MisterNobody

Leo being biased is a sign of low consciousness

70 posts in this topic

Yes, I'd rather be lying on a bed with a feather duvet than on a nails mattress of fakir being naked in the winter night. This shows that I'm not awake

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Breakingthewall ur so biased can’t you see that’s all just relative?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

7 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Breakingthewall ur so biased can’t you see that’s all just relative?

I'm biased, but to certain point. At the end everything is direct experience and that's it. But i prefer do good business that be a homeless eaten by the rats

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Carl-Richard I'm not condemning you for being biased. I just want you to realize you could have chosen the opposite and it would have been the same in the "complete run", when it comes to pain-pleasure. You can choose a path but do not defend it seriously

9 hours ago, MisterNobody said:

When you say relative you probably mean that for some people being governed by liberals is better, while for some people being governed by republicans is better. But this is true only for a short period of time ( a few years ). If you were able to see the big picture that is your life you will understand that the the form of government you chose was beneficial to you for a few years and then the disadvantages of that particular party came to harm you. Then you'll realize both paths have the same value in the long run and how foolish you were for being so seriously biased.

The concept of advantage and disadvantage can only make sense in the relative world. In the relative world, there are necessary tradeoffs, because of the limitations and if someone is for example is biased towards survival, we can use the variable of survival as a context to evaluate certain things. Getting shot in the head is bad, if you are a jew and a nazi party is on the rise thats extra bad for you and increases the chance of you getting killed (threataning the variable [survival], that you care about). Going from that, not voting on a nazi party is good, doing certain things that will avoid the nazi party to get elected is good, 

God doesn't care about any finite set of metrics, only a human care about finite metrics. But if you do care about a finite set of metrics, then you can use those to evaulate situations and things in the biased context of your own survival. God doesn't care about your survival more than about anything else, but you do.

You keep talking about bigger pictures, but humans don't have the capacity or the intention to always care about the bigpicture. If humanity care about survival, then God killing all humans on this planet would be bad for humans, but it might be good for this Planet overall. You can keep changing the frame and about how meta you want to go, but as long as you acknowledge that in God's eye humans are not on the top of the value hierarchy (because everything has the same value), you need to acknowledge, that there are things that could be considered bad in the context of "humanity surviving" or developing.

@zurew if you think getting shot in the head today is worse than dying of old age I honestly can't help you. You have some real thinking to do

1 minute ago, MisterNobody said:

@zurew if you think getting shot in the head today is worse than dying of old age I honestly can't help you. You have some real thinking to do

You can "think" whatever you want. But in reality, all your fancy thoughts and philosophy will fly out of the window the moment something remotely bad happens to you. Bias is hardwired in your existence. In fact, if you're proving anything with this thread, it's this. You are simply proving your bias. If you were unbiased, you would not be here trying to convince anyone of anything.

Unbiased people are dead. You are alive. So enough with this nonsense.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 hour ago, MisterNobody said:

if you think getting shot in the head today is worse than dying of old age I honestly can't help you. You have some real thinking to do

You are not even trying to engage with my point. In the context where a person wants to survive (which I clearly stated and you deliberately try to miss it) it is indeed worse to get shot in the head than dying by old age.

But notice that you made a valuejudgement by saying that dying by old age is worse than getting shot in the head. By that statement you showed that you are just as biased as everyone else and you have no high ground here and you are not participating in any "I have no bias" kind of bullshit.

The fact that you are alive right now, shows that you are biased towards survival ,and no fancy philosophy or thoughts will get you out of that.

You are that hippy kid who recognized that ultimately everything is relative and now incapable to engage with any topics, and you think that you are more intelligent and conscious than everyone else - not realising , that everyone else had the same realisation years ago.

The fact is that you are not revelaing anything new to anyone here, the only thing you are showing right now,is that you lack the ability to properly weight variables and things in a given context.

Edited by zurew

2 hours ago, MisterNobody said:

@Breakingthewall being homeless has its perks. I'm sure you haven't REALLY thought about that. I'm sure you know nothing about that

Wow you are sure about many things 

Every other person IS YOU! 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Gesundheit2 I am biased and there's no problem with that. I choose survival everyday but I know I could choose death and it would be the same really. I understand this on an intellectual level. Of course I won't be able to kill myself. I cannot embody this principle because as you said, survival in hardwired in me. This is an intellectual concept but it's true nonetheless 

4 hours ago, MisterNobody said:

@Carl-Richard I'm not condemning you for being biased. I just want you to realize you could have chosen the opposite and it would have been the same in the "complete run", when it comes to pain-pleasure. You can choose a path but do not defend it seriously

Does me choosing to cut myself twice a week lead to the same level of pain as me not choosing to do that?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@zurew I never said dying of old age is better. You can quote me showing me where I said that.

I have no problem with you choosing to survive (I also choose that). I have a problem with the fact that you think survival is better than dying right now. What you dont understand is that choosing to survive will bring the same amount of pleasure-pain than shooting yourself in the head right now. I invite you to think about this when you feel smart and open minded. 

1 minute ago, MisterNobody said:

@Carl-Richard Yes. It will desensitize you to future pains;)

What if you keep cutting yourself more and more every time, with the pain getting more intense every time, until you die?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

14 minutes ago, MisterNobody said:

I have a problem with the fact that you think survival is better than dying right now.

Yes I am biased towards survival , just as you and just as everyone else, who is here. The word "better" have to be shaped by a finite context, if you remove all context the word "better" doesn't really mean anything. 

When I say the word "better" it is given in a very specific context (in the context of survival) and it is not intented to be an ultimately objective sentence (when you remove all finite contexts).

We can take any finite set of metrics (for example who is a faster runner or who is stronger or any other finite metric) and then we can compare two person and we can find out who is better at those things.

14 minutes ago, MisterNobody said:

What you dont understand is that choosing to survive will bring the same amount of pleasure-pain than shooting yourself in the head right now.

This is false, and here you are making valuejudgements in the context of finite metrics and now we can objectively evaulate your claims. If I get tortured by the most horrific methods for weeks, that will objectively bring more pain to me than somebody shooting me in the head.

Edited by zurew