Ayham

Doubts after spending so much time with this work.

36 posts in this topic

Do you also get doubts after doing these practices for a long time on a daily basis? things like meditation, kriya yoga, contemplation, self inquiry, etc. 

and of course reading stuff on: self help, spirituality, philosophy, positive psychology, etc.

I get these doubts whenever I see scientific criticisms of these stuff as "new age", "woo woo", "irrational" ( even though my personal style is not "woo woo"  and I also know all the criticisms of science here but how does one gain confidence in his ideas, especially when they are so anti mainstream and criticized? ) 

I suppose these doubts are normal, but how can one know what's right, even with lots of contemplation and realizing these stuff directly I still feel doubts, and feeling like I am wasting my time. 

How can one stop being affected when hearing criticism? how can one know if he is delusional? is radical/philosophical skepticism the way (never really believing in anything, always being skeptic of one's thoughts and ideas , but still maintaining the practices) ?

You are in dark, because if you cant trust yourself and have independent thought, then me saying its waste of time delete the account would impact the course of your life if i gave you some reasons that sound very valid,problem is you dont have your own ideas and thoughts because then what would you be skeptical about? If they serve you and your personal growth wheres the problem?...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

I get these doubts whenever I see scientific criticisms of these stuff as "new age", "woo woo", "irrational" ( even though my personal style is not "woo woo"  and I also know all the criticisms of science here but how does one gain confidence in his ideas, especially when they are so anti mainstream and criticized? )

I suppose these doubts are normal, but how can one know what's right, even with lots of contemplation and realizing these stuff directly I still feel doubts, and feeling like I am wasting my time. 

"They" wouldn't get it. Everyone is God and deserves respect, but at the same time most (not all) humans are animals that will lash out and try to bring You down when You question their worldview. They only defend what they think they "know". So don't doubt yourself because of them.

You know/gain confidence by realizing what You are through BEING. Then no one can convince You otherwise because what they say is worthless compared to what You know You are. Of course You can still delude yourself and misinterpret experience (be careful about that!) and many humans (Your Dream = God = You) can be wiser than You and point You to where You aren't yet. But these "wise humans" aren't the scientific type in most cases. It's more like mystics, stage yellow/turquoise people or whoever. You gotta see TRUE quality in people and only look to those who seem the best in what they do. Of course You never know for sure whether You're right with the assessment.

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

How can one stop being affected when hearing criticism? how can one know if he is delusional? is radical/philosophical skepticism the way (never really believing in anything, always being skeptic of one's thoughts and ideas , but still maintaining the practices) ?

You stop being affected by being so confident in your being that outside critism is only a mosquito buzzing around. Most people are not doing this work and they simply don't know better. They will only try to sell You their worldview unconsciously.

You never fully know if You're not delusional. You have to be wise, You have to double-check yourself, You have to look at yourself from different angles. You can get inspired by the world, listen to others' perspectives and advice and examine what You hear with your wisdom.

Yes, be a sceptic of your thoughts and ideas. They're pretty much worthless because they're not IT. What matters is BEING. No word, no description, no interpretation can point to IT. To what You ARE.

Have faith. You have the strength to go beyond all the bullshit and reach what's True. Only YOU can do it... because only You are the Mystery You're trying to solve. :) You're gonna make it man, I believe in You!

Edited by Sincerity

@Ayham If I was you I'd start with what exactly you are getting from these practices concretely in your own experience. The more specific you can be in what it does for you, the better a case you will have for yourself.

If these practices turn out to in fact not be doing anything of meaning, then what's the point?

Relative to criticism, honestly why do you care? You don't need to deeply analyze a critic in order gauge whether or not it's constructive. Don't overcomplicate things. Have some faith in your own ability to know what is right for you. 

Edited by Basman

@NoSelfSelf I have formulated lots of unique ideas through contemplation, yet I don't have any confidence in them, specifically because they are not something that people would agree with, I try to have independence of mind, its one my of top values along with wisdom and understanding, yet it is difficult, especially when most people are against your ideas.

@Sincerity damn it, your answers are motivating and make me smile.
As for the I am god/love thing, I still haven't had a direct experience of this, looking forward to though, enlightenment is something I will focus on when I get the lower parts of Maslow hierarchy mastered (I am still 16, so lots to go), but I do have daily practices nonetheless (daily meditation, daily concentration practice, daily reading, daily exercise, and contemplation at weekends)

"wise humans" aren't the scientific type in most cases. It's more like mystics, stage yellow/turquoise people or whoever.

I love this.

@Basman the thing is, I do feel benefits, but in these periods of doubt, I either think "it might just be a placebo effect" or "these benefits don't get me anywhere, this is a waste of time" though when I don't have doubts, I realize this as foolish.

@Ayham Something is really off here, if you are truly independent thinker dont you see that then you wouldnt care about others thinking, because your unique perspectives/ideas would not match with others anyways precisely because you made it?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

28 minutes ago, Ayham said:

@Sincerity damn it, your answers are motivating and make me smile.

Thank You!! I'm glad to be of help.

As for the I am god/love thing, I still haven't had a direct experience of this, looking forward to though, enlightenment is something I will focus on when I get the lower parts of Maslow hierarchy mastered (I am still 16, so lots to go), but I do have daily practices nonetheless (daily meditation, daily concentration practice, daily reading, daily exercise, and contemplation at weekends)

Oh, You're so young. :) I'm 20 if You wish to know. I got involved in all of this when I was around 15.

From what I sense, You have the Intuition (everyone does, but most don't hear it) and the wisdom. So You're gonna get big "results" sooner or later. There will be struggle but it will be worth it... Oh it will.

I love this.

:x

Edited by Sincerity

@NoSelfSelf 

@Ayham Something is really off here, if you are truly independent thinker dont you see that then you wouldnt care about others thinking, because your unique perspectives/ideas would not match with others anyways precisely because you made it?

its more like, I am trying to become an independent thinker, but I don't think I am yet.

@Sincerity 

I'm 20 if You wish to know. I got involved in all of this when I was around 15.

Oh damn, you aren't that old either, and I also got into this at 15.

From what I sense, You have the Intuition (everyone does, but most don't hear it) and the wisdom. So You're gonna get big "results" sooner or later. There's will be struggle but it will be worth it... Oh it will.

Thank you so much!

@Ayham Okay,you are one step closer by realizing that instead of trying to be something you are not yet!

It's you.

Now fight.

2 hours ago, Ayham said:

Do you also get doubts after doing these practices for a long time on a daily basis? things like meditation, kriya yoga, contemplation, self inquiry, etc. 

I don't remember having any doubts.

U should see some kind of results in your practice if it's a legitamite good practice imo. And the results will give u faith that you're indeed moving somewhere.

legitamite good practice is a very important key point here. Bc u can indeed waste a lot of time doing weird things in the name of spirituality ? 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

I think you need to reconsider your priorities. What is the most important thing that you know you should be doing right now? Is it school? Is it money? Is it socializing? Whatever it is, that's your priority number one. If neither enlightenment nor personal development is in your top 5 priorities, then I suggest you take a break from this work and come back later. Don't worry, your progress will be saved, and you will keep improving anyway without "the work", because you've already made some effort in the right direction. I mean you've gained at least some consciousness and wisdom from reading and the practices, and that doesn't go away. It'll help you navigate the world better.

I would also suggest that you check your expectations. What are you expecting from this work? What are the results that you want?

It's easy to give you answers to your questions, but ultimately only you can know the answers, because it's your life. You are living it.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

@NoSelfSelf great!

@Salvijus well good for you, for me, I do get results, so far I have gotten things like: much more mindfulness, being in "awe" everyday, much greater self-control, more happiness in general, more emotional mastery, I have a purpose.
and on the less spiritual side:  people and friends started to ask for advice and take me as an inspiration and I also have much better grades (i think like it is connected)
what is your practice? what results did you get?

@Gesundheit2 well this work and school are my top priorities, this work is kind of my life, I cant imagine stopping even if not for long.
and my expectations in the long run are basically: becoming a very wise and knowledgeable person, becoming enlightened, and to develop a solid foundation for life. 

It's easy to give you answers to your questions, but ultimately only you can know the answers, because it's your life. You are living it.

beautiful, I have also noticed that, when people ask for advice/help, I seem to be able to answer much better than I would answer for me.

38 minutes ago, Ayham said:

what is your practice? what results did you get?

One of the biggest benefit i recently attained to is the ability to transform anger and triggered energy into acceptance, love and harmony.  That's something i struggled for a long time and no practice was able to help me, i'd constantly get triggered and react in the same way over and over. Then by accident i started reading and practicing acim (a course in miracles) and it was the most life changing course for me. Everything about my life changed in that year. My diet, my opinion on every topic, what i like, what i don't like, my very destiny and end goal of life all has changed into smth i had not imagined. That's the power of undergoing a legitamite quality material versus amateur stuff :)

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

You should check in with yourself every year or so and just ask yourself if you are gaining benefits and seeing results. If not, then modify your methods.

No scientist can do this for you.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

When you listen to people like Rupert Spira, or people who are adept at these practices, what can you firstly feel from them on an energetic level, and secondly, what can you observe about them on a behavioral level that you think is admirable? If you can identify those things, that should be a motivation enough to continue the work, and it's probably a big reason why you started the work in the first place. Distractions will always pop up. That is life. Just go back to the reason why you were drawn to the work in the first place if you need to remind yourself why you're doing it.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 hours ago, Ayham said:

What is right is relative to each moment. 

“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

Yes this work that you are doing may not have immediate tangible benefits.

It is not like going through school where you will get a certificate (O levels) after graduation. There is usually no certificate involved or even if you do get a certificate sometimes, the cert is not recognized or sought after by employers.

Furthermore, after studying the work, you also have to constantly practice on them. Most of the stuff you mentioned require consistent and committed practices. Have faith. 

12 hours ago, Ayham said:

I am still 16.

You may think you are lost and doubt yourself, in fact you are way ahead of the pack. Keep going.

@Salvijus Great results! keep it up man, good luck.

@Leo Gura oh yes, a sort of yearly review, good suggestion leo.

@Carl-Richard

what can you firstly feel from them on an energetic level, and secondly, what can you observe about them on a behavioral level that you think is admirable?

I feel honesty from them and I get lots of clarity, and what I see as admirable is wisdom.

that should be a motivation enough to continue the work, and it's probably a big reason why you started the work in the first place. Distractions will always pop up. That is life. Just go back to the reason why you were drawn to the work in the first place if you need to remind yourself why you're doing it.

great advice.

@Yimpa @supremeyingyang thanks.

@hyruga yes I suppose patience is necessary. 

@Ayham

Your profile picture, Awakening from the Meaning Crisis series.  Have you completed the series?  Have you enjoyed what you watched?

I think it is a beautiful piece of work.