Unlimited

How do I know if the experience on psychedelics is real?

32 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, LostSoul said:

@Leo Gura yes, so how come oneself know what is true? Isnt always one deceived in some way?

It's mostly a matter of degree. You don't need to be perfect to realize Absolute Truth.

There is such a thing as Absolute Truth and Omniscience.

By doing proper philosophy you can transcend all self-deception. At least temporarily. That doesn't mean you will be perfect forever.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Unlimited When you wake up from the dream, you can't take the dream characters with you.  But you will wake up.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Unlimited When you wake up from the dream, you can't take the dream characters with you.  But you will wake up.

That hit me hard. 
So everybody else will cease to exist as I initially saw them, where I realize that it's all just in My Mind? All others is just me!? Sounds like a blast!

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

14 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Because if there wasn't something real outside then there is nothing to perceive.

Ask him how he knows that.

Basically the way to debate people like this is to question their assumptions about reality. The fundamental mistake skeptics make is not turning their skepticism on their own assumptions. That being said it's unlikely you will change their minds. Minds are won over by emotions and gut feelings. Not with logical argument. Logical argument is just there to reinforce your worldview.

Edited by spiritual memes

1 hour ago, ZenSwift said:

That hit me hard. 
So everybody else will cease to exist as I initially saw them, where I realize that it's all just in My Mind? All others is just me!? Sounds like a blast!

It's horrifying, but more satisfying than a heroin high.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 hours ago, ZenSwift said:

That hit me hard. 

Sounds like death.

It is what it is is it not?

On 14/03/2023 at 9:08 AM, Arthogaan said:

Tell him that out of billions of possible neurotransmitters in the brain he is hallucinating daily on serotonine, melatonine, adrenaline and others. So why would he assume that those substances give any more true picture than others.

No way.
Everything is arranged in a particularly precise way to allow this "holistic" energetic entity that we call human to survive, by giving the most precise information possible on the outside world.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

On 3/14/2023 at 1:26 AM, Unlimited said:

A friend is often very critical about psychedelics.
He is asking me how I can know if the experience on psychedelics is real and not just some illusion.
Even if I think it is real I find it difficult to explain him my point precisely.

What would you tell someone like him?

You say your friend is critical about psychedelics, but is he willing to do them himself? If not, then you can argue that he hasn't a clue what he's talking about. If yes, then you can do them with him, and assuming you've taken an adequate dose, you'll be able to do things like communicate telepathically with one another than afterward when the effects have subsided verify that it was a shared experience. And if that isn't enough for him, then you could trip with a few friends doing this with him in the room not having done anything, he'll start to hear you and your friends' thoughts in spite of being "sober". That'll make him see the light for sure.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

You are always seeing yourself.   There are no monsters or demons.  It is you.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

1 hour ago, Jodistrict said:

You are always seeing yourself.   There are no monsters or demons.  It is you.  

That would imply that monsters and demons are also you.

It is what it is is it not?