Thought Art

New Episode: An Intro to Serious Philosophy

20 posts in this topic

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Danioover9000 So soon, yet so late

◭"89"

Decent intro video but far too long. It could have been 2 hours easily. I think Leo should re-edit and reupload.

Just now, EternalForest said:

Decent intro video but far too long. It could have been 2 hours easily. I think Leo should re-edit and reupload.

No.

3 hours ago, EternalForest said:

Bit long for those who know him

◭"89"

6 hours ago, Rigel said:

@Leo Gura Your use of profanity was exquisite in this one?

Use of profanity there was intentional and strategic.

My not using profanity is primarily on this forum when interacting with you guys. The videos will still contain some strategic profanity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The videos will still contain some strategic profanity.

:D Can you explain the rationale behind it?

30 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

:D Can you explain the rationale behind it?

I will use whatever style best communicates an idea to the audience. Communication is not merely logical, it is also emotional and even aesthetic. Hence, humor, wit, profanity, hyperbole, drama, vocal tone, poetry, imagery, shocking examples, and even shaming and bullying are all fair game. If I could slap you guys, I sometimes would.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura

I had guessed so. It was very effective! 

Sailing on the ceiling 

Great video, Leo!  I hope you have the desire to one day write a book expounding your philosophy. I mean, you already went above and beyond with your content and have done enough, but academic and popular culture is such that a book would carry more weight in the terms of getting your ideas seriously considered and leaving something for the future.  

Philosophy always struck me as a strange field. Who would try to learn physics by going back to Newton's original writings and studying them outside the context of all the developments since then? 

Now, some feedback. Remember in the 5-Meo-MALT video when you said that there's a collective responsibility to safeguard the reputation of psychedelics? When you say that you've achieved omniscience, the end of philosophy, and so on, you're going against that. What's the point of undermining your message with extravagant claims for which you have no evidence? It just gives ammunition for people to dismiss your teachings on the basis that it's all a hallucination from psychedelics and that you're being iconoclastic for egoic purposes. The more outlandish the claims, the more this becomes the "rational" Bayesian update from their perspective. 

I imagine your response: you're being authentic and saying what is true. Shut up and do the work to verify. However, the above remains valid even if you're completely right about everything. This is about how the message is received. 

Edited by Dorje Chang

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

My not using profanity is primarily on this forum when interacting with you guys. The videos will still contain some strategic profanity.

Leo " Strategic Profanity " Gura. 

I'd buy some Strategic Profanity wristbands ?

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

I find it ironic and funny that Jed McKenna's book was Leo's intro to spirituality, while for me it was almost like the outro xD

We are very different, yet very similar.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

14 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

I find it ironic and funny that Jed McKenna's book was Leo's intro to spirituality, while for me it was almost like the outro xD

We are very different, yet very similar.

I read Peter Ralston, Jed McKenna, and Eckhart Tolle in that order.

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

Tademarking pure philosophy made me laugh 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

On 10/31/2022 at 2:09 PM, thepixelmonk said:

No.

I mean to start with, you could easily cut the first 18 minutes. The road trip story would have been the perfect way to start the video.

Edited by EternalForest