LSD-Rumi

Is life random or planned? Or both?

17 posts in this topic

I radically believe in the randomness of life. Life is based on randomness. Randomness made hydrogen atoms into stars, randomness made the organic material into bacteria, randomness prduced mammales and then primates and humans. 

However I of course believe in a greater plan beyond this randomness.

But how about the lives of individual beings? I believe that everyone's life is governed by their genes first and their environment second. This may mean that there is some sort of plan for everyone of us. Does the universe decide the plan for us? Does it choose which bodies we take after each death? Or is it just random too? Who knows, maybe your soul gets determine which reality you construct next based on your karma level.

So answering the question, life is both random and planned, a hybrid between the two.

You may also say based on the above arguments that freewill does both exist and does not. Your genes and environment govern you, but you also can break free from them.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

5 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

"What is randomness" <enter>

All randomness is fundamentally based on the random movement of atoms. The bigbang gave rise to atoms which ketp moving until they formed more atoms and then compunds and stars and everything.

There is no such thing as randomness as all is imagined by god. God can simulate randomness but it's not actually random. Reality is fully deterministic

25 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

All randomness is fundamentally based on the random movement of atoms. The bigbang gave rise to atoms which ketp moving until they formed more atoms and then compunds and stars and everything.

Randomness....sigh....I need you to actually put some effort behind your world views. If everything operated on randomness, then I could throw a grenade in my room and it would establish order. An explosion is what is called chaos. Now there is a specific order to an explosion that can be discovered but that order, that pattern would be more closer to randomness.

Number 2 if it were ONLY random then order actually couldn't exist. Number 3 if randomness were the main principle that guided everything then that means that logic wouldn't exist. Because logic is not random.

When you divide the world into ONE way, you create a skewed world view that doesn't make any sense. Also if randomness were true, evolution through fitness would be an impossibility. In fact you couldn't build a house as a human or societies if randomness was the operant principle.

Don't believe me? Go build a simulator (which you would need logic and the lack of randomness to actually construct it. Then after you construct it, set up a random number generator to run it with no premise towards a particular outcome and watch as it falls apart and fails to hold together. You cannot have consistency with randomness. It take a conscious intelligence for consistency.

Don't believe me? Go live your life based on randomness which you can't because your survival needs, which are run by logic would disrupt that attempt. You would have to be absolutely, completely okay with dying a brutally painful death to truly live life randomly.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Razard86 You literally didn't produce any evidence against randomness. It is not athestic or materialistic to believe in randomness, randomness is God's way of creating things or at least this 3d universe.

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

If everything operated on randomness, then I could throw a grenade in my room and it would establish order

God literally did that, lol.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

36 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

An explosion is what is called chaos.

The chaos of the fly is the order of the spyder.

I try to stay with absolute insights rather than conjecture, but this is a pet topic (free will was the first post I created here), so here is a nutshell hybrid based on how I currently see it.

Freedom correlates positively with absolute realization. As the absolute appears to move from misidentification to realization to unconditional changelessness, freedom increases. Absolute freedom is only expressed from absolute reality.

Within the cosmos, at moderate levels of relative reality, there is no freedom. Everything is cause and effect, per Newton's model. None of us here is absolutely free, although awakening and enlightenment are relatively more free states. The thinner the self becomes, the more free the absolute is to express itself within the dream.

Moving to the extremes of astrophysics and quantum physics, freedom is increasingly realized. The movement of a particle is no longer predictable, but the pattern of its collective expression is. Absolute freedom requires being entirely beyond the cosmos.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Random unless you make plans ?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

in low consciousness like here, it's fully planned.

Edited by Jowblob

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

45 minutes ago, Moksha said:

I try to stay with absolute insights rather than conjecture, but this is a pet topic (free will was the first post I created here), so here is a nutshell hybrid based on how I currently see it.

Freedom correlates positively with absolute realization. As the absolute appears to move from misidentification to realization to unconditional changelessness, freedom increases. Absolute freedom is only expressed from absolute reality.

Within the cosmos, at moderate levels of relative reality, there is no freedom. Everything is cause and effect, per Newton's model. None of us here is absolutely free, although awakening and enlightenment are relatively more free states. The thinner the self becomes, the more free the absolute is to express itself within the dream.

Moving to the extremes of astrophysics and quantum physics, freedom is increasingly realized. The movement of a particle is no longer predictable, but the pattern of its collective expression is. Absolute freedom requires being entirely beyond the cosmos.

came to say the same, ego is enslavement and destiny and god is freedom and reality

ego has no choice, it just repeats the past

god has every possibility, it is creating the future

25 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

@LSD-Rumi it wasn't a ChatGPT prompt, it was a contemplation prompt. :PIf you are positing randomness then you better know exactly what it is and how it works. If you don't, then you better first find out if there really is such a thing.

Lol. I already know what randomness is. It is the random movement of atoms which produce things of higher hierarchy. This is randomness.

@LSD-Rumi it’s not random..

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

In my experience it is both. Just like in nightly dreams. In lucid dream you can dra whatever you like but you also can dream up random things in a dream.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

It's neither random nor planned. It's the Highest Will, right NOW. Not random at all and not planned "in advance" or "for the future".

The Answer is always Both.

As above so below, as within so without.

12 hours ago, M A J I said:

The Answer is always Both.

Both + Beyond Both

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I'd say life is planned as a kind of game that reality plays with itself, but without knowing the result. it is something it does to go deeper, to penetrate more within itself. It is a game in which there is passion and where no pain is spared.

Edited by Breakingthewall