Leo Gura

Important! - Nobody On This Forum Is AWAKE

1,427 posts in this topic

@axiom Love the analogy. Unfortunately the counting game never stops, you can only shrug and walk along the seashore hoping that your transient footprints may be a guide or not.

Oh, and speaking of analogies Jonathan Livingston Seagull has the same message and is one of my favorites.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

6 minutes ago, Jowblob said:

He isn't, there is no such thing as god realization while being in the dream in other words realizing god and doing anything you want. It is only possible if you "CHOOSE" a dream like that but even when you "CHOOSE" a dream like that you're still not god realized because you can only go so far in consciousness otherwise "others" will dissapear. Inliytened1 is just god playing games, he isn't in control , he types sht on behalf of GOD just as Leo

The only thing you said correctly here is that others will disappear in the final awakening.   The final awakening is to exit the dream altogether and become just pure Infinity.   This is what you are, and what you always were.  You will go back to that as the Mind that you are.  And you will conjure up some other reality to feed your consciousness because you are Absolute.   But you are Absolute.  You will linger there for eternity, and then you will once again create time and space.  You will create a finite world and place yourself in it.  You have nothing else to do.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

This is what you have been spoonfed for so long. But there is actual awakening! 

It happens, to nobody, so realistically he's right. Obviously if there's still somebody there, it's not ego death. You aren't going to encounter ego death by reading the forum no way.

@Leo Gura For me, there are two different states. The first state is where you are inside the illusion of the mind. The second is when you are fully aware of the illusion of the mind. Instead of living as a character of the movie, you are now in the theatre watching the movie. You are fully conscious of the world created by the mind. Outside the mind, there’s Nothing. So you can’t have different things outside the mind. Either you’re in the movie or out. There’s no third option.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 minute ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura For me, there are two different states. The first state is where you are inside the illusion of the mind. The second is when you are fully aware of the illusion of the mind.

That's not how it works. That's incredibly simple-minded.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, OldManCorcoran said:

It happens, to nobody, so realistically he's right. Obviously if there's still somebody there, it's not ego death. You aren't going to encounter ego death by reading the forum no way.

Yeah it happens to nobody.  IT happens.  You are an IT.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

Stare at your hand for a week.  Then come back and I'll be serious with you.  

Staring at a hand is far too interesting. Staring at a rendered concrete wall, now that's something. I don't know why more people don't do it.

Apparently.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Not only are there degrees of Awakening, there are hundreds of different kinds of Awakening which are very different from each other.

Which is why hardly any two spiritual teachers agree with each other. Haven't you noticed they all disagree? How come? Obviously because there is no such thing as a singular Awakening. People who claim there is only one Awakening are not serious.

They disagree due to having different conceptual frameworks with which to convey a message.

I don't see how or why anything matters except what reality fundamentally is. Why does it matter if it's all an alien playing with a marble like Men in Black, when the alien itself is a manifestation of reality. Surely it only matters what the fundamental reality of which the alien is part of actually is, who would care about anything other than that?

30 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Love the analogy. Unfortunately the counting game never stops, you can only shrug and walk along the seashore hoping that your transient footprints may be a guide or not.

I'll take one shrug and one seashore but hold the hope.

Apparently.

1 minute ago, axiom said:

Staring at a hand is far too interesting. Staring at a rendered concrete wall, now that's something. I don't know why more people don't do it.

I can't even fathon someone reading a forum then staring at their hand and thinking that's ego death, and being unable to function for a week.

Incomprehensible levels of influencability, like one of the dudes who get breathed on by their sensei and start convulsing on the floor.

For real though, good objects for meditation tend to be quite overpowering. I have a very bright yellow/orange teddy bear and that's quite good. It's easier to get lost in something visually overpowering.

2 minutes ago, OldManCorcoran said:

I can't even fathon someone reading a forum then staring at their hand and thinking that's ego death, and being unable to function for a week.

I was looking at my hand just now. What I saw shocked me so deeply that I could barely type afterwards - but then I have been doing a ton of DIY this week.

Apparently.

IMAGINATION

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

3 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Do you think that Leo has been carefully reading all your posts, submitting them to a thorough analysis, and after much doubt and concern, has come to the sad conclusion that you are not awake? Leo is a guy who says things, and that's it. who knows what you are? only you know

Obviously I'm not actually doing that. I was speaking poetically with my comment, as if I was a voice for all of us who have been following Leo for 5+ years.

3 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Who's forcing you to debate or holding you back from communicating and exploring?

Nothing. I was addressing this community and forum specifically in that quote.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

24 minutes ago, OldManCorcoran said:

They disagree due to having different conceptual frameworks with which to convey a message.

Nope. It's way deeper than that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 3/24/2023 at 2:46 AM, Leo Gura said:

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Lol. Say that 10x's fast.

Applied Non-Duality Is An Oxymoron. There's nothing to apply because it's already done.

There are 3 types of matter. Dark matter, Anti Matter, and Doesn't Matter.

The difference between being asleep or awake is this: when you are asleep, you live in your mind and your senses, you think that there is such a thing as awakening, and you would like to achieve it. One day, with a psychedelic, or meditating, or whatever, suddenly, the limits that conform to you are broken. You see that what you are is a bottomless well, and that well opens up and glory emerges. That was you and always was, the totality of existence, the sacred flow of pure love that springs from the bottomless void.

encompassing the infinite, you recognize yourself as the totality of existence. Time seems meaningless, you are always there. Your happiness is perfect. Your freedom, absolute. You have no bottom, there is no loneliness, only freedom. This seems the most normal thing in the world to you! It was always like this. You're never going to forget it, how could you! It's impossible... wait, how? Who ? I don't understand...ah, I forgot. The door that was opened has been closed... Shit, the perfection is gone, but the cup that was empty has been filled. The prodigal son has returned. And well, the door it is a little more open than it was. Nothing, never, was so real than this. Everything in life seemed in black and white, and this was in color and 3d. It's sad to live again in the fog, but what to do? Clarity all time seems impossible 

Edited by Breakingthewall

54 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yeah it happens to nobody.  IT happens.  You are an IT.  

The framework which doesn't use the you word is so easy it can be explained to absolutely anyone and they will understand what you're saying.

It is a common idea for people with the whole droplets and oceans, but death has no involvement of whirlpools expanding back out into rivers or any other similar ideas. The appearance of whatever constituted the person is gone, there doesn't need to be an expansion into God any more than any particular temporary sensory experience doesn't die and expand into God. A color doesn't go to Heaven when you don't see it anymore.

If you choose to comminicate using a conceptual framework including the idea of a self, you will inevitably on some level transmit to people an idea of some remnant of a witness or ego. You can't actually escape it. Because nobody will understand that if they are watching TV in bed, and someone walks by a landmark they saw earlier in that day, that they are seeing the landmark. They will always proclaim "I am not seeing the landmark, I am in bed!"

But to say the sight itself of the TV screen and the sight itself of the landmark exists, there is no confusion at all. If your friend texts you that they are looking at the Eiffel Tower and you'd been there earlier and saw it but are now in bed watching TV, the reason nobody is shocked by this is because intuitively nobody has any issue with the existence of various appearing phenomena. ALL OF THE CONFUSION is in the idea of who sees it. And that demonstrates the fact so clearly, that I cannot believe anybody would still choose to use the self framework at all. Existence appears as the sight of the tower and every single time it takes the shape of the sight of the tower, it is completely identical. Every single time it is the sight of the tower and nothing more. Regardless of who is stood there seeing it, because nobody ever sees it, there is the sight of the tower and it is present. And then it's not. And then it is. Then it's not. Every single time the same exactly as though you were there yourself, because the entire experience of seeing it is the shape reality has taken.

Edited by OldManCorcoran

43 minutes ago, axiom said:

I'll take one shrug and one seashore but hold the hope.

I haven't read it since I was a kid, but within the dream there's always hope.

Look at Fletcher! Lowell! Charles-Roland! Judy Lee! Are they also special and gifted and divine? No more than you are, no more than I am. The only difference, the very only one, is that they have begun to understand what they really are and have begun to practice it.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.