SQAAD

Does God Care About Our Survival & Well-Being

31 posts in this topic

'' The world doesn't care whether you survive or not. The world runs on its own accord. '' 

This is a quote by Leo from one of his old videos. Is this statement true? And what does it really mean?  

If it is really true that God is totally indifferent then what is that different from materialism and nihilism? Why do we even talk about God then? Also this makes you feel terrible about existence and everything. It's not motivating or inspiring at all... It makes you wanna become someone like Bukowski for example.. 

God is supposedly infinitely intelligent and all loving. This is quite different from a neutral Universe..  Leo has said that the Universe/God has feelings and it is not cold and neutral.. Also he has stated that God wants us to awaken. 

It seems paradoxical that God would use his infinite intelligence to create a perfect universe and yet at the same time be totally indifferent about it.. I don't understand this. 

My intuition and previous experiences with psychedelics tell me that God cares about its Creation. 

It's counter-intuitive that God cares to create a perfect ant, yet at the same time doesn't care if it gets stomped by humans and other animals. I don't get this at all.... 

quote-whoever-brought-me-here-will-have-to-take-me-home-rumi-66-44-37.jpg

Edited by SQAAD

I wish one day I can understand why Leo says that God/Reality is Love.

Call it whatever you want but Love...

god designed your survival second by second ofc he cares. It doesn't mean it will go in your favour but everything was designed by hand like a frames from a movie

that quote is totally false and comes from materialistic ego mind, I've literally seen how walls breath with you the time you inhale and exhale. The world is made so, that there is a perfect balance between life/other/survival. You never have to suffer as much as what you're witnessing!!

Edited by Jowblob

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

2 hours ago, SQAAD said:

This is a quote by Leo from one of his old videos. Is this statement true? And what does it really mean?  

Whether or not any statement is true or false will all come down to you. I understand that you are finding all of these paradoxes confusing. However, the root problem lies in that you’re delegating pure understanding to another power other than yourself.

I’ve been there. I’ve spent decades doing that. It simply doesn’t work in the long term.

This is why mystical experiences are so important in this work, if you’re up to that challenge. All this logical analysis, fact checking, and reassurance seeking can only get you so far.

Also, consider this thought experiment: 

If I believe that pink zebras with unicorn horns exist, and you don’t, who is being more truthful?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I’d also invite you to contemplate the Chinese Room thought experiment, explained by GPT-4:

IMG_0421.jpeg

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Just because god loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

15 hours ago, Moksha said:

Just because god loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Bingo.

The question you're really asking is "does God care about me over other things?" One creature's pleasure is another creature's pain. You're breathing oxygen molecules that somebody else could use, you're eating food that somebody else could eat, and you're eating living organisms. You can limit unnecessary suffering for yourself (which you can think of as aligning yourself with God), but that is a subtle process in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't protect you from asteroids or vulcanoes. Aligning yourself with God entails accepting that God won't save you. It's bigger than yourself.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

God has enough room  love and time to shape the cosmos around everything

On 16.4.2023 at 1:45 PM, Carl-Richard said:

Bingo.

The question you're really asking is "does God care about me over other things?" One creature's pleasure is another creature's pain. You're breathing oxygen molecules that somebody else could use, you're eating food that somebody else could eat, and you're eating living organisms. You can limit unnecessary suffering for yourself (which you can think of as aligning yourself with God), but that is a subtle process in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't protect you from asteroids or vulcanoes. Aligning yourself with God entails accepting that God won't save you. It's bigger than yourself.

There's no one else to shape the cosmos around but you.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

38 minutes ago, vibv said:

There's no one else to shape the cosmos around but you.

Can you turn off the sun just as easily as turning off the light in your room? No. There is obviously a useful distinction to be made between a personal "you" and the transpersonal "You".

Edited by Carl-Richard

17 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Can you turn off the sun just as easily as turning off the light in your room? No. There is obviously a useful distinction to be made between a personal "you" and the transpersonal "You".

But there's still only YOU.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

It is not that God cares or not-cares, it is that God has absolute trust in what it is, Infinite Intelligence.

Everything is perfect in the Eye of God and going as it is, perfectly, imperfectly perfect.

As above so below, as within so without.

19 minutes ago, vibv said:

But there's still only YOU.

Edited by Carl-Richard

20 minutes ago, RebornConsciousness said:

Reminds me of the infamous Amazon guy encounter couple years ago we've all grown to love.

Reminds me of the classic Advaita Trap:

2 minutes ago, RebornConsciousness said:

That is Nahm in a nuttshellxD

Not really. There is a fine line between providing useful and elegant pointers to the absolute in the appropriate context vs doing it in a way that for example derails a conversation. Context and style matters a lot.

17 minutes ago, RebornConsciousness said:

Yes, the Absolute is appropriate when we're pointing to the magicalness and causeles existence of existence. Or in the context of trying to help someone to alleviate their suffering. And so on and so forth. It's just not usefull for understanding relative concepts, which majority of debates are based on.

Correct. I could agree Nahm used to bring up the absolute a lot in threads that weren't explicitly talking about the absolute, but I didn't get the impression that he would for example directly quote someone and try to contradict their statements ad nauseam, or at least not in an inflammatory or low effort way.

Edited by Carl-Richard

@SQAAD I think there's obviously a progression towards relief in one's own life and human history. It looks like God is up to something!

If God didn't give a hoot, why would He/She strive towards happiness when assuming the form of creation?

On 4/15/2023 at 11:37 AM, Vibes said:

I wish one day I can understand why Leo says that God/Reality is Love.

Call it whatever you want but Love...

When you *experience Love, there will be absolutely no fucking doubt.

This is coming from someone who has had severe OCD, aka “the doubting disorder”.

*experience doesn’t even do it justice. You discover Love. Your entire life simultaneously remains the same and changes dramatically.  

Edited by Yimpa