MisterNobody

Leo being biased is a sign of low consciousness

70 posts in this topic

Leo posted this on October 8, 2022:

"CNN - Biden Decriminalizes Marijuana

People who say Biden and Trump are equally bad, are morons."

God would say: neither Biden nor Trump is good. Both Biden and Trump are good. Being biased is a sign of low consciousness. I dont criticize Leo for being biased ( being in human low consciousness form ). But I wonder if he's aware good & bad are subjective opinions. From an absolute objective perspective (also not in time but eternal), there is no such thing as good and bad. Things just are. Good and bad are subjective, temporal, human concepts. 

To call another "low consciousness" is to call yourself "low consciousness".

@tuku747 no, not really. Enlightenment is an illusion, but if we were to take enlightenment seriously, hating Trump and loving Biden is low consciousness

5 hours ago, MisterNobody said:

God would say: neither Biden nor Trump is good. Both Biden and Trump are good. Being biased is a sign of low consciousness. I dont criticize Leo for being biased ( being in human low consciousness form ). But I wonder if he's aware good & bad are subjective opinions. From an absolute objective perspective (also not in time but eternal), there is no such thing as good and bad. Things just are. Good and bad are subjective, temporal, human concepts. 

@MisterNobody You miss exacly that point: he wasn't talking in absolute terms, but relatively. On the relative level, in general, conservative poeple tend to be more close-minded, resulting in a resistence in passing progressive laws.

5 hours ago, MisterNobody said:

Being biased is a sign of low consciousness.

There are differnet levels of being biased. Leo's certainly less biased than most poeple on the planet. Every one has biases or tendencies, even enlightened poeple. Without tendencies you wouldn't be incarnated in a meat suit right now.

Except even if you think of Biden or Trump, you are already speaking about relative things… so….

Understanding God doesn’t mean you become a moron who can’t make distinctions and have opinions and values as a person. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

9 hours ago, MisterNobody said:

From an absolute objective perspective (also not in time but eternal), there is no such thing as good and bad. Things just are.

So that means if someone were to stab you in the foot with a sharpened pitchfork, that’s also good… right?!  ;)

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

Sentiments like this seem painfully myopic to me.

As a human incarnation of God you'd still have to survive in the relative domain, meaning absolute truths such as "all is equally good" only applies after complete transcendence of the human limitation, which has never been shown to be possible (and if it were, would impose implications you probably haven't considered, such as simultaneously embodying infinite states of consciousness which would limit their original human avatar to an infinitesimally small fragment of their total awareness such that they are not actually human anymore). 

With this logic, an "enlightened" person should have abandoned all behavioral tendencies and even instinctive conditioning such that putting on clothes and eating food would be such arbitrary and specific tasks that they would never do them, and such a person would be dead in a matter of days.

Preferring Biden over Trump (or preferring the pursuit of prosperity over inevitable genocide) is inherently part of being human, the very facet of itself God chose to incarnate into.

You are conflating relative and absolute domains and statement.

I can say that Trump is an evil motherfucker. And at the same time, he's is still God, Perfect, and couldn't be otherwise.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Yimpa Ultimately, yes. I'm sure getting stabbed will have its benefits. It's hard to see this

@Leo Gura Can't you see that in the long run (in the 'complete' run, to be more precise) Trump is equally as good as Biden. The liberal way has its advantages but also its disadvantages (which I think you havent really thought about, really). The conservative way has its advantages (which are hard to see now, because we already had them for some time, and we take them for granted) and also its disadvantages (which we all seem to focus on right now). I promise you both paths are the same in the long run. Not to sound arrogant but it's hard to believe that someone as smart as you still doesnt understand that all paths have the same value, ultimately. Thought exercise: think about what this world would look like today if Hitler continued with his plan. 

13 minutes ago, MisterNobody said:

@Leo Gura Can't you see that in the long run (in the 'complete' run, to be more precise) Trump is equally as good as Biden.

Absolutely not.

Stop conflating relative and absolute domains. Politics is the domain of the relative. The "complete run" doesn't apply to politics. In the "complete run" we're all dead. But until then it matters how we live. Politics is us deciding how we live.

I promise you both paths are the same in the long run.

No, no, no.

Thought exercise: think about what this world would look like today if Hitler continued with his plan.

You say that from the comfort of your cushy position in life. If your family was getting sent to the gas chambers and your ass was sent into trench warfare, all your thought experiments would fly out the window.

You speak of philosophy without appreciating the cold, stark survival realities that come with bad politics.

I dare you to go visit the front lines in Ukraine and take a look at what politics looks like in the real world. You've been watching too much TV and doing too much theorizing. When a bullet flies next to your head, then you'll understand why not all paths are the same.

Edited by Leo Gura

@MisterNobody here is a mindfuck for you, if you want to hold others to this Absolute standard: not valueing everything the same and valueing everything the same all have the same value from the Absolutistic view, so why judge it?

Taking a step back from conflating the absolute with the relative, you have to read things in the context they were given. Of course, if you put a certain thing in a different context, then it will mean different thing and it will have to be judged according to that context/standard.

Also, you can value things based on different metrics and for different reasons. If you value survival thats already a bias, and some things will be more useful for survival and for politics than other things and denying it would be a big mistake.

Its completely useless (in the context of survival and in the context of politics and a buch of other things) to virtue signal the "I am unbiased" behaviour , because 1) its not true (the fact that you are alive, already necessitates that you are biased towards survival) and 2) its impossible to give prescriptions or to move towards any specific value or goal.

Edited by zurew

And yes, I absolutely am biased in the domain of politics. I am biased towards intelligent and fair governance. That is definitely a bias which many people do not share. And I will claim you are wrong for not sharing it. You are wrong because you yourself will not want to live in a society without that bias.

The issue is that you're a hypocrite. You say that all things are equal, but if you were living in Iraq or Russia you would be begging to move out of there. So by your own standards things are not equal for you. So be careful not to pretend like they are.

Edited by Leo Gura

30 minutes ago, zurew said:

@MisterNobody here is a mindfuck for you, if you want to hold others to this Absolute standard: not valueing everything the same and valueing everything the same all have the same value from the Absolutistic view, so why judge it?

Yes they both have the same value ULTIMATELY. I am not judging it, I am not saying "you SHOULD believe all paths are the same", I am simply expressing the Absolute Universal Truth: all paths are the same (when one's life is viewed from Outside of Time, as a whole - from the beginning to the end). I am not saying I am valuing truth above falsehood, I am not truth biased, I am merely expressing the Truth.

Also when I say all paths have the same value I dont mean on a right-wrong scale, I mean on a pleasure-pain scale

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

And yes, I absolutely am biased in the domain of politics. I am biased towards intelligent and fair governance. That is definitely a bias which many people do not share. And I will claim you are wrong for not sharing it. You are wrong because you yourself will not want to live in a society without that bias.

The issue is that you're a hypocrite. You say that all things are equal, but if you were living in Iraq or Russia you would be begging to move out of there. So by your own standards things are not equal for you. So be careful not to pretend like they are.

Exactly. An unfair society is only good for a few. An oligarchy of sociopaths. And this sociopathic oligarchy controls everything, including the minds of the general population and convinces them that it is good and fair.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

46 minutes ago, MisterNobody said:

Context is a temporary and human-specific concept. It belongs to the ego

In that case, you should abandon the context of "being unbiased" and you shouldn't have any problem with people who are not totally unbiased, because if you have even a slight problem with it, that means that you are biased towards being unbiased and by that, you instantly defeat your own argument .

If you would truly value the concept of being unbiased, you wouldn't have made any judgement regarding this issue, and you wouldn't value being unbiased more than being biased.

The  moment you make a judgement, you immediately put yourself in the biased camp (which is totally fine and good, because all of us are biased).

Edited by zurew

God can say anything he wants, he doesn't care about differentiating between being undifferentiated and differentiated, good or evil, or so on.

God can say: Love you, hate you, fuck you, or anything else in the world :)

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

@zurew I have a problem with people who say they are unbiased and it turns out they are biased. I'm judging by the standard they come up with for themselves. 

@Leo Gura The "complete run" applies to everything since your life is the only thing that exists. 
You view politics as the domain of the relative because you still think dying today is worse than dying 30 years later.
It all comes back to the "all paths are the same" theory. Although it's not a theory, it's the absolute truth. 
I know it's hard to see how every curse turns into a blessing and how every blessing turns into a curse.
Dying today is no different than dying 30 years later when it comes to pleasure-pain. It's all the same really.
Please try contemplating dying today vs dying when you're 85. What's the difference?
Contemplate suicide vs dying of old age. Which is more painful really?