Petals

Actualized Quotes #027 is wrong

41 posts in this topic

Ok, I don't know for sure but I just want to remind you, Leo, that this is the kind of thing that played a role in someone killing himself. And the fact is, you don't know if it's true. I get that it seems so to you from the vantage point of your trips but have a look at the field of parapsychology or near-death experiences which hint at the possibility that sth of the personality is retained and therefore that ignorance remains after death.  Even the greats of the 20th century when it comes to spirituality have not espoused the view of your quote, at least many of them have not. I am not here to declare the truth of the matter because I don't know. I just want you to be cautious and entertain the possibility that you are wrong. You don't need to take me seriously but please take other authorities seriously who do not agree with you on this. Maybe you are open to what I wrote, but then you need to qualify your statement.

Edited by Petals

Sorry but he's 100% correct.  Death is an illusion.  

He's not wrong. If you're struggling with suicidal thoughts go back to more basic self-development work.

13 hours ago, Petals said:

ignorance remains after death

I think you're right. I don't think that death leads to the shedding of ignorance. Death leads to another incarnation -- another chance at becoming conscious. You have to die before you die to become truly conscious.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

Ya just don't know do ya

Death being "Bad" is just like, your opinion bro.

Honour your life. But don't demonize something you don't know. 

You exist right now as a human. So, honour it.

I deal with suicidal thoughts from time to time. But, I know they are like passing waves.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I do not have suicidal thoughts but thank you for trying to help. Nor do I deny that death is an illusion from the highest perspective. But the highest perspective doesn't help much on the levels of reality we find ourselves on - here on earth and in the possible afterlife. Therefore I think that such statements need to be qualified and used with caution.

2 hours ago, Petals said:

I do not have suicidal thoughts but thank you for trying to help. Nor do I deny that death is an illusion from the highest perspective. But the highest perspective doesn't help much on the levels of reality we find ourselves on - here on earth and in the possible afterlife. Therefore I think that such statements need to be qualified and used with caution.

Leo has qualified his statements and put disclaimers literally all over the place. And if you aren't interested in higher perspectives then what are you even doing here.

Your ignorance won't go anywhere just because your body is gone.

Ignorance is in the mind, not in the physical body. Sure, you'll be more free once you shed the body and its traumas, but you'll still be limited by the stuff that's in your mind / subtle body.

If you're not conscious in deep sleep, there's no reason to believe you'll be conscious after the physical body is gone.

You can become conscious of what death is, what consciousness was pre-birth, and what consciousness will be post-death.

This is the very heart of Awakening.

Physical incarnation is a limitation on Consciousness.

When I die, I will be more conscious and intelligent than I ever was here with you.

The fact that people do not understand this, is absurd.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can become conscious of what death is, what consciousness was pre-birth, and what consciousness will be post-death.

This is the very heart of Awakening.

Physical incarnation is a limitation on Consciousness.

When I die, I will be more conscious and intelligent than I ever was here with you.

The fact that people do not understand this, is absurd.

How is death different from a state of general anesthesia for example? Both seem to include the disappearance of the physical body and loss of identification with a finite form.

One could argue that the state of consciousness under general ansthesia is highly intelligent since it is unbound pure potentiality, lack borders and is not limited in that sense in any way. But I'm guessing you mean something different. 

Why do you see death as having this special status within consciousness?

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

Death doesn't exist. It's just the end of this life as we know it.

It's pretty obvious that we will return to whatever was before this life. Also that state will be obviously much more conscious.

General anaesthesia is (most of the time at least) more like deep dreamless sleep. Whatever happens there you're not able to remember it.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

2 hours ago, TheAlchemist said:

One could argue that the state of consciousness under general ansthesia is highly intelligent since it is unbound pure potentiality, lack borders and is not limited in that sense in any way. But I'm guessing you mean something different. 

Why do you see death as having this special status within consciousness?

Death doesn't have a special status. Death is not a state of light-off as you imagine. That's something you're currently dreaming. Death is actually the freeing of Consciousness from having to be bound to any particular form.

Consciousness under anesthesia is not highly intelligent at all.

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Death doesn't have a special status. Death is not a state of light-off as you imagine. That's something you're currently dreaming. Death is actually the freeing of Consciousness from having to be bound to any particular form.

Consciousness under anesthesia is not highly intelligent at all.

So what actually happens after death? Will “you” remember the human life? Choose what kind of next life to live? 

4 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

So what actually happens after death? Will “you” remember the human life? Choose what kind of next life to live? 

The lights completely turn on.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura

The lights completely turn on.

For everybody? Or for only those who have some kind of Spiritual understanding, for people like you. 

Indeed, there is life after death.

All evidence points to it. Mankind has recognized it as truth since forever.

Still, there is something terrifying about death.

I should prepare.