Zeroguy

Law of attraction is BS

18 posts in this topic

It’s one of the many (metaphoric) ways to explain the process of creation in the Universe. I understand it and I use it.

It’s half hippy new age trash but there is some truth to it. You can’t control what happens outside your body and life is always uncertain. But through your beliefs you can creat and find stuff in reality you like and want and guide your canoe in different directions, but of course there is still always uncertainty. Law of attraction is mostly just a corny way of taking responsibility for your beliefs. 

Edited by Lyubov

Everything in life is your making.

Everything you percieve and experience, is like a metaphor for what is going on in the mind.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

Under the airy-fairy, spiritual-sounding BS, a deeper principle might be expressed. Look into the principle itself without getting distracted by the fireworks. What's the principle about? What do these kind of practices point to? When it works, what really happened in your experience?

Of course in order to accomplish something, wishing and focusing on what you want isn't enough. But that's an adequate starting place. Certainly when your mind goes down ineffective thought patterns, for example, you might start to get stuck into a certain way of thinking. In the same way, one can imagine having achieved her goal. That mind image is going to set an empowering disposition for you, helping you be more effective and flexible.

Positive thinking needs to be balanced with groundedness: "If wishes were horses, the homeless would ride."

I mostly agree with its underlying principle but it needs to be contemplated and experienced for oneself and not adopted as dogma.

Edited by UnbornTao

Its real.

Its not what you think though. Its Law of mirroring which means the outside is equal to the inside.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

there are a lot of powerful principles you can use in it - theyre actually just success principles.

but a trap is if you think you will attract/get things by just sitting there and doing nothing about it. 

I think the way its expressed is bs. People espousing it the loudest can't embody a fraction of what they express.

But I believe it's true we are responsible for what happens in our lives, it's just largely an unconscious process for many of us.

Claim: Newton's law of gravity: Objects fall down to the ground due to their mass/weight.

Fact: All known objects on earth, from before the dawn of time, and up until this point have been falling to the ground, from up to down, consistently.

Conclusion: Indisputable fact. No room for doubt or debate under the materialist paradigm.

=====

Claim: Naive law of attraction (hippy level 1/Purple): You get what you want. Everything you desire will be yours. Even the impossible can become possible with desire.

Fact: Misfortune happens a lot. People born with disabilities exist. Bad things happen to people, animals, and even plants. People and animals get cancer and other terminal illnesses. Good people are rewarded poorly, and bad people are rewarded greatly. Etc.

=====

Claim: Karmic law of attraction (hippy level 2/Blue): No, you're misinterpreting. These things are not random, nor necessarily bad. They all happen for a reason. There is a divine plan. Be more nuanced, dude! Everything is not what it seems. Sometimes, good things look bad from the outside, and vice-versa. This will all make sense if you consider the good and bad deeds of one's ancestors. Basically, there's good Karma, and there's bad Karma. And it's an intergenerational thing and way more complex than you think, so don't even try.

Fact: Law of attraction and morality are two separate issues. We can discuss morality and what defines good and bad, and we can even reach an agreement at that. But that still won't prove Karma, because that agreement will only ever be a partial/limited perspective that we can impose upon reality with our minds. And because it is limited, we will find cases where law of attraction will contradict morality, and vice-versa. Besides, good and bad are relative judgements from one's own point of view. What's good for you can be bad for another dude or being, and vice-versa. Nothing defines absolute good and bad, except self-bias.

=====

Claim: Positive law of attraction (hippy level 3/Green): Everything is Good! Absolutely Good! Even if it seems bad. Bad is an illusion of the mind. Only Goodness exists. Love! Everything is Love! Even hell is Love! Right here, right now! Imagination, life is your creation! Come on Barbie, let's go party!

Fact: Oh, just shut up!

=====

Claim: Ultimate law of attraction (hippy level 4/Turquoise): Alright, sorry about my earlier versions. I'll try to be more realistic this time. Law of attraction works well if you focus on your desires and align yourself with them. The more you focus and align, the bigger your chances.

Fact: Sounds fair. Although, I wouldn't call it a law at this point. It's more like a loose general guideline for life, where you don't allow yourself to drown in limiting beliefs and negativity. I'm not trying to be argumentative or disprove anything here. It's just that life is infinitely complex and there are countless factors that can affect goals setting and achieving besides positive thinking. In fact, considering some factors, like health, wealth, political climate, etc. Law of attraction becomes very pale, limited, and irrelevant. But it's good to know that the thought is out there.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

On 05/01/2023 at 3:22 AM, Gesundheit2 said:

Even the impossible can become possible with desire.

100%

developing pure faith is deeply spiritual. Reality is imaginary, hence your believes are fundamental in changing your reality. It may take years and great focus to imagine something into reality but it's possible. 

softly into the Abyss...

Claim:

1 hour ago, Intraplanetary said:

100%

developing pure faith is deeply spiritual. Reality is imaginary, hence your believes are fundamental in changing your reality. It may take years and great focus to imagine something into reality but it's possible. 

Fact: Misfortune happens a lot. People born with disabilities exist. Bad things happen to people, animals, and even plants. People and animals get cancer and other terminal illnesses. Good people are rewarded poorly, and bad people are rewarded greatly. Etc.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

2 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Fact: Misfortune happens a lot.

not in my world ??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...