Yimpa

Dalai Lama apologizes after video asking child to 'suck' his tongue sparks outcry

260 posts in this topic

CNN makes entertaining content, don't they?! Some think it's fiction, some think it's non-fiction. I will give them props for entertainment, though. 

3 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

The assumption being that if there's little to no evidence,  and it's rare for an average population of people, city goers and villages to behave a certain way, that means it's bad behaviour, creepy, cringe and bad and evil people do them. This begs the question: Is the Dalai Lama's actions makes him a bad and evil person?

He is right tho. If this is a cultural thing it should be really easy to find at least a few examples showing that it is a normal thing there.

On the other hand, the opposite could also be proven by trying to find further evidence about the Lama's pedophilic tendencies. If he actually is a pedo, then there is probably more evidence to find.

Edited by zurew

@SunnyCyn

8 hours ago, SunnyCyn said:

The whole situation was lost in cultural differences, ignorance, drama and stupid ratings! 

This is true, so sad that many people's minds are slayed, aka thought terminated cliché. I am embarrassed by how the western culture/divisions are running with this story without careful unpacking of what really happened. This incident is another example of how the internet fucks up peoples' minds to the Tik Tok/Twitch community, and other social media websites, rampant increases of ADD/ADHD, neuroticism and Narcissism..

@zurew

3 hours ago, zurew said:

He is right tho. If this is a cultural thing it should be really easy to find at least a few examples showing that it is a normal thing there.

On the other hand, the opposite could also be proven by trying to find further evidence about the Lama's pedophilic tendencies. If he actually is a pedo, then there is probably more evidence to find.

This is a witch hunt that I find highly unreasonable, and manufactured by the media. The original translation isn't 'suck my tongue', it's 'eat my tongue', done in a playful jest way. The Dalai Lama is known for being a joker, like the Hodge Twins. People nowadays are so fucking sensitive that they're willing to cancel and censor humorous people like the Hodge Twins and Dalai Lama. So, when the Hodge Twins do their dark humour, are they describing what really happened in their past, or are they just being humorous and funny?

So, what's happening here in this thread, I initially was defending the Dalai Lama a bit, then retreated into an agnostic centrist position of I don't know, whilst commenting on the developmental psychology and shadow aspects of this situation. But I change my mind, I'm lowering myself done again to defend the Dalai Lama due to too much cultural differences between the west and Tibet, just like there's cultural differences between China and Tibet that the CCP invaded and did terrible things to the Tibet monks, it all starts with differences and misinterpretations and ignorance. This whole situation is fucking ridiculous.

@mr_engineer

4 hours ago, mr_engineer said:

CNN makes entertaining content, don't they?! Some think it's fiction, some think it's non-fiction. I will give them props for entertainment, though. 

CNN should be ashamed with themselves, they were a very objective based news media outlet, and now they're behaving like the vultures outside CNN and in the internet communities, so disgusting because if they're careful with the translation they'll know they fucked up with the Dalai Lama's a pedo angle, but by now admitting fault here they'll get a huge PR reduction, so here we are.

Can't believe some people are defending Dalai..

Makes me wonder.. What would it take for you to not defend him? ? A sexvideo?

But of course such people always have loyal fans/supporters. Some would support him even if there's a sextape with him.

Edited by Blackhawk

7 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Can't believe some people are defending Dalai..

Makes me wonder.. What would it take for you to not defend him? ? A sexvideo?

But of course such people always have loyal fans/supporters. Some would support him even if there's a sextape with him.

My only point is that when the mainstream media finds a reason to demonize a spiritual leader, that's very suspicious. 

It's becoming ever more obvious how they fabricate narratives to demonize whoever their bosses want them to demonize. 

13 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

My only point is that when the mainstream media finds a reason to demonize a spiritual leader, that's very suspicious. 

It's becoming ever more obvious how they fabricate narratives to demonize whoever their bosses want them to demonize. 

No, use your eyes and watch the longest available video about what happened.

It would be weird if media didn't hype it up. Natural and good reaction. Like if a asteroid will hit earth then it's healthy that media will hype it up.

I'm not saying that Dalai is a evil monster just because he happens to be attracted to little boys (he can't help it). But I wish people would see the truth and not start all kind of weird false defenses like "it was just for fun", "it's just a cultural difference", "it's just media demonizing him", etc. Just stop.

Open your eyes and see what's actually going on.

Edited by Blackhawk

Pedophile derangement syndrome as has been going on in the west for quite a while now. Could it be that the Dalai Lama is secretly a pedophile? Sure. Is the footage somehow indication that he is a pedophile? No.

Glory to Israel

27 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

But of course such people always have loyal fans/supporters. Some would support him even if there's a sextape with him

I doubt anyone here is a dalai lama fan. I personally never watched any of his videos until now. I got interested in checking his videos after the media exploaded. The guy clearly has one of the purest hearts on the planet. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@Blackhawk Never ever forget that capitalism benefits a lot from materialistic atheism to reign supreme. When people look to material pleasure for happiness, the people selling the coping-mechanisms do very well. 

Which is why the media will always have incentives to demonize religion and spiritual leaders. 

It's just that sometimes, you get the opportunity to see how they fabricate stuff. It's truly remarkable, the levels of deception they'll go to. 

37 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I doubt anyone here is a dalai lama fan. I personally never watched any of his videos until now. I got interested in checking his videos after the media exploaded. The guy clearly has one of the purest hearts on the planet. 

Of course many people here like him, because he is spiritual and shit, and supposedly enlightened I guess, all that stuff.

Dalai Lama was chosen when he was a child. So they could early in his life mould him. And of course he also had lots of time to learn to fake being nice.

So he's probably not naturally a saint.

Like silicone boobs. (I like them).

30 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

@Blackhawk Never ever forget that capitalism benefits a lot from materialistic atheism to reign supreme. When people look to material pleasure for happiness, the people selling the coping-mechanisms do very well. 

Which is why the media will always have incentives to demonize religion and spiritual leaders. 

It's just that sometimes, you get the opportunity to see how they fabricate stuff. It's truly remarkable, the levels of deception they'll go to. 

Nice conspiracy theory you got there.

But that has nothing to do with the video itself. You are talking about irrelevant stuff.

10 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

The 'conspiracy-theory' term was also coined by the CIA to demonize and silence anyone who questions their supreme authority. 

12 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

But that has nothing to do with the video itself. You are talking about irrelevant stuff.

What I'm saying, is, that it's very interesting how the media demonizes 'racism' when it benefits them and when it doesn't benefit them, they start acting in racist ways! It's 'racism' to say that the Taliban are a bunch of terrorist barbarians (which they are) but someone sticks out their tongue the wrong way, the way it's done in their culture, everyone loses their shit. That's real racism! 

48 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

So they could early in his life mould him. And of course he also had lots of time to learn to fake being nice.

?

impressive imagination skills

But why would u even believe such a randomly created out of nowhere narrative... you might as well sayed, they're all payed actors.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@Jwayne

12 hours ago, Jwayne said:

The favorable interpretation ranges from Dalai Lama can do nothing wrong because he's a spiritually superior being to he made an innocent mistake.

The unfavorable interpretation ranges from he is expressing the dark side of volcel sexual repression and perhaps has done similar (or worse) behaviors before in-private to he acted inappropriately.

We cannot know his intentions. The benefit of the doubt goes to his lifetime(s) of spiritual practice.

We cannot know the suffering he may have brought to the kid. The benefit of the doubt goes to take caution in protecting the child.

It is logical that there ought to be more evidence of his 'inappropriate' lifestyle/activity, if it exists. 

And it is also reasonable to expect some statement from the family if they felt the situation was inappropriate or not.

Another context is whether Tibetan culture accepts the Dalai Lama'a actions. That may be a mixed reaction. Maybe something more definitive will surface.

1. All superior spiritual beings are innocent. Dalai Lama is a superior spiritual being. Therefore, Dalai Lama is innocent. Is this valid/invalid syllogism?

1b. The Dalai Lama has hugged and kissed the boy on the lips several seconds ago, and later joked while sticking he's tongue to the child. The Dalai Lama is then a pedophile. How is this inductive reasoning true?

2. what is the range of him expressing the dark side of Volcel? What is Volcel? And why do you think this inductive reasoning is true?

3. If we cannot know his intentions, then why are you attacking and accusing the Dalai Lama in the first place, and assuming his intention beforehand as if it's sexual and not humor?

4. If we cannot know the suffering of the child, then why are you assuming that the child's suffering is being caused by the Dalai Lama's actions? Have you at least contacted the child?

5. is the 'is it logical that there ought to be more evidence of his "inappropriate lifestyle/activity, if it exists' a deductive or inductive claim? What makes your inference true here?

6. So, if the family stays quiet, then would you consider that that makes the Dalai Lama's actions valid? If they spoke out to make their statement, and later found that media reporters payed them for making false testimonies that Dalai Lama's actions are inappropriate because the family is poor, does this invalidate the accusations to the Dalai Lama?

7. Since there's nothin definitive yet that has surfaced about the Dalai Lama, or what Tibetan community as a whole thinks about this incident, why are we discussing and arguing then? Can't we first wait for confirmation first?

@zurew

9 hours ago, zurew said:

If this is true, then it's easy for the accusers here to show a list of evidence and proofs that sticking out tongues in Tibetan culture is a taboo, and for the defenders sticking out a tongue is cultural greeting in Tibet. Since there's a lack of evidence from either side in this issue, then it's unreasonable to continue attacking or defending the character of Dalai Lama.

Again, where's the list of evidences to back up claims of the Dalai Lama's pedophilia? This is the burden of proofs from the accusers, so where are they?

Try to step outside of the social media matrix for a second and just notice that we are spending valuable time and resources discussing whether it is appropriate to stick out your tongue or not. When you are caught in the matrix the emotions create a psychodrama out of it and make it seem real.  This is an opportunity to awaken from the dream.  The Dalai Lama is just doing his job as a spiritual teacher.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Jodistrict

5 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

Try to step outside of the social media matrix for a second and just notice that we are spending valuable time and resources discussing whether it is appropriate to stick out your tongue or not. When you are caught in the matrix the emotions create a psychodrama out of it and make it seem real.  This is an opportunity to awaken from the dream.  The Dalai Lama is just doing his job as a spiritual teacher.  

Sure, although it's relative and depends on so many factors, including weather, it's stormy and windy outside so I can't touch grass, I'm stuck indoors with little to do but to contemplate life and what does it mean to be 'tongue and cheek' in reality?

16 hours ago, Jwayne said:

There should be other videos of old Tibetan men and young boys behaving like this, right?

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

4 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Of course many people here like him, because he is spiritual and shit, and supposedly enlightened I guess, all that stuff.

Dalai Lama was chosen when he was a child. So they could early in his life mould him. And of course he also had lots of time to learn to fake being nice.

So he's probably not naturally a saint.

4 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Oh the ironing

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus