GroovyGuru

Tips or resources for how to become funnier?

24 posts in this topic

For the first time in my life I've started exploring dating and interacting with a lot of women. For years I've learned about game and how to go about attracting women but I never really put it into practice until a few weeks ago. Because of that I've been pretty damn successful right off the bat, which has only made me more confident and inspired to improve and explore this area of life.

I find that humour and playfully teasing women is one of the most impactful ways to be attractive, if not the most. Last weekend I went out and was just in a good mood and was joking around and teasing girls and their dance moves and almost every single girl I did that to responded so damn well to it. I can be pretty decent at it, but I want to become way better. I want my wit and humour to be fucking automatic and clever. It's usually like that over text, I tend to be a really great texter because I have some time to think of something cheeky and ballsy. But in person, it's sometimes hard to think of stuff on the spot.

Anyone have any tips or resources about how to improve your wit and humour? I don't want to improve this characteristic just for picking up women, it's useful in many ways and in general, we all love people who are lighthearted and funny.

By writing down things that makes you burst laughing...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

There's a book on comedy called The Cheeky Monkey by Tim Ferguson which I've been enjoying. Might be worth a look. 

How To Be Funny

One of my better videos.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How To Be Funny

My first Actualized video. Seven years later, I'm still unfunny. 

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@The Mystical Man Cause you didn't do what I said in the video.

:ph34r:

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

@GroovyGuru  Here are some of my perspectives.

I'd say that watching some comedies that you find funny can help. Consider letting go of any desires, if you have the ability, that you have for comedy to be sophisticated, fart jokes are acceptable hehe.

I find 'yes and' to be have been something that helped me in the past. Someone makes a joke and you can, 'yes and' it, and I find it creates this collaborative, jokey dynamic which I find quite fun.

Also, I think taking the mindset of making jokes in order to self-amuse, rather than get a reaction, is a helpful and also funner, more freeing approach to take. I.e. I personally find 'step-x' jokes fucking hilarious. So, sometimes I'll call a girl my step-mum during our convo, like maybe she'll say something I find a bit commanding and mother like, and i'll find it funny to say, 'okay step mum' and laugh about it loool. Also, after each interaction with a girl I find it fun to think about something I found funny about the interaction. Found it works better when you have a banter-type friend with you whilst doing it.

Finally, when someone teases you, you can agree and affirm. I.e. someone says, 'You think you're so cool don't you', you can reply, 'Ye i'm actually the coolest person in the world. It can actually gets quite stressful sometimes'.

I personally really value humor. I think bringing humor into your life in a healthy manner (i.e. not as an avoidance tool, in the place of inner work) can really bring a lot of joy and fun to one's life! 

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

Yea that Leo guy made a video on this.

Fuck this forum thread. Go watch then implement what he shared in the video.

Simple.

P.S.

My mom thinks I’m funny :P 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

Your best most charismatic self comes out when you are in an upbeat and positive mindstate.

Humour is more of the vibe and tone that you express, rather than the content itself.

You can use the standard teasing, making fun of what women say, crude and sexual innuendos, but for it to have the impact that you are looking for - it needs to come from the right vibe and frame.

The famous comedian George Carlin once eloquently referred to comedy as "pointing out the absurdity of reality". I've found this is a really succinct description. To be funny is to be good at seeing the stupidity or wackiness of things you or others didn't consider before.

You have to become a keen observer of the world. I think being a quiet introvert really helped me be funny growing up. I would spend a lot of time watching people and the world and seeing things I thought were funny, and then I would package them and bring it up to other people in a way to make them see what I did.

If you want to become more "automatic" and witty you might need to tweak your filter a bit. This takes some practice to just rapidly spurt out funny things. You'll have to loosen up and say what's in your head with minimal "packaging".  I mean use your sense though. Don't make crude jokes that young men will find funny, but older women will report you to HR for lol. You gotta know your audience.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

Hanging out a lot with funny people who are care free, being around people in general helps a lot..

The answer to "How do I do thing x" is to immerse yourself in it. Doesn't matter what thing x is, just immerse yourself in it, get obsessed.

try an improv class. Or stand up comedy class.

@Roy the "keen observer pointing out the absurdity of reality" is a good point of comedy. I love comedy and I also would consider myself an observant person.

Being funny is not really a skill. It comes from a place within that you need to keep healthy by avoiding orgasm and by eating raw foods. The funnyness will just flow out of you automatically.

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

1 hour ago, Eyowey said:

Being funny is not really a skill. It comes from a place within that you need to keep healthy by avoiding orgasm and by eating raw foods. The funnyness will just flow out of you automatically.

Ah yes, orgasm avoidance and consumption of raw food

The secret of every great comic

???

The game of survival cannot be won. 

19 minutes ago, King Merk said:

Ah yes, orgasm avoidance and consumption of raw food

The secret of every great comic

???

You can create children or jokes. Not both. Unless your child happens to look funny.

You might point to Louis C.K. as a counter example but with all the gay jokes he makes I'm certain that he swallows. Not judging him btw.

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

11 hours ago, Eyowey said:

Being funny is not really a skill. It comes from a place within that you need to keep healthy by avoiding orgasm and by eating raw foods

What are you talking about? From where did you get this info from lol. Many of the most successful comedians slept with hundreds of girls and had trash diets