StarStruck

What is your definition of enlightenment?

42 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Becoming directly conscious of the absolute truth of you. Nothing more, nothing less.

Everything more, everything less.

3 minutes ago, Moksha said:

xD

Leo once said to me, "Fuck Buddha".

You say, "Fuck Jesus". 

I agree, but only after you have learned to Fuck yourself.

Hey, watch your language! It’s not very holy [shit] :D

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

enlightenment is going completely out of the appearance of being a human with a story moving forward in time and fully opening yourself up to the limitless truth that existence is.  

Edited by Breakingthewall

I thought about this:  in-light-and -mend ☺️

enlightenment

to realize you are in light and are light and to merge with the single ray of light

Edited by Hojo

Dreaming Awake ~

As above so below, as within so without.

Enlightenment is a person trying to reach it for years or decades. Then they finally reach it… only to lose it.

The wise sage doesn’t get pessimistic about it. They realize it was a fantasy all along. 

Then they buy some sage to celebrate!

IMG_0543.jpeg

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Enlightenment is thinking for yourself 100%

Without our stories about what reality is. It becomes what it is 

Enlightenment is overrated.

What you really want is peace, creative autonomy, flow, a cute girl and some $

1 hour ago, CARDOZZO said:

What you really want is peace, creative autonomy, flow, a cute girl and some $

For example like this gentleman:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_Bennington

or these here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicides_in_the_21st_century

Many of them couldn't complain at all on the fields you mention above.

What you really want is the bliss of your True Nature. Nothing else will suffice. At least not permanently. Not that anyone gets lost halfway up the mountain and permanently stays there....

Of course one would be stupid not to create a happy life on a relative level (Maslow 1-5, partner, friends, financial abundance, creative expression, self-actualization) if one has the ressources and circumstances to do so. But it still won't permanently & fully fill the gap.

Selling Water by the River

PS: By the way, even Maslow later added stage 6, "Transcendence"...

When life becomes just being enlightened and talking about enlightenment all day, you miss the whole point.

We'll here on the forum put enlightenment on a pedestal, like being a supreme enlightened GOD among the fools.

For now I'm mastering stage orange, building a powerful foundation for the future.

Tbh, I've had 2/3 enlightenment experiences. It's amazing, but you know: choop wood & carry water.

Edited by CARDOZZO

On 4/28/2023 at 0:29 PM, Water by the River said:

Selling Water by the River

Geez, stop overselling water already. :D 

Edited by UnbornTao

Tbh, I've had 2/3 enlightenment experiences.

Lmfao.

Tbh, I've had 2/3 enlightenment experiences. It's amazing, but you know: choop wood & carry water.

Yes, but when you are lucid within the dream it is all about the quality of the experience, whether it is chopping wood and fetching water, or warming yourself by the fire and slaking your thirst.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Seeing through one's conditioning.  No longer craving to express oneself while being tongue-tied and evasive - as Castaneda put it. The capacity of not being identified with our opinions. Peace through understanding. It's not a one time occurrence.

“The repetitive motion of finding oneself through Identification (even true and worthy descriptions) keeps the being energy just below the critical velocity needed to escape the gravitational field of narrative selfhood.” - from Cynthia Bourgeault

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

39 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

Quality of Consciousness is a huge aspect of spirituality.

Understanding of Consciousness determines the quality of your spirituality.

@CARDOZZO Yep! I’ve been focusing on observing paradoxes lately. It’s been hella taxing on my emotional system because I’m not used to seeing Reality in this way. 

This is just the beginning :x