedelics.

I am better set up to provide value to the world from a psychological standpoint, but all the same challenges remain in place. I lack clarity because my entire life up to this point has been about trying to escape depression through therapy, emotional mastery, and spirituality. Hopefully, my newfound peace of mind will help me find the clarity I need.

If I am being perfectly honest, then psychedelics are by far the best way to make me into the best person I can be. It is more promising than all other options. I tried to make my purpose about teaching emotional mastery, but deep down I felt that it was never enough no matter how hard I tried. I'm not saying that legalizing marijuana or some kind of psychedelic drug is my life purpose, but I know that it will do far more good for mankind than all of my previous ideas combined. My previous ideas were based on not wanting people to suffer in the same way I did. The problem is that I was still suffering.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But why does someone have power? Because they are needed by others. And the reason others need them is because they provide value and aid in survival.

You can't avoid the fact that powerful people do a lot of objective good by helping others survive and feed their families. Despite any moral depravity.

There are rent seekers who gain wealth without any reciprocal contribution of productivity.   

Vincit omnia Veritas.

3 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

There are rent seekers who gain wealth without any reciprocal contribution of productivity.   

There are some. But this is rarer than most progressives imagine.

Most people in power provide a lot of value, otherwise they would not be able to hold their power for long.

Harvey Weinstein produced a lot of good films.

Michael Jackson produced a lot of good music.

Etc.

Edited by Leo Gura

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Most people in power provide a lot of value, otherwise they would not be able to hold their power for long.

Etc.

I have also witnessed instances where a business is working because it has a good manager, but the owner is an alcoholic who just collects the money.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

22 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

I have also witnessed instances where a business is working because it has a good manager, but the owner is an alcoholic who just collects the money.  

The point is that that good manager could be a rapist and the business would work fine.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Etc.

and yet Weinstein ultimately paid a profoundly grave price for all of the women he molested, assaulted, and raped committed.

Michael Jackson died from drug overdose at a relatively young age. Funny enough, he actually died at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center at the same time and day when I happened to be in the Eli Broad Art section of the UCLA campus for this one summer lecture class I took on Modern Art films.

Mrbea$t scandal coming soon?

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

1 hour ago, mmKay said:

Mrbea$t scandal coming soon?

If you search "MrBeast drama" you can easily find a bunch of shit Jimmy got tangled up in. Beyond that, his "pure altruistic" intentions do come at cost when pumped by capitalism:

Edited by lostingenosmaze

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

On 5/6/2023 at 8:13 AM, Leo Gura said:

Saying that without emphasizing what I said below is wrong.

On 5/6/2023 at 3:59 AM, jimwell said:

Of course, the value they provide should also be acknowledged, but not to the point of absolving their sins. The value they provide to society should have little impact on justice.

We are interested not only in understanding how things are. We are also interested in knowing how things should be. That's what good leaders are.

On 5/13/2023 at 6:41 AM, trenton said:

2. Religious institutions can get away with sex scandals for decades at a time. In the eyes of the people, the priests are too good to do anything so despicable.

This is the ideological loophole I was talking about. "Massive value" providers are aware of this. So, they exploit this shit.

This is how they think "I'm itching to generate money immediately. So, I'll invent a scam to accomplish it. I can even become an internet celebrity by doing it." 

"I'm also horny, so I want to rape that girl. That way, I'll be sexually satisfied. It's also a good way to transfer my childhood pain and anger to another person, making me feel better." 

"But how the fuck do I get away with all these? Ah!!! By providing massive value. I must be a massive value provider to society to fulfill my greed while making the world endure it. xD Problem solved."    

4. Biting the hand that feeds you is a common problem with parents and grandparents. They often get away with abusing kids because the kid needs them to survive.

Standing up to authority is usually useless because they either exploit our survival needs to shield themselves from accountability or they delude people into thinking they are Christ like such as Donald Trump.

Being a parent is supposed to be a very serious job. If we need to take a driver's license to drive, then why not get a parent's license to raise a kid?

This is absurd. Parents shape the kid's future because they provide both nature and nurture. Politicians not realizing this is absurd.

Standing up to authority is NOT useless. In fact, it's the best thing to do. How do I know this? I have done it many times.

Yes, it made my life very difficult. I experienced horrible things because of it, including being conspired against and even kicked out of my house and a few companies I worked for. I have lost important things that most humans can't afford to lose.

But I'm still alive. And those difficulties made me internally strong and mature. And I have seen good changes in people of authority, including my father because I stood up to them. I forced them to behave correctly. I have also seen good changes in situations I am in. These took many years to materialize, but they materialized at least. 

I never regretted standing up for myself and to authority if they misbehaved.

I am often afraid of my selfishness coming out, causing others to judge me harshly. My inability to get away with selfishness makes me paranoid and hyper vigilant. I can see the survival benefit of providing massive value in that it allows me to relax.

Exactly. See? You yourself are trying to exploit the ideological loophole I explained.

The fact that I can't get away with selfishness indicates that I am not providing massive value to society. For example, my employer treats me like dirt, they refuse to give me a raise despite superior performance, and they can't follow their own rules yet they threaten to fire me for breaking the rules that nobody follows. For example, they had me clean up period blood even though someone certified is supposed to do that, not just any associate because of the health risk. Although integrity is a core value of the company, it doesn't act like it.

Just walk away. Develop self-respect to be respected by others. It all starts internally.

This is frustrating to me because I want to provide value to society, but I feel stuck in life anyway. Prior to getting high on weed, I had always felt like it was my fault for being unable to manage depression. I fought with myself to not make excuses and wanted to change, but I was simply unable to no matter how hard I tried. This is very tragic and it happens due to people not having access to psychedelics.

I don't have access to psychedelics. But I'm very happy with who I have become. If you have seen my posts, you'll know I have gone through the worst mental-emotional tortures God could ever inflict on its creatures. 

But humans are different. So maybe, you do need psychedelics. I just want to emphasize that psychedelics is NOT the only way.