Leo Gura

So.... I Achieved Insanity

210 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura You've referred to "insane levels of consciousness" in the past as well. And you also said that you've had experienced some insanity on mushrooms. How was this different?

And exactly what do you mean by insanity?

Edited by bazera

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

Honestly,

did you “try” to achieve this

or did it happen 

Oh, I tried all right. Was not accident.

Don't worry about me, I'm good.

54 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Leo Gura Would you say it has changed aspects of your understanding of those who are seemingly held to be  severely mentally ill?

Well, I think most mentally ill people are not truly insane.

True insanity is something else.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Oh, I tried all right. Was not accident.

Don't worry about me, I'm good.

But aren't mental disorders and insanity similar? What's the key differences that make them both separate enough?

1 hour ago, sorrytoch said:

Isn't there a place for legitimate concern for doing such things? Won't at a certain point the barrier between sane and insane fade opening the possibility of becoming insane for your entire human life?

Oh yeah, there's no guarantee you're coming back.

1 hour ago, sorrytoch said:

Also how do you define insanity?

Well... that's tricky to answer.

1 hour ago, Dazgwny said:

How do you mean by this? I thought you’d done this before? I once spent what I’d think about 20 minutes in insanity. Just gone, where I thought there’s absolutely no way I could ever see anybody again because, well I was just insane. The confusion was incomparable to anything I can describe, yet so much clarity at the same time that I’d completely lost it. A strange paradox. But do you mean you’ve gone far deeper than previously? As into a degree where you’ve maybe understood the dynamics or something along those lines?

Much further. A lot more clarity now rather than confusion. Confusion sorta takes the edge off of insanity because to truly be insane you gotta not be confused about it. Confusion is a sort of defense mechanism from looking it in the face.

57 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Leo Gura Details or even better, a video? 

I've been waiting a lot time to do a video explaining insanity.

Just needed direct experience of it first ;)

55 minutes ago, newbee said:

I've experienced it on a bad trip, but why did you WANT to experience it? 

For science ;)

And can you elaborate on how it was for you and what did it taught you about consciousness?

That's difficult to do. Requires doing some serious writing.

I will attempt a write-up what insanity feels like.

It made me develop a fear of death and wonder if there are souls stuck in that realm for eternity?  The only thing that saved me was when the drugs stopped working, but what if you experience that when you die.  How do you get out?

The best way to get out is to surrender to it and try to enjoy it. Eventually the mind exhausts itself, gets bored with it, and switches tracks. At least if you got a healthy mind.

49 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Why?  What the hell is the relationship between understanding consciousness and insanity?

How can you know what consciousness is unless you explore all its corners?

58 minutes ago, newbee said:

something that looks like this

Now that's an epic Awakening! :D

11 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Leo Gura

But aren't mental disorders and insanity similar? What's the key differences that make them both separate enough?

There's so many different mental disorders.

They could share some similarities.

But I consider insanity its own distinct domain.

Most people with mental disorders have some specific way in which their mind works oddly. But they're not full-blown insane.

When you are in a very high, awakened state of consciousness you could ask your mind to take you into insanity. Not that I recommend you do this. It could get really ugly. If you contemplate What is insanity? long enough, eventually you're break through into the insane domain. Which is not a place you want to be. It's quite dangerous.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

@Leo Gura ha, ha? isn't it infinite? Then how can You explore All its corners?

The more corners you explore the better you understand it.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How can you know what consciousness is unless you explore all its corners?

you suffer from simply having a strong sense of intellectual curiosity, which is certainly not a bad thing.

Considering the anxiously self-conscious tone of your recent posts on the forum..I will assume you are fairly extremely serious about this work .which can be a double edged sword.  

You are not strange. You are not wrong.  You are just curious. And that curiosity throws you for loops when you start to think about big questions. You are concerned that there is something wrong with this.

Most people lose this curious spirit in adolescence. They fear ,unlike you ,that their curiosity is a sort of pathology, or they feel they are imposing on those whom they ask question to. They learn to be ashamed of their curiosity, so they learn to repress it. So by the time they are twenty they are much more ‘chilled’ and don’t think particularly inquisitively any longer. What a tragedy. 

I don't know .I wish you all the best if that insanity thing bothered you .and if it was a positive experience. Then congratulations :)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

What s the point of knowing insanity?...does it have any benefit for us to know this state of mind!!!????

I guess this is your spirit searching for balance in between all the knowing and wisdom.

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura I believe I understand what you're saying.

How about with regards to someone with psychosis or schizophrenia? I.e. delusion, hallucinations

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Insanity: extreme foolishness or irrationality.

Source: Any dictionary.

Sorry, but I don't see that here. I see a perfectly rational/sentient human being who is claiming to have achieved some state of stupidity.

Just so much for insanity.

P.S. Stop trolling.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 hour ago, newbee said:

something that looks like this

Wow. I experienced something quite similar on the street. I was also naked. But in the awakening nothing bothers you even the slightest about how it would look like to others. But careful with psychedelics nonetheless. Awakening states are not easily integrated into everyday normal NPC life :D

8 minutes ago, Saraaa said:

What s the point of knowing insanity?...does it have any benefit for us to know this state of mind!!!????

To know what Consciousness is.

4 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Leo Gura I believe I understand what you're saying.

How about with regards to someone with psychosis or schizophrenia? I.e. delusion, hallucinations

It's hard to tell since I don't have either of those conditions, but they probably tap into some of the sanity domain that I tapped into it.

4 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Insanity: extreme foolishness or irrationality.

Source: Any dictionary.

That's not at all what insanity is.

Edited by Leo Gura

Alien mouse... Insanity...please make Videos! ! But maybe this is not mainstream enough so you could get some attack from all these non open minded people out there

Can you tell if Joker in the Joker movie is also insane by your definition? 

Just now, Leo Gura said:

That's not at all what insanity is.

Then you have no idea what you're talking about.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

there is not a single distinction between sanity and insanity, this rationalization comes only from a place of infinite madness, if inspected properly.

Only a false sense of narrative stuck in belief in sanity remain with ego, but it is complete mirage, you can drop coherency.

coherency has never been but a dream stuck in your head, it doesn't need to happen or to be thought, when it will be, it will absolutely be.

Life has no goal and nothing has to be achieved, success is just another label for the drunk.
just like you're born, everything keeps infinitely happening as it should and you don't have to unfold anything, because you're the unfolding.

2 minutes ago, OBEler said:

Can you tell if Joker in the Joker movie is also insane by your definition? 

Never watched it.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Guraeating the fruits of the tree of knowledge - that's what the evolution of consciousness is. I guess. But I believe that any mind, no matter how healthy, trained, advanced and sane, will collapse to grasp what Infinity is. There was such a great BBC Dangerous Knowledge document. I recommend. On the other hand, maybe that's what it is all about. The collapse of the mind. See what it's like without the mind. When pure being remains. Simply is... Just guessing.